Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains!

The team and I wanted to let you all know about some important information about the Foundry and the launch of Season 7.

Currently, while we republish all missions made prior to launch, all access to the Foundry is off. This includes editing and playing. Once the republish process is complete, we will allow access to playing Foundry missions again. When we do, the ability to review missions will be temporarily disabled since we don't want Foundry authors to suffer from any possible decline in rating caused simply by the Season 7 changes.

We hope to have editing, playing and reviewing back up very shortly, and will provide updates in this thread as they become available. Also, we will be delaying this week's Spotlight on the Foundry until reviewing is back up.

Foundry authors: I made a forum post last week that gave a heads up on some important items -- you can check it out here. If you notice any unexpected issues that are not covered in that post, please let us know by commenting in that thread.

Thanks again and we'll see you in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

-----

UPDATE 1 (11/21 @ 2:21pm PST): We've enabled the ability to play Foundry missions! Jump in-game now and use your mission journal to find Foundry missions. We hope to have editing/creating back up next week, and then reviewing shorty after that.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-21-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-13-2012, 09:15 AM
ouch here come the crying
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
There will only be tears if the republish failed spectacularly and/or the republished missions are broken spectacularly.

With that said:
DOOM!!!!!
Captain
# 4
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Any kind of an estimate on how long republishing will take?
Lieutenant
# 5
11-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Will the projects we are currently working on be effected? (... unpublished .. erased)

I have a few (unpublished) projects I still need to "tweek".
Fleet Admiral Cassity
Delta Fleet
Lieutenant
# 6
11-13-2012, 10:27 AM
lmao... so Season 7 has affectively crashed several parts of the game so instead of postponing they shut that part down and bring the server back up...(kudos there) but however if proper beta testing was done this wouldn't be a problem
If they make something idiot proof. They will come out with better idiots
Lieutenant
# 7 Patching?!?!?!?!?!
11-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Don't worry, they'll have the foundry up well before your able to even play the new season. I have been patching now for the last 15 minutes and am only up to 2% finished!!! I thought the "pre-patching" was to avoid this. Anyway, I doubt I'll be seeing New Romulus until sometime next week at this rate, much less any foundry missions.

Edit: Oh great, now a timeout and restart. make that 2 weeks....
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
11-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick97477 View Post
lmao... so Season 7 has affectively crashed several parts of the game so instead of postponing they shut that part down and bring the server back up...(kudos there) but however if proper beta testing was done this wouldn't be a problem
Actually this time I think it's because they made all the changes to the UI for the foundry missions. With Season 6 there were a lot of coding changes that they made.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarich View Post
Don't worry, they'll have the foundry up well before your able to even play the new season. I have been patching now for the last 15 minutes and am only up to 2% finished!!! I thought the "pre-patching" was to avoid this. Anyway, I doubt I'll be seeing New Romulus until sometime next week at this rate, much less any foundry missions.

Edit: Oh great, now a timeout and restart. make that 2 weeks....
ROFLMAO mine just re-started also. and ashame all I do is Foundry Mission.
Career Officer
# 10
11-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Brandon you said you were going to extend the time for foundry challenge 5, can I suggest that it should be 2 weeks or more cause if the foundry changes in season 7 are anything like season 6 the authors may need at least this amount of time to fix things, cause coordinates form season 5 built foundry maps were not eligible after the season 6 changes, I had a lot of problems with things like door & force field placement and space beacons, asteroid placements things like that.
Closed Thread