Empire Veteran
# 61
11-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.

I have no words for this.
Empire Veteran
# 62
11-10-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
What I said in my main thread in STO Discussion:
Its rough but I don't think Cryptic or PWE understand the mitigating factors behind their decisions with things like nerfing fed dilithium intake and not developing the KDF at all for this year.

First things first the KDF are the primary generators of dilithium and then the loss of how the foundry daily works, and the btran going away is virtually going to cripple the federation influx of dilithium to this economy of dilithium exchange. The impass is going to be as the more heavily KDF invested KDF lose interest in dilithium marauding farming and pi canis farming because of nothing to spend it on for their faction and the fact the federation is virtually being cut down to nothing with this dilithium change. Its going to be a critical tanking of the dilithium economy.

The upside is you will get more dilithium for your zen or c points. But the hard line is that you will basically be fighting the low supply of it coming from players. Its all about supply and demand... Klingons make supply but if they have no demand to exchange for zen with nothing coming in that dies. Feds getting their low supply cut even more that kills it too so its going to force more people to pay real money but its really only going to hurt the federation side mostly because the KDF are sick of this and will go elsewhere if nothing new is going on for them

Anyways thats my take on nerfing without thinking.
Career Officer
# 63
11-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
[*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
Seriously??

Does anyone in cryptic really play the game?? I mean sure, you program it, test it, tweak it, program some more, make changes, test it out.. then release it. But do you really play the game from our (the people who pay your damn paycheck) point of view that when you make changes like this--you know it's going to piss a lot of people off.
Then again, I'm almost guessing that you purposely make changes to see how many people do get pissed off because you have a betting pool going. This week Dstahl wins--only 43 people got pissed at that change....

Empire Veteran
# 64
11-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Eh, double 1440 rewards was a little unfair, I thought I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I suspected this might come. Now it has

And while the forums have claimed the game would die because of one reason or another, the game has proven them wrong since the beginning. So I simply think the game will get to Season 8's release, and probably beyond

Hell knows I'll be here, as none of the other MMO's interest me, F2P or otherwise

And before anyone suspects otherwise, this is a serious statement.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 65
11-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Wow. Lifelong Star Trek fan that I am. I was very enthused about STO when I started playing it. It was fun and exciting and enjoyable. Gave some serious thought to purchasing a subscription around Christmas time. I am now very glad I have not yet done so. I cannot afford to spend the hours it will take to achieve even the most basic gear. Nor with the way said gear has been nerfed to destruction, do I think STO is worth spending Real Money on any longer.

Not mad. Not foaming at the mouth and raving. "Disappointed - again", sums up precisely how I feel. Pretty safe guess I am not the only one. There are other far less exasperating ways to get get my Star Trek fix. If you guys wanted me to use those instead of STO you could have simply asked.
Lieutenant
# 66
11-10-2012, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
If memory serves... at least for the exchange mission I saw.. 5 Borg Neurals + 1d 16h for 1000 Dilithium... For those of us who could trade in the Tech, Salvage, and EDC... thats a huge hit... I wouldn't look there for a dilithium replacement.

I could be wrong... but thats what I have seen... maybe someone who has unlocked a higher level has more insight.
the Mission only takes 15 Seconds and is used in the Upgrade slot.
Rihannsu
# 67
11-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Why not make dilithium a true time based currency and make nearly all missions give a reward, even if its range from 50-250 dilithium?

Right now you could spend an hour on new romulus, half an hour in the new sector block, two hours playing FE, and another hour on events and not earn any dilithium. that's not a time based currency then. to get it people are forced to do that deferi daily or fleet action they have done a hundred times. how is that in any way enjoyable, when there is new stuff to play?

if every mission had a tiny amount, then if you played for 4 or 5 hours you would earn a decent chunk between 3-4 thousand by doing what you want to do, no matter what it is. its a drop in the ocean, and you still have the cap but it does not force people to play the same dailies and missions over and over again, and it wont make the nerfs so hard to take as the overall number of missions that reward it is increased.

the fleet actions got dilithium added, thats a good start but they are still old missions. if new missions dont get dilithium added as well then it forcing people to play old stuff they might not want to do. that makes people bored and irritated and thats when they think about not bothering to play.

EDIT - Tor is right round the corner and while i think their F2P model is rather poor, they are going to attract a shed load of people, some from this game. many however will get bored and what STO should be doing is making itself attractive to players and showing how a good F2P system works and tempting potential disillusioned players back here. Annoying everybody right now is the last thing you want to do. it just makes no sense to me.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 11-10-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 68
11-10-2012, 02:39 AM
So almost no dilitium and everything will cost dilitium, just change the Dilitium the Starbase & Ambasady need to $. We all know Cryptic have a terror-cel, how to piss-off the player-base.
I hope the other MMO's look to you and learn how not to do it.
Cryptic is fueld by Tears ower tears and they are happy
Empire Veteran
# 69
11-10-2012, 02:41 AM
This is just me talking on equality but ummm I think diplomacy should have its own unique way of dilithium like the marauding does but not turning in contraband something more federation. The marauding is nice it fits along the lines or TOS Klingons, orions, nausicaans, gorn, and letheans. Although It would be funny seeing how they could take the story line of all those pirate type races and have them rejoin in alliance with the federation since they kinda stand for the very thing the federation is against LOL and brings me to questions on this season 7 is based upon as well.

I'm just having a hard time finding a way to sink this in from what I know from the series to what they are trying to do to turn a buck. If it were up to many of these KDF races the romulans would be in a shock collar and sold to the highest bidder.

As for the dilithium I think the feds should have something like negotiation contracts, mediation, and first contacts for getting dilithium like marauding does for KDF. Then all the que able missions and projects for reputation systems that give dilithium from turning in those marks when at some point they will just pile up anyways. Then on top of that to start releasing some more KDF stuff. Theres no point in heavily invested KDF players to be using dilithium for fed stuff that isnt the faction they are invested in... I have some fed toons but i rarely ever play them the fed side just doesn't feel federation to me and was hoping Cryptic would take advantage of having the most unique game where KDF could be played heavily if someone wanted too.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 11-10-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Career Officer
# 70
11-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Quote:
[*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.[/list][/list]

You guys are making Season more and more attractive don't you. Seriously, the recent actions taken for Dilithium requisition ingame speak loud and clear...
Ruining gameplay by shifting it to just grind may work for the eastern market PWE seems keen about, but perhaps someone should say that this is not the case for the western market. I don't want to be biased or sth. like that, but that is what you are doing here.

I don't like that move. Just a honest feedback from a long time player. I hope you value it at least a little bit.