Captain
# 571
01-12-2013, 06:10 AM
I have to wonder if the simplest solution should be to just give Federation cruisers a 50% resistance to power drains....
Empire Veteran
# 572
01-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Sorry I took so long to answer your post but I just got home. Basically what you said was correct, and I would have told you that for damage only, the 125 is a hard cap. But that overclocking on weapon power was mostly to reduce weapon energy drain. Because it doesn't matter how much higher your weapon power is over 125 for damage, but if you have it overclocked, it applies to weapon energy drain.
Hence a higher damage range because power is down less.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 573
01-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
I have to wonder if the simplest solution should be to just give Federation cruisers a 50% resistance to power drains....
Why just fed Cruisers? Why just them?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 574
01-12-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Why just fed Cruisers? Why just them?
Because KDF cruisers have more agility, cloaking devices, and DHCs. They're fine the way the way they are.

(as a KDF engineer who's has extensive bridge time on the Negh'var and Vor'cha)
Captain
# 575
01-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Then everything else is irrelevant.

Nadion Inversion completely negates power drains. You could have an effective power level of 125 or 6 billion and it wouldn't make any difference.
Not true, with EPtW1, NI, FAW2 and AP:B2 in place I still get down to 120

Quote:
A tactic I often use to get better uptime on the engi captain abilities is to stagger my activations. I know it's common practice to hit EPS and NI, but I stagger the two. I hit EPS first, and when that's about to run out, I hit NI. Then I hit EPS again shortly thereafter. And two minutes later, I rinse and repeat. It's actually much more effective than the usual 3 minute cycles.
I have a similar tactic using the DEM doff, I run up FAW2/BO2 (Dependent upon my number of targets/my game plan upon entering a zone) with AP:B2, EPS and then DEM, wait for the cds on FAW/BO and AP:B and then use NI to support them, then I run them without a power buff allowing my next attack to be EPS and DEM (doff) backed
Career Officer
# 576
01-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Because KDF cruisers have more agility, cloaking devices, and DHCs. They're fine the way the way they are.

(as a KDF engineer who's has extensive bridge time on the Negh'var and Vor'cha)
I think an easier solution would be to revamp the Galaxy-X into something like a KDF battle cruiser and see how things go. Failing that add +1 or +2 turning to all fed cruisers. I found turning to be one of the single biggest game changers when I flew my free Ody.
Captain
# 577
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
You sure it's just 150? I have had full 7 beam salvos (-70 to WP) that only drop my weapons power to 90. And that is without hitting an EPtW in the middle of a salvo (something else I do to kick up damage randomly). I am sure it's at least 160.
1 beam alone doesnt drain power. So you get one without a drain, but the 6 others drain power. Thats why -60 and not -70
Captain
# 578
01-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I think an easier solution would be to revamp the Galaxy-X into something like a KDF battle cruiser and see how things go.

I think somebody owns a Galaxy-X and wishes they didn't. >_>
Career Officer
# 579
01-12-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
I think somebody owns a Galaxy-X and wishes they didn't. >_>
As it turns out its a ship I WISH I wanted to own... but well, its too much like the regular ultra space whale Galaxy. I already have a free Ody when I feel like smashing my head against a wall.
Captain
# 580
01-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
As it turns out its a ship I WISH I wanted to own... but well, its too much like the regular ultra space whale Galaxy. I already have a free Ody when I feel like smashing my head against a wall.
Amusingly enough the Gal-X is one of the few cruisers I don't feel gimped flying. In PvE atleast. I flew a Kitty carrier and a Vo'Quv(?) at the time on other toons though so I thought it was quite agile.

Just give me a fleet version of it with the fleet vor'cha boff layout and then I'll finally have a whale that can keep up. Good solution.