Career Officer
# 1 New DOff Dilithium Costs
10-18-2012, 01:31 PM
I noticed the following dilithium costs on Tribble at the Personnel Officer:

General Recruitment (the basic DOff pack) - 1,000
Reassign Underperforming Officers (crunch 5 into 1 of the next higher quality)
Common - 500 (600 at race specific vendor)
Uncommon - 2500 (3000 at race specific vendor)
Rare - 5000 (6000 at race specific vendor)

Seems a bit steep to me. I'll probably stop doing those assignments if this goes live. Since I don't buy packs on the Z-Store or grind dilithium, it'll hurt my DOff production a bit, and my DOff contributions to our starbases. I can live with it though. I'm wondering how it will affect other players.
Career Officer
# 2
10-18-2012, 01:41 PM
That's absurd.

It's enough of a grind just to have to get the DOFFs...now we have to grind to grind?

SMH...this is turning into a disaster for Cryptic/PWE. Not gonna run these missions, which means Starbase construction could potentially slow and prices on Exchange go up.

Looks like I'll be using Fleet Credits rather than time and EC to get DOFFs after this...

EDIT: Looks like Tactical, Enginering, Science, and Civil "Cadres" are still Dilithium-free.
Career Officer
# 3
10-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Wow that's a brtual set of costs.

Unreal.

Career Officer
# 4
10-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Wow that's a brtual set of costs.

Unreal.
Monetization gone wild. I would expect we'll see Dil added to the cost of most things the heavy doffers use.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
I noticed the following dilithium costs on Tribble at the Personnel Officer:

General Recruitment (the basic DOff pack) - 1,000
Reassign Underperforming Officers (crunch 5 into 1 of the next higher quality)
Common - 500 (600 at race specific vendor)
Uncommon - 2500 (3000 at race specific vendor)
Rare - 5000 (6000 at race specific vendor)

Seems a bit steep to me. I'll probably stop doing those assignments if this goes live. Since I don't buy packs on the Z-Store or grind dilithium, it'll hurt my DOff production a bit, and my DOff contributions to our starbases. I can live with it though. I'm wondering how it will affect other players.
Wow if this is so that a huge cost bump
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-18-2012, 02:32 PM
So for commons it goes from the current 10 all the way up to 500?

Wow.

So now you can't dismiss doffs for recruitment cxp or dilithium, and you can't upgrind them to the next higher tier without paying out the nose?

That personnel officer that stands by Lt Ferra is going to be awfully lonely soon.
Career Officer
# 7
10-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Monetization gone wild. I would expect we'll see Dil added to the cost of most things the heavy doffers use.
You know I try to be positive and accept that the game needs to make money, but there are times when the crushing grind of "free to play" has me feeling that by this time next year you can log into the game and play for free but dilithium costs will be added to sector space travel, basic character movement, opening menus and a "cost per character" when you type in chat.

Career Officer
# 8
10-18-2012, 02:59 PM
This is honestly getting ridiculous!

First they nerf our Dilithium Income such as the nerfs to the Contraband Mission and the Dilithium you get for turning in DOFFs. Then they add those enormous costs for Fleet Starbases. Then with Season 7, they get rid of the free STF Turn-ins and now force you to pay for that stuff with Dilithium, AND NOW THIS?

If Cryptic goes through with this, I will immediately stop working on Starbases and I will stop bothering with DOFFs. In fact, for the first time, I am actually thinking of quitting STO. Because I am tired of Perfect World's greed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Cryptic... this is ****ing ridiculous!

I'm fed up with this **** honestly. Wallet is closed from here on.

Last edited by avantgarde01; 10-18-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Captain
# 10
10-18-2012, 03:07 PM
I echo these sentiments.

I am aware that management probably cares nothing for this, but there is a point at which things are so heavily monetized that you start cutting your profits to shreds.

I think that this may be one of those points.

Definitely not picking up extra char slots or DOff slots at this point. That's just ridiculous, and I shudder to think what it might be like to start over under these conditions.