Lieutenant
# 41
11-22-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Foundry Authors!

As we move closer to the launch of Season 7, the team and I wanted to give you all a heads up on some Foundry-related items:
1) At the time Season 7 launches, the editing tool for the Foundry, as well as being able to play missions, will be disabled as previous missions are republished -- we expect this editing downtime to last only a short while. Republishing will be an automatic process.

2) Foundry spotlighted missions will return once editing/ playing comes back up, including having their own billing in the Mission Journal! If you've been spotlighted in the past on the website, expect to receive an update through your past ticket with information on how your mission will be featured going forward. There will be some new things you need to agree to in order to continue having your mission featured. Details and instructions will be in your ticket update.

3) As you may have seen from the Tribble patch notes, we've made a change to how the Foundry Daily works. Zero posted more information here.
Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing all of your amazing missions built during Season 7 and beyond.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
NEW RULES WILL VIOLATE LAWS censership as writers we need to comply to term but us law 1 is sirst if pwe fails here will be a major lawsuit for censoring and should be noted they screening all old missions and should be unlawful to us writers already been personally noted do bigdog
Captain
# 42
11-22-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwayuo View Post
NEW RULES WILL VIOLATE LAWS censership as writers we need to comply to term but us law 1 is sirst if pwe fails here will be a major lawsuit for censoring and should be noted they screening all old missions and should be unlawful to us writers already been personally noted do bigdog
Huh?... Wha?... Huh?...
Career Officer
# 43
11-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Big Dog indeed. Big Dog.

Or as AJ said.

Huh ?
Wha ?
Huh ?
Career Officer
# 44
11-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Fight the power!!!!

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 45
11-22-2012, 09:32 PM
You gotta take the power back!!!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Empire Veteran
# 46
11-23-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to seeing all of your amazing missions built during Season 7 and beyond.
"Built", but what about rewarding people for playing them? A new mission won't give any reward, consequently people will focus on existing ones. And even if i'm not creating missions to get 5000+ plays, I'm not making them for the sake of making them. I like when they get out of the review area, you know.

I'm still waiting for an answer: what's the incentive to play new missions with the new reward system? Is at least someone up there thinking to a possible fix or is it completely ignored?
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
11-23-2012, 06:24 AM
There are plenty of people who play Foundry missions just to play. How do you think missions got 5 plays before? I doubt there were a lot of dilithium-focused players who were going in and playing missions with 1 review just to get the daily done.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 48
11-24-2012, 02:37 AM
Quote:
No they do not violate any U.S. Federal Laws, censorship is when the government violates your freedom of speech not when private companies deny you your right to free speech in a domain that they own.

The right to free speech must be exercised within your own domain or in the public domain at your own expense. Cryptic or any company for that matter is not required to spend money to provide you a forum for you to exercise your right to free speech.

Last edited by aeternali; 11-24-2012 at 02:41 AM.