Lots of ways to get more contraband on the Kdf side

Lots of ways to get more dilithium on the Kdf side

Our Klingon fleet has not 1 new member from our
Maxed out fed fleet to our 35 man Kdf fleet

A hollow log is still a hollow log no matter what
The trimmings look like.

Cryptic still does not understand the difference between
A mmo player and a star trek fan it seems
Honestly I do not think Cryptic understands either, let alone any difference.
Career Officer
# 142
11-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.15

General:
  • Updated the Embassy System:
    • Updated the description of the Diplomacy Tier 2 Unlock.
    • The Inter-Fleet Shuttle project now properly unlocks at Tier 2 Embassy.
    • All Embassy Tier Unlocks have had their descriptions updated.
  • Romulan Reputation Ability Points now have an icon.
  • Corrected a typo in Romulan Plasma Torpedo project.
  • Removed references to "Adapted Omega" from the Omega system Tier 5 Tier-Up Unlock description.
    • There is no Adapted Omega, only MACO and Honor Guard.
  • Resolved an issue that caused all Foundry missions to display as unqualified for the Investigate Officer Reports daily mission.
  • Added menu options to access your ship and shuttle interiors individually.
  • The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
  • All Embassy and Reputation item rewards should now be Bind on Pickup, with a few, very rare exceptions.
  • The Epohh research Duty Officer mission now correctly rewards 3 Epohh research on critical success.
  • Existing Reman datalogs have been converted into Romulan Marks.
    • The conversion rate is 5 marks to 1 datalog.

Did you notice where this was placed? Reminds me of when I needed to feed my dog and I sandwiched a pill between 2 hamburger patties.
Commander
# 143
11-10-2012, 07:06 PM
I have to wonder if they looked at the stats and decided that people had too much dilithum recently. Overlooking the fact that everyone is running STFs like crazy trying to get their mk12 before s7 and have a huge amount of ore as a result.
Rihannsu
# 144
11-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.[/list][/list]

Cryptic This is a mistake Please for the love of Kahless, put the the Dilithium reward back in the game. Remember Perfect Fail's Chinese Grind fest model doesn't work or apply to your western customers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Captain
# 145
11-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxian2012 View Post
Well Brandon? Zero? You guys were quick to respond when asked questions in yesterdays thread, today nothing?

Let me answer for you guys:

"We here @ Cryptic now have a large enough cash cow we no longer care about what our consumers think. There is no longer a reason to make Dilithium easy to get because if you want it from here on out, by god you will pay zen to get it or you won't have it.

Or you can spend 6 hours to reach your 8,000 cap (at which time we'll nerf it again to make it 12 hours to get it)."

/shakeshead
^^THIS

/10char
Career Officer
# 146
11-10-2012, 09:35 PM
You can still do the Strange New Worlds daily in B'tran. I would assume that's the reason they removed the B'tran daily, so that you couldn't do both at the same time.
Ensign
# 147
11-11-2012, 12:12 AM
What do you want? This F2P game. You pay if you need anything.
Lieutenant
# 148
11-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Wow 15 pages about people raging over 1 change. Cryptic really is going on a negative change streak and the timing coudn't be worse with the SWTOR F2P coming.
I hope we get at least an explanation to why this change is made.
Career Officer
# 149
11-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallagis View Post
What do you want? This F2P game. You pay if you need anything.
I do all the time but Dil i use for other items for my toons.
Starfleet Veteran
# 150
11-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
So a lot of posters here are upset about the removal of the Dilithium from the B'tran cluster. I cant say that it's totally unjustified, especially when we're seeing that the KDF apparently make Dilithium hand over fist from doing just about anything, compounded with the fact that we're not seeing or even hearing about many more ways to earn Dilithium in place of the reduced or removed methods (although to be fair, most people complaining about the reduced STF Dilithium fail to either recognize or mention that Fleet Actions are where the big Dilithium earning is going to happen now).

I hopped into Champions Online the other night. I don't play it very often, but as another F2P title from Cryptic, it's good to hop in every once in a while to get a change of scenery. One of the things I noticed is that in their hourly event filmstrip, they have an event hour scheduled for bonus Questionite (Questionite being CO's equivalent to Dilithium). In the description, it says that any kills you make on NPCs have a chance to reward Questionite in addition to regular rewards. I'm not sure what this chance is on regular play, but during that time I was playing a Comic Adventure Series (I guess that's about like our Featured Episode Series) and EVERY mob I killed was giving me 5 Questionite. Maybe they have a similar Dilithium bonus hour in the works for STO in the future? Maybe they can call it the "Dilithium Murder Everything in Sight Hour"

EDIT: Or maybe call it the "Landru Hour", where everyone goes crazy and just starts massacring every killable NPC in sight for an hour to get their hands on that sweet, sweet Dilithium.
Another thing I've noticed about the way CO handles Questionite Ore is that it often comes in its own separate box as a loot drop pickup at the end of the mission, not in the mission rewards itself. Neverwinter and STO's Foundry Spotlight rewards are supposed to handle their new end-of-mission rewards similarly, where there will be some sort of special loot drop or chest at the end with loot determined by the content of the mission. Could Dilithium be going into a similar system?

Raptr profile