Captain
Just finishing some storyline missions on my lowest alternate character I am experiencing what the latest patch gave us:

MASSIVE load times on EVERY ground map. Even INSIDE the same mission. Took several minutes for about half of them. Even those that didn't take so long took longer than they used to. I have a pretty nice computer and before S6 screwed up ESD and DS9 so horribly, no map, no matter which one, took more than 10 seconds to load, ever.

Now I'm trying to do Of Bajor and every time I load the holodeck, come back to bajor, load holodeck second time, beam back to bajor again, it is taking FOREVER.

FOR EVER.

Let's put it this way, I'm trying to leave the holodeck to report in and it's been "loading bajor: hathon" for 10 minutes straight now.

Seriously, STOP RELEASING "SEASONS" OF CRAP IF YOU CAN'T FIX THE GAME BREAKING BUGS YOU INTRODUCED LAST PATCH!

Devote your time to NOTHING but fixing bugs and this game would be worth subscribing to, believe it or not. Instead, we get something so broken it hangs every time you change the map. And it's not only ground. Entering sector space when it's part of a mission is taking much longer, too.

EDIT: P.S. In all the time I typed this up it hasn't moved from 95.86% progress. It's still frozen on load, but animating the idiotic help tips at the bottom.
Captain
# 2
11-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Ooh, it's moved to 95.90% now!! Only 10 more hours to go to finish a mission that's godawful in the first place.
Captain
# 3
11-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Wow! I'm at 96.01%!!! Still.
Captain
# 4
11-09-2012, 12:17 AM
I had similar issues when I was going from map to map it used to afreeze and red letters saying server not responding took about 10-15 minutes going from map to map which is one of the reasons i have taken a break from playing may not come back till season 8
Captain
# 5
11-09-2012, 12:17 AM
96.05%!!!! WOW!

I'm going to keep doing this in real time so you know HOW FUBARED UP your own load screens are. You say there's no problem and you can't replicate it, well BS.

Check the time stamps on these forum posts for proof.
Captain
# 6
11-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
I had similar issues when I was going from map to map it used to afreeze and red letters saying server not responding took about 10-15 minutes going from map to map which is one of the reasons i have taken a break from playing may not come back till season 8
This isn't a connection problem. This is a fully connected, no-red-letters, contact with the server is held constantly, but the server refuses to load the map.

Repeat: this is NOT a connection problem/freeze. This is the game being so fubar it can't run its own subroutines to load a map.
Captain
# 7
11-09-2012, 12:21 AM
96.13%! Fix it cryptic. Going on 20 minutes now. I'm stuck in the middle of arguably the WORST most annoying mission you created and no way in hell I want to end-task the game in the middle of it and be forced to do it again.
Captain
# 8
11-09-2012, 12:25 AM
96.17, half an hour in counting the 10 minutes before I posted and it's so frakking late at night I can't handle this BULLPLOP anymore.

FIX YOUR CRAP CRYPTIC. You &#@! the bed and you should be forced to lay in it. Oh, wait... you don't PLAY this game. That's right.

Well, at this rate nobody else will, either.
Commander
# 9
11-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Instead of whining in the forums how about restarting your PC and your Modem? And then testing it again. If the problems persist, submit a ticket ;-)
Career Officer
# 10
11-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Main cause is on-demand patching, please go into your launcher settings and disable it.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.