Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 231
11-13-2012, 09:17 AM
I just came up with a great suggestion for a future feature.

I would like to call it Rent-o-kill.

Basically, I think people should have the option to put zen into projects in a new building, lets call it the "Bug Store".

Basically I understand that even though the staff have doubled in number that it still almost impossible for them to go back over the game and fix all those legacy bugs.

So why not get players to contribute Zen to a specific bug project. For example that age old bug that kicks you out of an STf if you are in orbit of a planet!

I reckon about 20 Million Zen per project is fair .
Ensign
# 232
11-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta2 View Post
*Grabs Popcorn and sits in a lawn chair. Offers the chair next to him for the other person that thinks all of this whining is funny to watch*
Oh Oh .. i will bring the soda
Starfleet Veteran
# 233
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

(Could I have used any more brackets?)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Parentheses --

These are brackets: --> [brackets]

Now get that info about the unknown ship out there!
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Empire Veteran
# 234
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Although I have three different characters, I have a hard time with keeping up with two of them. *sigh* After I played through the episodes twice, I found it taxing to do half of them for a third time. How in the world did you stave off boredom caused by repetition?
Really there are quite a few things that you are missing my point on and a lot of it has to do where the game was at when I first started that is no longer an issue with the game now. The first thing is that back then you couldn't get in any ship whatever ship you spec'd for was the ship you used. Then on top of that if you really liked one race and were a big Star Trek fan a lot of us with nothing to do for end game just made one of every class for each race that you really liked. So with me I made one of each race and then the ones I really liked I made one for each class and is how you had no end game content and 20 characters.

Although it would be nice if you've been around long enough to be able to purchase a skip to 50 option after doing it so many times like I have LOL

Again though if you are a big star trek fan and thats all the game offered thats what a person would do LOL
Career Officer
# 235
11-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
"Star Trek: Online" is not a race to build a fleetbase. Its a place to have fun.
This is what I'm hoping with the coming of season seven and completely agree.

I think with the grind upon added grind it may look bleak at first glance but it may ultimately work in our favour with future added Reps serving to dilute the game a little further down the road.

In my opinion it begins to shift the focus back to the individual a bit more, rather than just being a nameless star base feeder in a massive fleet I can now chose to work on developing my Captain and regain some sort of personal identity.

Star Trek Online should be an adventure where you are lead in your own little story, not someone who just logs in, tries desperately in vain to contribute to a fleet base project without any luck then wanders off deflated.
Ensign
# 236
11-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
I keep forgetting people have over two to three characters. Since I am only using one KDF and two Federation characters, I have limited myself to a conservative experience. Even though I am using the free to play system, I am investing a lot of physical money into zen. Limiting myself to a handful of characters allows me to get more bang for my buck.

Perhaps your problem is something else? If you have multiple avatars running, perhaps you have too many of them? Why are you giving yourself more work to do?

"Star Trek: Online" is not a race to build a fleetbase. Its a place to have fun.
Nah, my few real-life friends fleet is doing just fine, we are currently upgrading starbase to Tier 3 and are progressing without any pressure. We used ours extra characters (4 of them in total) just to pick up doff recruitment assignments and do dailies at the academy for little extra dilithium and fleet marks - won't be able to do that anymore due to Investigate officer reports (daily) changes. Otherwise, we would still be somewhere at Tier 2 upgrade This took only ~5 min of our time per day so it wasn't a problem. In fact, I'm not complaining about starbase requirements at all, we choose not to join some big fleet and now we deal with it in our own way. I was just trying to show you you are wrong about that "fleet doffs are enough to run projects", that's all.
Ensign
# 237
11-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofmccoy View Post
LOL Speaking of Scotty, they should tell us it's going to take like 8 hours. That way, when it takes 6, we'll think they're miracle workers.
I agree. They should always tell us in that form. 100% behind this statement ^^ If you can learn one very good thing from Scotty then it is: Always tell you need 1 - 2 hrs longer than it would really need, so you have no one on your neck and you can make ppl happy when you?re ready earlier.
Vice Admiral, Deputy Chief of Staff, Starfleet Tactical Science Department -=~SfTSD~=-
Captain
# 238
11-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanlonehawk View Post
Parenthesis --

These are brackets: --> [brackets]

Now get that info about the unknown ship out there!
And this is why I should have gone to bed early and/ or at least had coffee this morning. Yes, those are parentheses.

New info about the unknown ship will actually make it's way here via the community You'll see why.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lieutenant
# 239
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM
It would seem several million zen might be appropriate except the fact they would find a way to tax it too so we couldnt do anything with therefore giving them the reason and excuse to ignore the legacy bugs that have been there forever.
If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
Career Officer
# 240
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM
In about 45 minutes THOUSANDS of Vesta's are gonna blink into existence all around the
galaxy, about fifteen or so later, half are gonna blow up for one reason or another...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudwaen View Post
Wasn't there supposed to be a game one played for entertainment in here someplace?
Closed Thread