Lt. Commander
# 131
11-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxian2012 View Post
Well Brandon? Zero? You guys were quick to respond when asked questions in yesterdays thread, today nothing?

Let me answer for you guys:

"We here @ Cryptic now have a large enough cash cow we no longer care about what our consumers think. There is no longer a reason to make Dilithium easy to get because if you want it from here on out, by god you will pay zen to get it or you won't have it.

Or you can spend 6 hours to reach your 8,000 cap (at which time we'll nerf it again to make it 12 hours to get it)."

/shakeshead
Cryptic is run by morons that don't give a damn about their players. 'We listen to our player's feedback' is pure BS. I hope this company dies and the Star Trek IP given to a company that cares.
Empire Veteran
# 132
11-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage2 View Post
Cryptic is run by morons that don't give a damn about their players. 'We listen to our player's feedback' is pure BS. I hope this company dies and the Star Trek IP given to a company that cares.
Why don't you read levi's post before yours...

Some decisions are questionable; mostly as a matter of opinion, but still. But if they truly didn't care, they wouldn't be interacting with us at all
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'. I have nothing against the game/devs, nor any particular wish to talk bad about either, or praise most decisions. Still, it's better to be positive than cynical.
Survivor of Romulus
# 133
11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Everyone calm down you can still buy dilth with Zen - just take out the credit card - it's not that hard. What's the big deal?
no big deal huh ok then I'll take 5,000 zen a month from you like you said no big deal
Captain
# 134
11-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
no big deal huh ok then I'll take 5,000 zen a month from you like you said no big deal
That was ment to be a joke
Career Officer
# 135
11-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm guessing the biggest reason we dont get responses on this today is that its a weekend and they are at home trying to relax. Nothing more to it than that.
Captain
# 136
11-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
I'm guessing the biggest reason we dont get responses on this today is that its a weekend and they are at home trying to relax. Nothing more to it than that.
Hmm - NO.

There is nothing to comment on. The change has been made. It has been announced. Its a done deal. Weekend or weekday - what's the difference? Zero posted the notice at 9pm last night - no need to comment. It's a change and we just have to deal with it - so don't expect any comment.
Starfleet Veteran
# 137
11-10-2012, 06:06 PM
So a lot of posters here are upset about the removal of the Dilithium from the B'tran cluster. I cant say that it's totally unjustified, especially when we're seeing that the KDF apparently make Dilithium hand over fist from doing just about anything, compounded with the fact that we're not seeing or even hearing about many more ways to earn Dilithium in place of the reduced or removed methods (although to be fair, most people complaining about the reduced STF Dilithium fail to either recognize or mention that Fleet Actions are where the big Dilithium earning is going to happen now).

I hopped into Champions Online the other night. I don't play it very often, but as another F2P title from Cryptic, it's good to hop in every once in a while to get a change of scenery. One of the things I noticed is that in their hourly event filmstrip, they have an event hour scheduled for bonus Questionite (Questionite being CO's equivalent to Dilithium). In the description, it says that any kills you make on NPCs have a chance to reward Questionite in addition to regular rewards. I'm not sure what this chance is on regular play, but during that time I was playing a Comic Adventure Series (I guess that's about like our Featured Episode Series) and EVERY mob I killed was giving me 5 Questionite. Maybe they have a similar Dilithium bonus hour in the works for STO in the future? Maybe they can call it the "Dilithium Murder Everything in Sight Hour"

EDIT: Or maybe call it the "Landru Hour", where everyone goes crazy and just starts massacring every killable NPC in sight for an hour to get their hands on that sweet, sweet Dilithium.

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 11-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Rihannsu
# 138
11-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
So a lot of posters here are upset about the removal of the Dilithium from the B'tran cluster. I cant say that it's totally unjustified, especially when we're seeing that the KDF apparently make Dilithium hand over fist from doing just about anything, compounded with the fact that we're not seeing or even hearing about many more ways to earn Dilithium in place of the reduced or removed methods (although to be fair, most people complaining about the reduced STF Dilithium fail to either recognize or mention that Fleet Actions are where the big Dilithium earning is going to happen now).

I hopped into Champions Online the other night. I don't play it very often, but as another F2P title from Cryptic, it's good to hop in every once in a while to get a change of scenery. One of the things I noticed is that in their hourly event filmstrip, they have an event hour scheduled for bonus Questionite (Questionite being CO's equivalent to Dilithium). In the description, it says that any kills you make on NPCs have a chance to reward Questionite in addition to regular rewards. I'm not sure what this chance is on regular play, but during that time I was playing a Comic Adventure Series (I guess that's about like our Featured Episode Series) and EVERY mob I killed was giving me 5 Questionite. Maybe they have a similar Dilithium bonus hour in the works for STO in the future? Maybe they can call it the "Dilithium Murder Everything in Sight Hour"
that sounds pretty cool.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 139
11-10-2012, 06:11 PM
At this rate, the next update will be to give everyone a papercut and then pour lemonjuice on it.
Captain
# 140
11-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Lots of ways to get more contraband on the Kdf side

Lots of ways to get more dilithium on the Kdf side

Our Klingon fleet has not 1 new member from our
Maxed out fed fleet to our 35 man Kdf fleet

A hollow log is still a hollow log no matter what
The trimmings look like.

Cryptic still does not understand the difference between
A mmo player and a star trek fan it seems
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci