Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 91 Really that bad?
11-13-2012, 06:13 AM
I am relatively new to STO, will S7 really be that bad for game play?
Career Officer
# 92
11-13-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
This is lolworthy, 25k fleet credits for a purple doff if you're lucky enough to be in a fleet at that level... which many are not.

Give me a break. It's not an alternative.

As for "price gouging" I've never heard anything as stupid as that Purple doff prices crashed, they didn't increase because of the grinder, quite the opposite.

The costs on on grinder are ridiculous, the result no one will use them, prices should increase.

Anyone else have more knowledge than me on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectral3 View Post
I am relatively new to STO, will S7 really be that bad for game play?
Short Answer: yes.

Lets have a betting pool...

1. Below 3 Hours
2. 3 Hours
2. 3.5 Hours
3. 4 Hours
4. 4.5 Hours
5. 5 Hours
6. 5.5 Hours
7. 6 hours
8. 6.5 hours
9. 7 Hours
10. 7.5 Hours
11. 8 Hours
12. 8.5 Hours
13. 9 Hours
14. 9.5 Hours
15. 10 Hours
16. 10.5 Hours
17. 11 Hours
18. 11.5 Hours
19. 12 Hours
20. More than 12 hours.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-13-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 93
11-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
one of 3 options will happen with this s7 update: they pull a scotty and get finished ahead of scheduale (slim possibility), get finished on time (good prossability), or takes longer than usual (good posability)
As I said earlier - we can definitely expect the usual:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Sever downtime: Pending

1: Players who don't usually post on the forums: Registering

2: Rage posts about the patch taking a little longer than usual ("it shouldn't take four hours"): Pending

3: Rage posts and accusations of incompitence if/when the server is still offline after the ESTIMATED time period has elapsed: Pending

4: Rage posts pertaining to not being to log into the game once the server is back online (with the associated lack of understanding of the sheer number of people trying the same thing at the exact same time: Pending

It's always so predictable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Ensign
# 94 Rage posts
11-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
As I said earlier - we can definitely expect the usual:
Will never understand why people complain so much about a game that is essentially free (other that what you opt to spend). If it pisses people off so much....DONT PLAY
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 95
11-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Someone got the times on the launcher wrong.

one says 3 hours, the other says 4. not a big deal but a silly error.
Yeah, just saw that. I've requested it to be updated. My OP was correct -- 6-10am PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 96
11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Hm, I wonder what final changes (if any) were made to the Vesta.....
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 97
11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Will never understand why people complain so much about a game that is essentially free (other that what you opt to spend). If it pisses people off so much....DONT PLAY
The game is only free from Real Life money transactions if the individual user in question never converts earned Dilithium to Zen, never buys items from the exchange that were bought with Zen and never takes advantage of fleet holdings that have been paid in part by Zen.

Otherwise, whether you action the transaction with your own money or someone elses... that transaction costs RL life money.

So no, only rarely is it truly free. Though you yourself may not put any of your own money into a transaction, so from you point of view it didn't cost you anything.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-13-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 98
11-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Because most people don't think in binary. A game isn't either perfect or not worth playing so why shouldn't people give views on how a game can be improved? Or should I use the same logic you did and say if you don't like the complaining on the forums, don't use them?
Ensign
# 99
11-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
The game is only free from Real Life money transactions if the indivudal user in question never converts earned Dilithium to Zen and never takes advantage of fleet holdings that have been paid in part by Zen.

Otherwise, whether you action the transaction with your own money or someone elses... that transaction costs RL life money.

So no, only rarely is it truly free. Though you yourself may not put any of your own money into a transaction, so from you point of view it didn't cost you anything.
OK fine, but as i state, spending by individuals is optional, some choose to, some choose not to, but that should not entitle people to insult the people providing for their entertainment. Coding is not simple, errors do occur and estimates can be off, anyone who has ever done any programming knows that complete times are always estimates,
Career Officer
# 100
11-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psymantis View Post
Because most people don't think in binary. A game isn't either perfect or not worth playing so why shouldn't people give views on how a game can be improved? Or should I use the same logic you did and say if you don't like the complaining on the forums, don't use them?
If people didn't complain here and on tribble, Season 7 would be largely unchanged from the Class 5 clusterchuck it was to the Class 3 clusterchuck it's become
Closed Thread