Captain
# 11
11-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
ANY new klingon outfits period
The kinkiest image is in my head right now....
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Ensign
# 12
11-11-2012, 11:03 PM
They wouldn't allow it for the same reason they didn't give us the proper PC Gamer open jacket - people would apparently complain if there was too much human skin. Because, you know, Star Trek never showed nearly-naked people.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-11-2012, 11:06 PM
This has been requested since launch.
It's probably coming soon to a lockbox/lobi store near you.
Captain
# 14
11-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Well, we've already got the Orion 'uniform', so I don't think it'll be that.

It's the guy showing up in an STF in a speedo.

Definately.

I'll refuse to be civil about that.

It's got to stop somewhere.

Picard: A line must be drawn! Here, No further!

But seriously, Swim trunks and a tank top for guys, a one piece swimsuit with a sarong for women.

But yeah, Sunglasses are a must. And they need to be available on ALL costume settings.

I want to rock some shades as I take my ship into battle, blow up a Breen ship and quip "Well, they jus got *puts on sunglasses* Iced. while my Jem'Hadar BOFF Screams "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" and my borg engineer plays a guitar.
Captain
# 15
11-11-2012, 11:53 PM
The biggest problem i saw with this one was the skin options. there as so many great options (my main has infected) that only go to the neck. in one of the last issues of ask cryptic DStahl said that there were no plans to go back and fix any of those to be full body, which sucks because i just wanted to be able to use the TOS short sleeved shirt with my guy. A dream that is never going to happen because cryptic has a hard time finishing anything they start.
Rihannsu
# 16
11-12-2012, 12:12 AM
ditto the above poster. And while Hawaiian clothing/beachwear isn't my favorite necessarily, I do think a Risa pack with Hawaiian-type clothing, swimsuits, and maybe just some other casual stuff perhaps from Star Trek canon would be pretty awesome and I'd probably buy it...I promise not to wear that stuff on duty! Okay, at least not too often!

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Career Officer
# 17
11-12-2012, 01:20 AM
I've played games in which a monthly festival zone is used by player's to complete quests for currency. Currency which is only good for buying festival specific items. Such as clothes for their characters. The clothes are inexpensive as they are not permanent. Player's buy them knowing that these clothes are temporary and vanish from inventory once the character leaves the festival zone. Player's have to re-buy these clothes from scratch each time the festival rolls around. You want to keep those clothes? Don't leave the zone.

Why couldn't an approach like that work for an STO social zone such as Risa? I'm sure there are other social zones where this method would also be appropriate to dress in the local color. But not clothes appropriate to wear any place else.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-12-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I've played games in which a monthly festival zone is used by player's to complete quests for currency. Currency which is only good for buying festival specific items. Such as clothes for their characters. The clothes are inexpensive as they are not permanent. Player's buy them knowing that these clothes are temporary and vanish from inventory once the character leaves the festival zone. Player's have to re-buy these clothes from scratch each time the festival rolls around. You want to keep those clothes? Don't leave the zone.

Why couldn't an approach like that work for an STO social zone such as Risa? I'm sure there are other social zones where this method would also be appropriate to dress in the local color. But not clothes appropriate to wear any place else.
Hey whats wrong with a bunch of babes running around in bikinis over at Earth Space Dock, we need some booty in the house you know.

Why shoud the Orion Slave Chicks get all the attention?

Heeeeeeeeeey SEXY LADY, OP, OP, OP, OP, OPA GANGNAM STYLE !!!!!!!!!!
Captain
# 19
11-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I AM dressed for Risa, Vice Admiral's overcoat and boots.
Wouldn't want to catch any of that... fun going around. I got Klingon's to kill.
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 20
11-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Cryptic already stated a while ago that they don't want Fed Captains running around in beachwear while fighting Borg or whatever.
Closed Thread