Career Officer
We've yet to see any significant progress made on adding value to players willing to give money for the LTS/Subscriber benefits.

I have one suggestion, and that would be to grant an earned dilithium bonus of 25% for content completed while actively subscribed to the game or with a LTS account.

This would not allow a Sub/LTS to earn more refined dilithium per day on any one character, the refined Dilithium cap would still be 8k.

The difference is that as a subscriber you would be getting a perk of time convenience for your subscription dollars.

Example:

Player A is a current subscriber.

They complete Mission 1, which normally grants 1000 dilithium.

As a subscriber, they earn a bonus of 25% extra dilithium - so this mission grants them 1,250 dilithium.

This means the subscriber would need to do less content to earn their daily cap of 8,000 dilithium, freeing them to enjoy other content faster - thus it is a time convenience for paid support to the game.

Player A decides to cancel their subscription for a time, during this unsubscribed period they lose the +25% earned dilithium bonus on mission content an would receive 1,000 dilithium from completing Mission 1 above.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 11-12-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-12-2012, 10:12 AM
+1 From this guy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-12-2012, 10:44 AM
/signed Excellent idea!
Rihannsu
# 4
11-12-2012, 11:03 AM
+1

nice idea

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Community Moderator
# 5
11-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Please try and refrain from +1'ing threads guys.

If you can't post a full comment it may not be necessary to post.

In my thoughts though I approve of the concept, but I feel that 25% is a bit too much, maybe 5 or 10% would be more realistic to ask for?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 6
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Please try and refrain from +1'ing threads guys.

If you can't post a full comment it may not be necessary to post.

In my thoughts though I approve of the concept, but I feel that 25% is a bit too much, maybe 5 or 10% would be more realistic to ask for?
Quick question in regards to this: As I have seen no rule in the ToS about not being allowed to "+1" things (lets call it that for the sake of simplicity), what would be a appropriate "I support this suggestion, but can't add more" response to let the people in charge know that it's not just one person thinking it's a good idea?

Obviously this should be brought into daylight, to simplify and enhance forum experience, and to avoid people getting tempted to simply "+1'ing"?

Also, help me understand the the specific paragraph that is against it... I am a "need to understand" kind of guy.

Thanks

yea... 25% may be over the top, but 5-10% dosen't even make a diffrence really... perhaps 15%?

150 extra dosen't get you a Zen, but gets you 2/3'd there, where 250t would get you all the way.

So that "almost there" feeling should help?

What I think may be slightly more difficult in this, is the practical implemntation that is going to be a b*tch.
There would need to be some sort of array that stores / reads the entire time, wich might make for some sluggishness to and from the servers.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 7
11-12-2012, 01:32 PM
As someone who has been paying and playing since Beta, I would definitely appreciate a bonus like that. I could actually spend more time working on PvP'ing or earning Fleet Marks.
Career Officer
# 8
11-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Quick question in regards to this: As I have seen no rule in the ToS about not being allowed to "+1" things (lets call it that for the sake of simplicity), what would be a appropriate "I support this suggestion, but can't add more" response to let the people in charge know that it's not just one person thinking it's a good idea?

Obviously this should be brought into daylight, to simplify and enhance forum experience, and to avoid people getting tempted to simply "+1'ing"?

Also, help me understand the the specific paragraph that is against it... I am a "need to understand" kind of guy.

Thanks

yea... 25% may be over the top, but 5-10% dosen't even make a diffrence really... perhaps 15%?

150 extra dosen't get you a Zen, but gets you 2/3'd there, where 250t would get you all the way.

So that "almost there" feeling should help?

What I think may be slightly more difficult in this, is the practical implemntation that is going to be a b*tch.
There would need to be some sort of array that stores / reads the entire time, wich might make for some sluggishness to and from the servers.
Think the +1 could be seen as a "bump" style response. Giving a reason would indicate that you have read, understood and to add further discussion to the thread, 1+ doesnt add to the thread.

OT, 15% would be a nice bonus giving incentive to go gold or lts. Though being able to buy gold membership with zen would be interesting concept, similar to how they work it with eve-online.
Career Officer
# 9
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
It might be worth considering. At the prices they're listed at, I very much doubt Cryptic is selling a lot of the progress booster type items they've got up on the Z-store. Only they would know exactly how few. (But it's not like in this game anyone actually needs an XP boost, is it?)

Making those things innate to a subscription might sell a few more subs. And dilithium definately would do the most to entice people, as the other boosters are only really useful during the short time you're leveling, and cease to be after that. I suspect, though, that active LTSes currently outnumber active monthly subs. So whether enough new people might be enticed into signing up by something like this to make it seem, to Cryptic, like not just something they're giving away to LTSers with no real return to them, I couldn't guess.
Reave
Captain
# 10
11-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I +1 this primarily because this game seriously lacks any reason to really pay for gold over going free to play and just paying the C-store. It's kind of a slap in the face of people still paying subs that they're getting really no benefits that can't be bought in the C-store, of which the vet rewards are now included by buying a life time. There should definitely be more of a benefit provided to gold over silvers even if it's just little things like a bonus to dilithium, or a cost discount to spending ingame money. DCUO has lock boxes as well but they allow their paying subbers to open them for free, which would be a nice touch here an d in champions online. The stippend is a nice touch, but with the raised cost of things it really doesn't seems like it's as much of a bonus any more, especially with how little we're getting out of most of the items against how much they cost.