Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Season 7 Foundry Heads-up
11-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi Foundry Authors!

As we move closer to the launch of Season 7, the team and I wanted to give you all a heads up on some Foundry-related items:
1) At the time Season 7 launches, the editing tool for the Foundry, as well as being able to play missions, will be disabled as previous missions are republished -- we expect this editing downtime to last only a short while. Republishing will be an automatic process.

2) Foundry spotlighted missions will return once editing/ playing comes back up, including having their own billing in the Mission Journal! If you've been spotlighted in the past on the website, expect to receive an update through your past ticket with information on how your mission will be featured going forward. There will be some new things you need to agree to in order to continue having your mission featured. Details and instructions will be in your ticket update.

3) As you may have seen from the Tribble patch notes, we've made a change to how the Foundry Daily works. Zero posted more information here.
Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing all of your amazing missions built during Season 7 and beyond.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
11-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Hopefully this'll be the fastest foundry down time yet...
Captain
# 3
11-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
There will be some new things you need to agree to in order to continue having your mission featured. Details and instructions will be in your ticket update.
hmm... that sounds rather ominous.
Career Officer
# 4
11-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
hmm... that sounds rather ominous.
We saw part of those briefly on Tribble, I think.

It's probably just:

An extra round of EULA qualifications.

Maybe agreeing to let Cryptic copy/archive a non-editable version for the Spotlight version.
Ensign
# 5
11-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you've been spotlighted in the past on the website, expect to receive an update through your past ticket with information on how your mission will be featured going forward. There will be some new things you need to agree to in order to continue having your mission featured. Details and instructions will be in your ticket update.
What do you mean by "ticket"?

I don't remember receiving anything when 'City of the Polmar Ree' was spotlighted.
Community Moderator
# 6
11-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post

It's probably just:

Maybe agreeing to let Cryptic copy/archive a non-editable version for the Spotlight version.
I would imagine this is very much it, a limited release of the content and ideas to Cryptic for much what you imply.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
# 7
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post

It's probably just:

Pretty much this Nothing too crazy. If you click the "submit mission to be spotlighted" button on Tribble, you'll see what they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimacthirty View Post
What do you mean by "ticket"?

I don't remember receiving anything when 'City of the Polmar Ree' was spotlighted.
Ah, that's right. The first couple had direct communication with me through social media or through my email. If that's the case, you'll get an email from me, but it will be created through the ticketing system

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 8
11-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Unholy Alliances I was spotlighted and brought over from tribble. will that be included as well?

I didn't get a ticket either.
Ensign
# 9
11-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Ah, that's right. The first couple had direct communication with me through social media or through my email. If that's the case, you'll get an email from me, but it will be created through the ticketing system
Thank you
# 10
11-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soriedem View Post
Unholy Alliances I was spotlighted and brought over from tribble. will that be included as well?

I didn't get a ticket either.
I'll be reaching out to all past spotlighted authors listed here

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=