Career Officer
# 81
11-10-2012, 05:39 AM
After the exploration missions came up, to their surprise, in the poll they made a few weeks ago I wondered how long it would take for them to nerf the double dilithium reward. Not so long it seems, and no improvements on these missions while we are at it...
The moral of the story? If you like something in this game, don't bring their attention to it.
Rihannsu
# 82
11-10-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
It's coming .... Mark my words ... KDF sorties are next on the list. Bet you latnium.
I think there are a couple of missions that are going to be removed (completely) sooner than that. Intentionally I won't call them by name in hopes Cryptic forgets about them for now.
Career Officer
# 83
11-10-2012, 06:22 AM
  • DOFF Grinder costs more dilithium
  • General Recruitment costs 1000 Dilithium
  • B'Tran Daily now gives NO dilithium
  • STF Dilithium decreased
  • Foundry Daily no longer allows for the use of push button/get bacon missions (okay, okay, this one was overdue)
  • Reputation System consumes Dilithium
  • Possibly some more stuff I missed.

Anyone else starting to feel like Cryptic is either a) fearful that people have huge amounts of dilithium stockpiled, b) trying to push us more towards using the zen->dilithium exchange, or c) engaging in a war against those of us that only have an hour or so to play per day?

The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
PS: My show is actually at 0300 GMT these days. I really need to dig up the PSD for that signature and redo it.
Career Officer
# 84
11-10-2012, 06:37 AM
I liked the game. I mean really like the game. I have 9 toons and never had problems with support, even though I live outside the USA side of the world, in Australia.

But if you make people mad people stop playing. I really am looking forward to new romulus but losing Dil means i get very little for my time and effort and that sucks. I but really money into the game every fortnight. 50 bucks, But i use Dil for nother stuff but right now its hard to get it come season 7. Why should i pay you anymore, if I am unhappy with the cost of things? I play 12 to 18 hours a day and i find it hard now... BEFORE you can the changes!
Empire Veteran
# 85
11-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djconcentus View Post
  • General Recruitment costs 1000 Dilithium
I missed this one ... Where is it announced and what are the details of it?

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 86
11-10-2012, 07:12 AM
DOff Grinder:

Common: 500 Dilithium
Uncommon: 2500 Dilithium
Rare: 5000 Dilithium

Recruitment:

General Recruitment: 1000 Dilithium

None of the "Species specific" recruiters require Dilithium, nor do the specific department recruitment assignments. But I suppose it won't be long until they "dilithium tax" those as well.
Rihannsu
# 87
11-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
I missed this one ... Where is it announced and what are the details of it?
It wasn't announced. Players found it by accident after the first tribble update.

I wonder how many people will complain that they're losing dilithium once this goes live. If they'll start the assignment automatically, like they always do, without checking the new requirements, then they're going to be a bit surprised...

But seriously, aside from introducing dilithium to several fleet actions, and that one silly 480 dil tholian daily, are there any new ways to obtain this currency from Season 7 content? Because right now I can only see reduction in rewards and means to obtain it, and significant increase in costs and projects that require it (embassies, reputation).
Captain
# 88
11-10-2012, 07:16 AM
I taxed my brains to its (arguable not too big) limits, but I can not find ANY good reason to cut the B'tran dilithium reward.

It was not an exploit, it was just like any other daily mission!

Just why?

I can understand the Foundry daily, but this one has no excuse other then the C points.. wait, Z points store forcing.

I can even get the lessened D reward for the STFs with the new rep system, but this one is just needless and groundless.

Bad Cryptic. Even someone as paranoid as I did not expect such a low blow.
Career Officer
# 89
11-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan View Post
Why don't you just get rid of Dilithium altogether from playing the game, so we have to pay to do anything? It's what you guys really want, right?
Well one more mission not to play.How is this improving anything?
Republic Veteran
# 90
11-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
[*]The Dilithium reward has been removed from the Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral - Daily, mission.
Not cool Cryptic, not cool. I understand the changes to the foundry missions, I get that. But what's the point of even HAVING Chart the B'Tran Cluster, Vice Admiral if it it's not gonna give dilithium? It's bad enough it takes 24 hours to reset unlike most all the other dailies (except for Explore Strange New Worlds which also takes 24 hours), but for it to now not give dilithium, what's the point of it?