Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 141
11-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
The thing is I (like others) have noticed that power is now drained more by firing weapons, be this by design or otherwise
Then now is a grand time to work off Big Bears old example and rerun the tests after two years and see if beams have beam nerfed or not in damage over range.

Test and see if the numbers hold of 100% damage at 1km and 65% damage 10km for a single mk10 white weapon.
If its lower then yes beams have been ninja'ed and need to be fixed.

When the ques allow, I'll gladly leave my Peg and jump in a Battlecruiser and be target.

Invite your friends, seriuosly. We can get a TS or vent or skype channel going and have a good time while testing.

I would like to Know now without a doubt. See it with my own eyes you may say.
Last time I did any test was months ago following BBs example of shooting non-moving destructible PvE targets.
I figure of km in PvE is the same as in PvP.*

adendum: I actually suddenly like this idea so much I think I may run it past Korrath and see if he likes the idea of doing a cross test with Priority One , so no one can call foul on the data, nd put these and others long standing gripes to rest so they can be addressed if needed.
I will gladly invite you and others known on the forums for thier knowledge of game mechanics if they take up the idea.
If not I'm still open for the testing on my own.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-30-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: * One prays the status does not change between the two. :P
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,048
# 142
11-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I'll test with you, throw me a friend request in-game
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 143
11-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Same, shoot me one too, char handle is same as forum. I always will take a chance to shoot at adam =P
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,048
# 144
11-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I always will take a chance to shoot at adam =P
You haven't met the USS Ninja yet... that needs to happen soon
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 145
11-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Have you ever driven an Excelsior? It is far from a "snoozer". It can keep up with Klingon cruisers maneuverability and give up a little to KDF Cruisers without the use of DC/DHC, but they can make good use of DBB, Torps (especially if you bought a Regent and too its torp') and Single cannons, especially if you use turrets in the aft and are an engie that makes use of their innate energy boosting abilities.
The Excel was actually my first ship and while I'm not going to pretend to be some kind of authority, I do think that few have flown her as often as I have or know her as well as I do, lol.

You're completely right, of course, but the cannoncelsior works basically because of its god-like (for Fed snoozers) turn and its positively sublime inertia (this is the ship function that determines how fast you can accelerate and decelerate). This is why I'm all ears when people ask for reasonable QoL buffs, like an across-the-board snoozer turn rate buff for the Feds.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 146
11-30-2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Incorrect, with a dedicated healer the escort is a stronger tank because they can both hit resistance caps, get the same numeric amount of healing, but the escort avoids more raw damage and can better position themselves.
If you'd like to explain how a dedicated healer and an escort can "get the same numeric amount of healing" as a healer and a snoozer, I'm all ears. (Not kidding)

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 346
# 147
11-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
can you honestly tell me you can't solo a cube with an escort
Of course i can. I can also do it in a Cruiser or SV. While taking less risk.

Actually, in the Cruiser, I can attract the Cube's attention and then fire at a priority target (say KASE Probes) before going back to the Cube; can't do that with an Escort.
That's because an Escort isn't a tank, a Cruiser is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36
Though I wonder, where the hell did you get the idea that a cruiser can manage ~60-75% of an escorts damage output from? Because as far as I could tell this thread was about Federation cruisers, not Klingon Battle cruisers.
Parses, mostly in ISE (because everyone is always in parse range, unlike KASE and CSE):
Usual (good) Escort DPS: ~6k
Usual (good) Cruiser DPS: ~3.5k-~4.5k
That's 60%-75%. Of course, the average "7 injuries rainbodyssey" won't do reach those numbers; but that's hardly a failing of the Ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36
Oh yes, and personal attacks do such a good job of making people see your point.
Denouncing straw men!=personal attacks.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,343
# 148
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
When I said the game was penalizing you for using beams instead of cannons I was including single cannons and turrets in that argument as well. So congratulations, you completely missed the point! Have a cookie.
First off, no need to be snarky and rude. Werent you the one who said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
Oh yes, and personal attacks do such a good job of making people see your point.
second I took your point and looked at it from a different solution angle than what you wanted to hear. Third, if its a toffee cookie, thank you.

I was actually answering to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
This is the real reason cruisers are underpowered, they can't use dual cannons to make up for the fact that they only have one tactical slot that can be used to upgrade cannon attacks. Science ships make up for it with their ability strip shields and/or bypass them without the use of weapons.
I was referring to your statement about cruisers not being able to use DHC/DC. As far as not enough tactical BOFF abilities, both the Excel' and the Regent can make use of TWO upgraded cannon attacks and the Odyssey can have even more if it makes its LT. CMDR. BOFF a Tac'.

A little improvement in single cannons, tied in with use of turrets would be a very viable solution for cruisers. Also, DBB/Torp/Turret combos for cruisers can work very well too, they also manage energy consumption better than the 8 beam broadside.

Also, to put another fly in the ointment, Neb's can have two cannon Boff abilities in addition to its normal shield stripping/bypassing abilities.

Last edited by whamhammer1; 11-30-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,343
# 149
11-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
The Excel was actually my first ship and while I'm not going to pretend to be some kind of authority, I do think that few have flown her as often as I have or know her as well as I do, lol.

You're completely right, of course, but the cannoncelsior works basically because of its god-like (for Fed snoozers) turn and its positively sublime inertia (this is the ship function that determines how fast you can accelerate and decelerate). This is why I'm all ears when people ask for reasonable QoL buffs, like an across-the-board snoozer turn rate buff for the Feds.

The Excel' is one of the best ships in the game, if you don't mind driving it like you stole it. I seemed to have been tethered to my Excel's captain chair and cant spend too much STO time away from it before I get snapped in it again

With an optimal arc of 180', even the Regent/Sovy' and Gal' R can use cannon/turrets to good effect, especially with the new 180' torp from the Regent. The Excel (and Gal R in stardrive mode) just make even better use of it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,708
# 150
11-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmytee View Post
Food for thought, Lower escort shield modifiers perhaps. Lower beam energy drain just a tad. Maybe just these two lil changes would be enough...
/facepalm.

Escorts aren't glass cannons and cruisers aren't toothless bricks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 PM.