Captain
# 121
02-07-2013, 07:47 AM
I still haven't found the 'opt out' option in the game ui, anyone know exactly where it is ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Rihannsu
# 122
02-07-2013, 07:53 AM
I have to ask, are we actually supposed to be able to view other players' and fleets' information through the Gateway? I know it's just the info, but you can basically view other people's builds, character details, biographies, fleet information and such with ease. I'm just not sure that this is how it should be. Some kind of "hide" option would be nice for people who wouldn't like their characters to be viewable by everybody.

As for other feedback:
Keep getting disconnected randomly. Keeps telling me that "gateway is undergoing maintenance".
Scroll down keeps resetting - moves window to the top at random.
Some chat integration would be nice, so that we can use the in-game chat while outside of the game.
Ensign
# 123
02-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
I have to ask, are we actually supposed to be able to view other players' and fleets' information through the Gateway? I know it's just the info, but you can basically view other people's builds, character details, biographies, fleet information and such with ease. I'm just not sure that this is how it should be. Some kind of "hide" option would be nice for people who wouldn't like their characters to be viewable by everybody.
Agreed.. invasion of privacy..
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 124
02-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Yes, this is as intended, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I still haven't found the 'opt out' option in the game ui, anyone know exactly where it is ?
...the button can be found in the Social Window (default key "O") Search tab by clicking on the Privacy button towards the bottom-right.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 125
02-07-2013, 08:22 AM
At one time it was actually showing my live characters but for a while now it's been showing my Tribble characters. When can we expect this to get changed or is it still being hooked up to Tribble for testing purposes?
Captain
# 126
02-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepwe View Post
At one time it was actually showing my live characters but for a while now it's been showing my Tribble characters. When can we expect this to get changed or is it still being hooked up to Tribble for testing purposes?
It has been a while since I did Gateway, but it should be two seperate links.

gatewaytest.startrekonline.com should get you to the Test Server one

gateway.startrekonline.com should get you to the holodeck one.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 127
02-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepwe View Post
Make sure you're looking at gateway.startrekonline.com (Holodeck characters), not gatewaytest.startrekonline.com (Tribble characters).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 128
02-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

...the button can be found in the Social Window (default key "O") Search tab by clicking on the Privacy button towards the bottom-right.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Quote:
Make sure you're looking at gateway.startrekonline.com (Holodeck characters), not gatewaytest.startrekonline.com (Tribble characters).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That's probably it but for at least a few days the bookmark I've been using was showing my live characters. Left me a bit confused when it started showing Tribble characters again.
Captain
# 129
02-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
TY, will be going dark as soon as I get home.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 130
02-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Ok, I really like this feature, and since there is an opt out, I think that showing history of the character is a great idea, as well as making the sharing of builds, and character options available in an easier fashion...

This will let RPers contact one another, allow for sharing of builds, and generally help the community.

What I would like to see is integration with Chat, (at least your friends list), and integration with the DOFF system to allow offline management of your Duty Officers...

Thanks,
Elvnswords
Closed Thread