Ensign
# 1 Easy cheap way to *fix* pvp
02-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Really simple way to make PvP more accessible to new people without some kind of nerfageddon,
which ofc no one wants.

Have 2 queues, one for premades 1 for pugs, only to not confuse call em like idk, "team Arena" and "open Arena"

This way people trying it for the first time wont run into an uber premade and get spawn screwed to hell, so will then play more and maybe later on join the Team PvP queue with some friends and then get the fun of some unholy nightmare of DPS , disables or shared shield extending joy.

But as they will have had more fun pugging in the open PvP queue, will more likely wish to work on their build, so more zen sales. Which means more money for cryptic to do more vital things like add lil fluffy kitten pets to the game,(smaller than Sehlats) fancy hats, (every MMO needs lots of hats) and get rid of that horrible eye burning nightmare that is the background on solar wind.

Just getting rid of the option to queue in a team like they tried with Age of Conan will not work,(but it might actually, but I prefer the idea of 2 queues) as people will leave and rejoin if not with their buddies. Having a team queue as well should discourage that. Ofc some people may still try to do that, but, some people. Hey. They clearly need lil fluffy kitten pets to cheer them up so they feel less malice towards the world.

Last edited by obeythenagus; 02-20-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-17-2014, 07:00 PM
This is the what, 5th thread suggesting the same thing?

Not that your suggestion may possibly have some merit, but it's already been discussed to death.
PvP-ready toons: Ishmael - Betazoid Sci - Vesta - U.S.S. Yukikaze - The unsinkable destroyer - T'Scurr - Romulan Tac - Mogai - I.R.W. Archer - Countervape overwatch - Ffairl - Romulan Sci - T'Varo - R.R.W. Yuudachi - The nightmare of Solomon

Take it easy!
Ensign
# 3
02-17-2014, 07:06 PM
If its been discussed to death, why did we get a shuttle queue in the last update? but no other change? People who are against the idea I would say just want to get in 5 man `scort squads and sit there laughing on teamspeak while they dominate most pugs for easy quick dil. I doubt they would be against it due to caring how many people PvP or wanting more people in PvP, Healthy PvP population, healthy game, and as PvP is atm a lot of people try it a little, then dont come back.
Captain
# 4
02-17-2014, 07:17 PM
A lobby system could work good where you click on a PVP lobby button and you can place your team on the lobby as looking for a team to fight against or see if any are waiting for a match. Incomplete premades would be able to post their team on the lobby saying "looking for 1 sci healer" or "looking for tac burst damage" or whatnot. I think there are lots of semi premades that I see in the queues a lot if they could fill up faster this way they will look for premades to fight and the queues would see less premade vs pug. This way nobody is forced into separate queues but hopefully will help teams find matches against other teams faster.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 5
02-17-2014, 07:37 PM
there are enough pvp channels that premade groups could set up matches seperate from the pub queues as is, yet they dont do that, and still hit the public queues.

ask yourself why?

premades arent in public queues for competition, they are there to pugstomp with c-store & lobi consoles and group super-synergy.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.
Captain
# 6
02-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Dammit Zog, you will get pugstomped and you will like it.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 7
02-17-2014, 09:48 PM
A pug only queue in an MMO is nonsensical, but I'd love to have a premade only queue and a "max team size of three" queue. Let people still enter the general queue with teams larger than 3, but enact a 15% damage and hit point penalty per person over for the entire team. Give the premade only queue appropriate rewards and tie it in with the fleet system.
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Lieutenant
# 8
02-17-2014, 10:05 PM
There already is a pug queue, it's called CnH. It's basically a big free for all, just what you are looking for if you want to solo it up.

If you are looking for team vs team play, its Arena. If you try to solo in a small team environment don't be surprised if you don't do well.
Nixus
Ensign
# 9
02-18-2014, 06:02 AM
Lol I actually hate forums, but hell, lets do some replies.

Quote:
If you are looking for team vs team play, its Arena. If you try to solo in a small team environment don't be surprised if you don't do well
Am talking about bringing in new blood, which is something I often see people talk about on Opvp. And hell a lot of us prefer to pug due to the constraints of time / "get teamspeak or GTFO" ect ect. Hell sometimes a pug whups a premade. Its not about doing well or not.

Quote:
A pug only queue in an MMO is nonsensical
Well, they did it in age of conan, And it was just one queue, not my suggestion for 2 queue`s. I dont think it would work here,(just 1 queue pug only) but it was done to prevent the uber synergy crowds stomping the hell out of everyone else, and you know something, there it kind of worked, more people started joining the queue`s, ofc would get a couple of teams that would leave / rejoin to get their premade on, but you know what, after a while they stopped doing that and just started playing the game. So hell, I contradict my statement saying it will not work, but for a while you will get the dont want a competition just want to roflstomp crowd messing games up by doing that

Quote:
Dammit Zog, you will get pugstomped and you will like it.
Only if they get me cake after spawn camping. Nice cake.

Quote:
premades arent in public queues for competition, they are there to pugstomp with c-store & lobi consoles and group super-synergy.
Some are like that, some are not. Been the fith man In scort squads I been pugstomped by. They come up against a wipe, they all leave. So yeah, some are like that. but some stick it out.

Quote:
A lobby system could work good where you click on a PVP lobby button and you can place your team on the lobby as looking for a team to fight against or see if any are waiting for a match
Thats a good idea, I can also see it leading to a lot of rage. If you have ever played a healer in a game you will know what I mean. Like coming up against the assumption that because your a sci your able to follow a tac into the middle of a spitting ball of death and somehow heal them from all that critness is not so uncommon. Also If its not like warcrafts semi lobby, Idk I can see it maybe leading to people being unable to get a game? idk.
Captain
# 10
02-18-2014, 06:20 AM
I and many others wish that we had a que for players who que alone.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039