Ensign
Hello Star Trek community!

At first we want to introduce ourselves as a great fans of Star Trek universum

Appreciating the tremendous strength and quality of the Star Trek Online community, we would like to present You our project: an old school turn-based space stretegy - "M.O.R.E."
The game will be based on "Master of Orion 2" and will have a 3D turn-based spacebattles, etc. We are a huge fans of StarTrek so.. there will be a huge game impact from ST universum into our game. (for example Brutas race will be a little simillar to Klingons )

For more information, I invite you to visit our project website on kickstarter:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-strategy-game

If you'll enjoy our idea, You can also support us there - we will appreciate this. We simply want to go, where no one has gone before... (in 4x games)
Thank You.
IdeaLcenter

P.S.
My post is intended only to inform the players of ST Online about our initiative. I would be grateful if my post won't be removed. Thank You.
Ensign
Have you seen our latest video? There is Brutas race - almost like Klingons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlAEKGyVmu0

Please, support M.O.R.E. !
Thank You!
Career Officer
# 3
09-22-2012, 05:25 AM
I like kickstarters!
Just make sure you keep MoO2 in mind and not the blasphemous thing that followed.
Good luck.
I miss my _.
Ensign
# 4
09-29-2012, 06:23 AM
This week we are proud to announce that M.O.R.E. will be supported on the Macintosh and Linux operating systems! We hope that our Windows backers will see the positive impact of an increased community. Mac and Linux Users - M.O.R.E. community is waiting for you to join our cause!
Lieutenant
# 5
09-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Looks interesting, and I've back the project but there are a couple of things that I'd like answered. The Brutas with the massive cannons on their back look pretty cool, that part with them standing up, not so much. Also makes me wonder one thing, how do they build anything? Hooves are about as useful for building most things as a sledgehammer. Sledgehammers in labs also aren't terribly useful. Are they telekinetic? Did they enslave a race with prehensile appendages long ago and direct them on how to build what they want? Are they simply the 'warrior' breed of Brutas, with smaller ones that have prehensile appendages working in R&D and manufacturing? Or are they actually the front for another race that controls all research and development, as well as manufacturing? Were they once the slaves of another race, who were in the position to learn how all the machines were operated and then used that knowledge to force their oppressors out, then using the factories and other devices to continue manufacturing and research?

This kind of thing is important to me. I love diversity in a game, but at the same time it needs that touch of realism. Any advanced race that constructs objects is going to need some method of manipulating tools. It helps me, and I'd expect many others, to connect to a game when I can see it and think 'oh yeah, I can see how that would work.' How technologies work can be explained away with technobabble, but some things need a little more grounding in reality. Feel free to use any of the above explanations if you haven't already got one that hasn't been revealed yet. Don't have to tell me if you already have a great idea that you'd like to keep secret, just a 'Yep, we have a reason why ' is plenty.

The other thing that I'd like to know, is about the game in general in regards to the mid-late and end game. The map shown is quite large, which can make for some truly epic games, and also for unfinished games where victory is all but assured but in order for it to actually be declared victory, you'd have go through the tedium of systematically hunting down remnant forces and colonies. Can victory conditions be set that control of x% of the galaxy will start a countdown timer for victory? Will it be possible after showing your might and just how much larger your domain is to a small neighbour, that you could request their surrender to you that they'll then accept? A kind of hidden AI leader's morale if you will, where being next to a foe that they're clearly outmatched by will increase their likelihood of surrender, as will losing multiple planets in a turn (to anyone, but strongest to those who take them), defeats in battles and successful espionage/diplomatic attempts against them. Anything else to cut through the tedium that tends to crop up in this stage of the game beyond everyone having formed supercolonies?
Ensign
# 6
09-30-2012, 05:07 AM
Yes, we reveal answer for your question about BRUTAS race.. in our RACE Video update.. And you already named it

And yes, there will be options that small and defeated empires will join others - you won't need to chase last scout ship to win a game

If you have other questions - feel free to ask
Rihannsu
# 7
09-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortwort View Post
I like kickstarters!
Just make sure you keep MoO2 in mind and not the blasphemous thing that followed.
Good luck.
MoO3 was not blasphemy. It was half-baked.

Some aspects of it were good, most were at best meh.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 8
10-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Hello,

You can check our newest video. It's game footage from our battle space module.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62JgKiJMm-U
Ensign
# 9
10-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Hello,

It's our final hour on kickstarter... and last chance to join us and get this game with special kickstarter spaceship elements.
At now we have over 3100 backers with almost $82.000 already pledged!

You can see our newest update here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmmWsfud7NU

You can support us and find more info here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-strategy-game

Best Regards,
IdeaLcenter
Career Officer
# 10
10-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Grats on reaching your goal, guys!
I miss my _.