Lt. Commander
# 21
11-12-2012, 04:54 AM
Oh, yes. Skinny dipping under the two moons.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 22
11-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I've played games in which a monthly festival zone is used by player's to complete quests for currency. Currency which is only good for buying festival specific items. Such as clothes for their characters. The clothes are inexpensive as they are not permanent. Player's buy them knowing that these clothes are temporary and vanish from inventory once the character leaves the festival zone. Player's have to re-buy these clothes from scratch each time the festival rolls around. You want to keep those clothes? Don't leave the zone.

Why couldn't an approach like that work for an STO social zone such as Risa? I'm sure there are other social zones where this method would also be appropriate to dress in the local color. But not clothes appropriate to wear any place else.

This is essetially the crux of the issue as I understand it. We would need some tech (that we don't have now) that would limit a costume to a specific map. If we had that, we could allow people to wear swimsuits and pixel clouds on Risa, but they wouldn't be able to run around ESD, or Unimatrix 1 with them on.

The problem is that we do not have that tech at the moment, and it has not been a priority to develop that.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 23
11-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
This is essetially the crux of the issue as I understand it. We would need some tech (that we don't have now) that would limit a costume to a specific map. If we had that, we could allow people to wear swimsuits and pixel clouds on Risa, but they wouldn't be able to run around ESD, or Unimatrix 1 with them on.

The problem is that we do not have that tech at the moment, and it has not been a priority to develop that.
*Laughs at the mental image of two toons stood in front of the Borg Queen, weapons aimed and ready....... wearing speedos and a bikini respectively.*

The Borg Queen would die laughing!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 24
11-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaive0 View Post
Ok i can see the point with most of the Zen outfit packs..

But want to know what we would really want?

A Risa Beachware Outfit pack ( BOTH FED AND KDF)

why are orions the only ones who look properly dressed on Risa and the rest of us look like stuffy prudes.

I know one of my my toons would really rock a Grass skirt and coconut shell top..
( he's a little weird)

and sunglasses... we would like sunglasses too.
Could you add to this 'Moogie' and 'Nagus' costumes
Moogie: Old fashioned ferengi dressware.. leathery old skin! XD
And something flash for the older ferengi gent :d
Career Officer
# 25
11-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Could you add to this 'Moogie' and 'Nagus' costumes
Moogie: Old fashioned ferengi dressware.. leathery old skin! XD
And something flash for the older ferengi gent :d
The third item in that set could be a blackout mask, or a bucket, for anyone stood nearby.....

Captain
# 26
11-12-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
Cryptic already stated a while ago that they don't want Fed Captains running around in beachwear while fighting Borg or whatever.
What they want becomes more important than what I want when they are the paying customers and I am the one being paid to make them happy.
Captain
# 27
11-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
Cryptic already stated a while ago that they don't want Fed Captains running around in beachwear while fighting Borg or whatever.
but we have orion ladys doing JUST THAT :\.. and the odd shirtless orion male/gorn

..just think if orion females where a C-store purchase only thing? cryptic would be rich.

Plus we can wear formale EVENING WEAR to fight the borg, what's their reasoning about that humm.
I have an alien lass in a very cute black dress, while she hacks the borg to death...
Career Officer
# 28
11-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
What they want becomes more important than what I want when they are the paying customers and I am the one being paid to make them happy.
Not just the Dev's.

I like the idea, for Risa, but I'm in the camp of thinking it'd be daft to join an STF to find someone using a toon wearing a bikini.

Captain
# 29
11-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Not just the Dev's.

I like the idea, for Risa, but I'm in the camp of thinking it'd be daft to join an STF to find someone using a toon wearing a bikini.
*Points at the orion babes*
:p
Career Officer
# 30
11-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
*Points at the orion babes*
:p
Point taken!

Closed Thread