Ensign
My ship does not leave trails anymore, and only during full impulse does it show, but only the red. It was fine about two days ago.
And also the 'Extend Shields' effect does not show anymore, either that or it's changed. I can hear the sound and see that it's active, but no visual effect.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Extend Shields doesn't draw the line between you and your target anymore. Instead you'll see a shield glowing effect around your ship, the ally's ship, and an implied tunnel between the two [in the sense that you can see the endpoints of such a tunnel on the glowing shield animation surrounding each ship]. Unless you are pretty close, there's no line to see.

This is probably not the best description of the visual, but I haven't slept yet and don't have screenshots.

You can still see the direction your transfer is headed, and the target can see from where shield heals are coming still, but it's nowhere near as explicit. I kind of miss the old animation for this, despite how nice the animation changes have been overall.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful