Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 141 Awful
11-13-2012, 07:36 AM
This patch is awful and I'm highly against it. I had 35 Data Chips, 8 Borg Salvages and 4 Rare Borg Prototype Salvages and now they're all being replaced by stupid boxes? The LAST thing STO needs is anymore of these stupid limited "only able to open with certain requirements" boxes! IN addition to that you remove almost everything I love about the game - linked tailor colour codes? Seriously? Now we get even less customization options? - It's harder to get dilithium now? Why? It was hard enough previously! - Duty officer reassignments now cost more dilithium? Why? It's already hard enough getting the right amount to suffice for just about anything - And the removal of the Borg Assimilated Module Universal Console?? I sold my Previous Engineering Console (To NPC since it was bound ofcourse) and replaced it with the Borg Assimilated Module.... How do you suppose I get my MK XI Very Rare Neutronium Alloy back now? If you're going to introduce a New Season perhaps try ADDING things, and not REMOVING them... and for the love of the Q's....NO MORE BOXES PLEASE! I already have 14 stacks of 20 Temporal Lock Boxes on Sale in the exchange!

Way to go ruining the game!
Lt. Commander
# 142
11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
They increased the time with another hour? .. :/
it been 4 hours since last night branflakes admitted that the the 6-9 time was wrong and he had to get pwe to change it to the 4 hour timeframe it is
Lt. Commander
# 143
11-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
When I last checked the fleet stores last night, there was no fleet military duty officer category. Everything was listed under tactical.

I bought random fleet tactical officers to fill the security and tactical requirements in the projects. If you want more security officers, you will just have to buy them from the exchange. Not a big deal.
Ya, I wasn't questioning what you were saying, you just didn't seem to be understanding the other person's question, which was about what to do with getting like 10x more tactical officers than security officers, when they needed security. But checking on the wiki, looks like the officers aren't bound, and so given the increase in demand for white doffs, can be sold on the exchange for some extra money.
Ensign
# 144 so the new ship next?
11-13-2012, 07:39 AM
everyones asking for a cube!, but im sure thats to big, hopefully we will get a sphere or something! and can u please make more engineering ships lol ty love the game tho
Career Officer
# 145
11-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
lol the only words of comfort I can offer is the that through continued complaining and criticizing the size of that Dilithium Love Stick is now a little smaller than it was before, it will still require *some* lube though
Yeah, I took part in the 'feedback' for Tribble and am glad they at least removed the Dil costs for the reputation projects... Though it appears that those costs have simply moved elsewhere, which is a little saddening. I guess I'll have to get out the KY and 'brace for impact'.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Lieutenant
# 146
11-13-2012, 07:40 AM
It is so very interesting to see that devs have been reading this forum but did he notice the complaints"No one knows" PWE just lacks certain skills in customer service. A company that cares for instance when a customer complains they say" We are sorry for the trouble you are having let's see what we can do to help" PWE says" You have reported a problem its a known bug. Too bad so sad we are not gonna fix right now because we are scheduled to launch a new box so that does not hold any importance to us right now" Sadly a company that runs that way will sooner or later go down which i hope someone buys out PWE so this game hopefully can be fixed and live on. Honestly at this point you cant expect help but you can expect to get told "Yep we screwed you too bad"...
The point is a game will not go right ever unless you have good customer service...Fundamentally if you tell your players hey we are posting a poll to see what you want the most..PWE should have done something to that effect but nope...They twisted around what everyone wanted into a another @#$ way for them to make money...Which i might add is gonna be a cool ship that most people may or may not buy because the many issues and bugs that have been present for over a year now..but the new boxes were set and launched flawlessly because it was gonna make them money..The long and the short of the story is if it does not make them money it probably will not be fixed in a timely manner..Anyway im done ranting for now...Hopefully a DEV will see this and perhaps send me a message or say something to possibly reassure those of us that do not like these changes due to all the dilithium gouging going on....but sadly im not gonna hold my breath about the DEV contacting me because i prefer to live through the day..... This day saddens me greatly and i hope i am gonna be wrong but i just dont think so....
Career Officer
# 147
11-13-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordseptim View Post
This patch is awful and I'm highly against it. I had 35 Data Chips, 8 Borg Salvages and 4 Rare Borg Prototype Salvages and now they're all being replaced by stupid boxes? The LAST thing STO needs is anymore of these stupid limited "only able to open with certain requirements" boxes! IN addition to that you remove almost everything I love about the game - linked tailor colour codes? Seriously? Now we get even less customization options? - It's harder to get dilithium now? Why? It was hard enough previously! - Duty officer reassignments now cost more dilithium? Why? It's already hard enough getting the right amount to suffice for just about anything - And the removal of the Borg Assimilated Module Universal Console?? I sold my Previous Engineering Console (To NPC since it was bound ofcourse) and replaced it with the Borg Assimilated Module.... How do you suppose I get my MK XI Very Rare Neutronium Alloy back now? If you're going to introduce a New Season perhaps try ADDING things, and not REMOVING them... and for the love of the Q's....NO MORE BOXES PLEASE! I already have 14 stacks of 20 Temporal Lock Boxes on Sale in the exchange!

They gave you fair warning on the conversion. In fact there is a huge thread here about the conversion rates, and the fact that most people were cashing out their STF loot for dilithium before it got crated.
Captain
# 148
11-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doalxk View Post
...what to do with getting like 10x more tactical officers than security officers, when they needed security. But checking on the wiki, looks like the officers aren't bound, and so given the increase in demand for white doffs, can be sold on the exchange for some extra money.
You are incorrect. I did answer his question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
They changed the specialization requirement to department specific; therefore, all the duty officers you are talking about will fall into the Tactical department. You will no longer, within most cases, see the requirement for security, assault squad, armory, etc... The new requirement will be random tactical officers. You can now use those unused tactical officers to fill projects.
He will not have extra tactical officers. He can hold onto those unused tactical officers, so they can be used on another project.

Why sell something in which you can use later?

If he has more tactical officers than there are projects, the argument in which you are making would be valid.

Last edited by linyive; 11-13-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 149
11-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eithanblade View Post
everyones asking for a cube!, but im sure thats to big, hopefully we will get a sphere or something! and can u please make more engineering ships lol ty love the game tho
Whaaaaaaat?!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 150
11-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenstarz View Post

Have a countdown timer Hopefully all goes well for the devs. If time needs to be altered so be it...just so excited S7 is almost here!
Lol I've been grinding STF's for the past several hours knowing if I don't get the pieces I need a set will be beyond me for 60 days due to the joke of time-gating on STF's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYuF3T7s7XY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
Closed Thread