Career Officer
# 11
11-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
Wow. Just wow. Been a long time since I've seen contempt for others which is professional grade. Of course this is the Internet. So this means there will be exactly zero consequences for your bold statement. Ever said things like this in person to someone? I'm guessing...no. I reckon it's a safe bet you're not part of the 47%, are you? News flash, I'm not either.

For someone who appreciates the game, you seem to have quite a few issues here.

You want real excitement? With a real risk attached? Sign on with the US Military and volunteer for a tour in Afghanistan. Nothing anywhere near the risk of Real Death in STO. From personal experience, I doubt the Devs will ever be able to come up with anything quite like it. What's that? You can't? Because Afghanistan does not currently have any Respawn Points? Oh my!

Viewing the language and tone of your OP, 'Grateful' isn't the first word which comes to mind. I have a few I am thinking of which describe your post much better. However, the use of said words in public would probably get me permabanned everywhere. So, I'll just let everybody else figure them on their own. After all, we have plenty of time between watching NASCAR at the trailer park and picking up our next Gub'Mint check. Me and the rest of the Proletariat have to get back to work now in the sweatshop you own. So you can afford all that expensive Zen while you're looking down your nose at us. TTFN and Ya'sum Bawss. Don' whip me no mo'! I'se promise to be a good field han' from now on!
*bowing and scraping as I back away from your august personage.*
I just love how you hit the nail on the head with a sledge hammer.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Career Officer
# 12
11-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Well OP...

When you die just delete half of your weapons and consoles, and get rid of your ship.

While your at it, if you die again, just delete your account and re-purchase a lifetime sub.. since you are so wealthy.. who cares!

Go play an elite STF, with your personal friends, and use all tier 1 or 2 ships.. there!.. super elite difficulty.. then brag to people about it. "Awesome man!.. you rule!"

See you had the power all along to make your dreams come true!...

l...m...f...a...o...
Career Officer
# 13
11-13-2012, 09:28 AM
The only thing I can possibly agree on is that the reaction to the dilithium changes in S7 is a bit overblown. Demanding people stop talking about it is unlikely to help though. Only time will soothe the raging forumite, as it always does.

The rest... huh? Especially that death penalty thing. If it was a sub-only game where all gear was obtained solely through gameplay, that might work. With a microtransaction model though, people have a lot of real world money invested in ships and gear. If Cryptic took it away as a punishment for making a mistake... can you say lawsuit?
Career Officer
# 14
11-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfattiest View Post
-allow self destruct to be activated anytime and increase the damage.
You must be new here. We used to be able to use self destruct where ever we wanted, but that got changed after extremely many used it outside ESD and other social areas killing everyone that warps in to that area of space. Lots of fun...NOT

As for the rest of your post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
12th-Feet
Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
Empire Veteran
# 15
11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
First off to the players, there have been a lot of complaints and crying over the changes, specifically dilithium in S7. Stop flooding the forum with stupid posts. Make your case, then drop it. Not everybody is poor. I can afford to buy endless amounts of zen or whatever. I know it's tough for some of you, but suck it up. Get a second job or stop playing. This is a business, and money comes first. The devs have to appeal to a mass, not a few poor grinders.
No thanks. I can easily afford it as well but the idea of spending real money for virtual objects just so I can have bragging rights ingame or "strut" my good fortune over others to incite a sense of jealousy and therefore increase my own self worth momentarily in a virtual enviroment holds little attraction at all to me.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
11-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Normally I wouldn't bother with a total *BLEEP* with an obvious superiority complex, but actually in all of his ranting it did give me an idea.

In Elite STFS and albeit very very rarely having the dilithium crystals become fractured as a damage with a movement slowed penalty would be kinda interesting. This could also tie in with the next two parts.

Let's face it the dilithium mining is a pain in the ass and not really worth doing overall. It was a good idea but it's just so bloody boring. However, if they added a daily mission where you could mine an actual dilithium crystal to actually take back to your ship, then this would have possibilities.

Dilithium Crystal usages:

1) Go to main engineering after bringing back a dilithium crystal and refine the crystal to replenish your warp core. This could be a daily mission/mini game (perhaps use the new radiation mini game to "tune" the crystal) and completing it would give you a boost to warp speed.

2) Go to main engineering after bringing back a dilithium crystal and refine the crystal to repair your warp core after the dilithium crystals fractured from battle damage. This could be a mission/mini game (perhaps use the new radiation mini game to "tune" the crystal) and completing it would restore your ship to full speed. it would add more of a challenge and variety compared to the normal damage type currently used.
Ensign
# 17
11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
WOW! lol I have never seen so many cry babies

You guys are pathetic. Tour in Afghanistan? lol no wonder most of you are antisocial losers

They are called suggestions, no need to get all worked up about it lol

Wow there is more to life than a video game, you guys need to get out more.

I have never seen so many nerds get so worked up over a thread lol omg get a life
Career Officer
# 18
11-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Says the biggest whinner, whinning about the whinning in the forums.
Go take a midol,puffy.
Ensign
# 19
11-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
Says the biggest whinner, whinning about the whinning in the forums.
Go take a midol,puffy.
lol look who is talking old fart

Why you so worked up ?

Not my fault your life is pathetic don't be such a hater
Career Officer
# 20
11-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Did u take your midol?
Now go change the pad.
Closed Thread