Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 705
I was experimenting with some builds today in preparation for hitting T3 of the romulan rep system, and I discovered that the 2 piece bonus from the reman set doesn't affect plasma damage over time... in the slightest.

If I'm not running eject warp plasma, is there any point in speccing for this skill?

I mean, I know the skill says it boosts particle effects, like plasma... but it doesn't, so wtf does the set grant a boost to it?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 752
# 2
11-24-2012, 12:48 PM
The 2 set bonues should not boost plasma weapon damage. Particle gens have nothing to do with plasma weapons. Particle gens are only for plasma based skills and consoles.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 705
# 3
11-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottsey5g View Post
The 2 set bonues should not boost plasma weapon damage. Particle gens have nothing to do with plasma weapons. Particle gens are only for plasma based skills and consoles.
I don't mean like, the damage they deal when they hit. I mean the damage over time proc, which is a particle effect effectively identical to the eject warp plasma damage over time proc.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 4
11-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcadia View Post
I don't mean like, the damage they deal when they hit. I mean the damage over time proc, which is a particle effect effectively identical to the eject warp plasma damage over time proc.
I agree - there seems to be some confusion as to whether ot not Particle Gens buff the proc damage. Could someone (Dev/Programmer) pipe in real quick and say "yay" or "nay"? Thanks!
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 471
# 5
11-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Particle generators does NOT boost the damage from plasma's dot.

It used to. Now it doesn't. The 2 piece set bonus is just out of date and hence useless. Like so many effects/bonuses in this game.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 238
# 6
11-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Particle generators does NOT boost the damage from plasma's dot.

It used to. Now it doesn't. The 2 piece set bonus is just out of date and hence useless. Like so many effects/bonuses in this game.
This is false, a purple mk xi particle generator console adds around 40 DoT damage for ewp3 on my ewp fleet k'tinga build. (I run 3 particle gen consoles and max particle gen skills, with ApA I can deal 1042.1 dot per proc with ewp3, and crits for around 1800)

To give an idea how much that is, an ewp on the borg queen's diamond on elite takes out between 10% - 14% of its HP for each ewp3

Last edited by ankokuneko; 11-27-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
# 7
11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
some confusion going on here...some people i think are talking about the DoT proc from plasma beams/cannons, some about EWP's plasma dot.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 373
# 8
12-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Like I said in other thread:

Plasma DOT is boosted by:

Particle generators
Ambiplasma envelope console
Plasma infuser console
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 705
# 9
12-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
Like I said in other thread:

Plasma DOT is boosted by:

Particle generators
Ambiplasma envelope console
Plasma infuser console
And like I said before, plasma energy (and torpedo/mine) weapons inflect a plasma DOT which is not affected by particle generators.


Comprehendez-vouz?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 PM.