Lt. Commander
# 1 Anyway to hide the UI?
02-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Want to grab some screenshots but I dont know how to turn off the UI. Anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:13 AM
I know you can minimize the chat, but for the other stuff I just rearrange my HUD setup and move things out of the way, and then reset it after.
So I too would like to know if this can be done.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 05:51 PM
anybody know ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
I also need to know this. We're making a fleet movie and it would be nice to be able to hide the UI.

Someone please answer us.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Whenever I take a screen shot, there is no UI in the picture stored on my hard drive.
I don't know how to hide the UI, so captured video will probably still have it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
ALT-F12 is the default keybind to hide the UI while playing.

I believe you can change this in your Key Binds game options menu.

===

Default screenshots (using the PrintScreen keyboard key, or /screenshot) take screenshots with the UI hidden by default.

In order to take screenshots with the UI displayed, use:

/screenshot_ui

or

/screenshot_ui_jpg

You can bind this to a key:

/bind <key> screenshot_ui_jpg
/bind b screenshot_ui_jpg
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Default screenshots (using the PrintScreen keyboard key, or /screenshot) take screenshots with the UI hidden by default.
I used the Print Screen key on my keyboard and got a picture with the UI included, so that doesn't seem to be the deafault setting, and I haven't adjusted any of the settings.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I used the Print Screen key on my keyboard and got a picture with the UI included, so that doesn't seem to be the deafault setting, and I haven't adjusted any of the settings.
Was this a screenshot produced by a third-party screenshot program (i.e., independent of the game client)? Otherwise, the game client defaults to hide the UI when it takes its own screenshot, but only if there is no intefering/conflicting third-party screenshot application.

If you had no third-party screenshot application, then I would suggest to bug report this, because the PrintScreen key should be bound to /screenshot (not /screenshot_ui) by default.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
Was this a screenshot produced by a third-party screenshot program (i.e., independent of the game client)?
I don't know Matt, the screen shots I get are taken simply by pressing the Print Screen key on my keyboard while in game, which I imagine is connected directly to my OS, which is XP Home.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
I don't know Matt, the screen shots I get are taken simply by pressing the Print Screen key on my keyboard while in game, which I imagine is connected directly to my OS, which is XP Home.
This sounds like the interference of a third-party screenshot program.

In which case, you can always use the console commands to achieve any specific screenshot you need (produced exclusively by the game client):

/screenshot
/screenshot_ui
/screenshot_ui_jpg

The first one should hide the UI. If it does not, then I recommend bug reporting it.