Career Officer
# 71
11-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Everyone calm down you can still buy dilth with Zen - just take out the credit card - it's not that hard. What's the big deal?
yes... as long as there are people willing to part with their dilithium, with Season 7 there will be less.

with all these nerfs you can expect to pay a lot more Zen or $ for less dilithium because the Dilithium Exchange numbers will RISE again.

and B'Tran REALLY?
People still play in that old crappy repetitive genesis-map shuffle box?

anyway Cryptic really puts the hammer down on dilithium production this season...
and yet gives us no other ways to earn it!

i think, there has not been 1 thing left from my daily routine that did not get nerfed in Season 6 and 7,
only the Lore Quest daily for 480 remains untouched.

but what do i care... it's not like there would be anything in the C-Store that would be worth buying anymore since all this LockBox nonsense has started.
Commander
# 72
11-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
i think, there has not been 1 thing left from my daily routine that did not get nerfed in Season 6 and 7, only the Lore Quest daily for 480 remains untouched.
Yeah my daily routine is gone, come tuesday. Which leaves me with a lot of options on what new daily routine I want to do! I have so many options, from a long list of games on Steam to competitor MMOs.

In a way I'm thankful that Season 7 is such a trainwreck of bad design and is so aggressively antagonistic toward the playerbase.

P.S. I'm sure Cryptic will get around to removing that lore daily too.
Rihannsu
# 73
11-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
That's just low. Completely unnecessary and in fact ridiculous in the face of upcoming dilithium grinds that Season 7 is already introducing.

When are you going to charge us dilithium as a fuel for our ships, huh?
Career Officer
# 74
11-10-2012, 04:15 AM
I simply have nothing left to say that doesn't include a vast array of swear words regarding you, cryptic.......
Captain
# 75
11-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.15

General:
  • The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
Okay, now your just pissing me off...

Despite the MASSIVE negative feedback in regards to the "DOff Grinder" at the Academy's (Convert 5 lower to 1 higher DOff), despite MASSIVE criticism regarding making Dilithium harder to come by. You go ahead and nerf it just that little bit more.

NEWS FLASH! Making Dilithium harder to come by, won't make players want to play MORE. In fact, players will play LESS, to the point of QUITTING.

Oh... and no word as to if you intend on reducing the Dilithium cost at the "DOff Grinder" to Pre-S7 levels. I asked Dstahl this ingame, and he referred to "the team knows what they are doing". REALLY?!?? Stupid f--ks is all I can add. Sorry, STO will be dead to me in S7.
Survivor of Romulus
# 76
11-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
That's just low. Completely unnecessary and in fact ridiculous in the face of upcoming dilithium grinds that Season 7 is already introducing.

When are you going to charge us dilithium as a fuel for our ships, huh?
One should note though that the KDF equivalent never had a dillithium rewards in the first place. So at least that evens out.
Klingon Helmsman: "Captain, we`re approaching our targets !"

Klingon Captain: "I said Quiet, you idiot ! Now you broke our cloak !"
Rihannsu
# 77
11-10-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
One should note though that the KDF equivalent never had a dillithium rewards in the first place. So at least that evens out.
On the other hand, KDF have their sorties. That is... until Cryptic eventually decides to nerf their rewards as well...

You know, part of me understands why Cryptic decided to remove this reward. The point is, the dilithium nerf is becoming a motif for Season 7 and despite all the negative feedback they're pushing this further and further. Right now it's only a matter of time before they decide to remove dilithium from Deferi and Eta Eridani dailies as well - probably with the introduction of Defera and Cardassian reputation, so they'll reward marks instead. There are less and less ways to obtain dilithium and many of them are simply not worth the time and effort, because of how low the rewards are. The only reason I played B'Tran from time to time was because it combined two missions. Now, though, I won't ever want to do this as it's way too tedious for mere 1440 dilithium.

Last edited by suaveks; 11-10-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 78
11-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Everyone calm down you can still buy dilth with Zen - just take out the credit card - it's not that hard. What's the big deal?
Ummm ...That rate will be sky rocketing soon as the exchange rate will change drastically to benefit Cryptic. ... Imagine 100 or less dilithium per zen point.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Empire Veteran
# 79
11-10-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
On the other hand, KDF have their sorties. That is... until Cryptic eventually decides to nerf their rewards as well...

You know, part of me understands why Cryptic decided to remove this reward. The point is, the dilithium nerf is becoming a motif for Season 7 and despite all the negative feedback they're pushing this further and further. Right now it's only a matter of time before they decide to remove dilithium from Deferi and Eta Eridani dailies as well - probably with the introduction of Defera and Cardassian reputation, so they'll reward marks instead. There are less and less ways to obtain dilithium and many of them are simply not worth the time and effort, because of how low the rewards are. The only reason I played B'Tran from time to time was because it combined two missions. Now, though, I won't ever want to do this as it's way too tedious for mere 1440 dilithium.
It's coming .... Mark my words ... KDF sorties are next on the list. Bet you latnium.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Survivor of Romulus
# 80
11-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Well Brandon? Zero? You guys were quick to respond when asked questions in yesterdays thread, today nothing?

Let me answer for you guys:

"We here @ Cryptic now have a large enough cash cow we no longer care about what our consumers think. There is no longer a reason to make Dilithium easy to get because if you want it from here on out, by god you will pay zen to get it or you won't have it.

Or you can spend 6 hours to reach your 8,000 cap (at which time we'll nerf it again to make it 12 hours to get it)."

/shakeshead