Lt. Commander
# 61
11-22-2012, 05:19 PM
I just got back word today on both my support tickets. The Devs are aware of the problem, there is a glitch in the graphics of the game. However there is now word on when it will get fixed. It was hilarious getting a passive aggressive email on one ticket and a nice on on the other. But then I have been angry and shouty on on and nice and polite on the other. Seems to have worked somewhat. But I am sure all of you guys putting in support tickets helped as well.
Commander
# 62 Still broke
11-30-2012, 02:57 PM
I haven't played for a week and tried again today only to have my machine crash.

Why am I not surprised that this problem hasn't been fixed yet?

Lt. Commander
# 63
12-02-2012, 02:39 PM
I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to play at all. Are you still talking to Support? They had me submit a bug report but other then telling me that the problem is very complicated and they Devs are working on it. They have no given me any ETA on when this problem will be fixed. But I am still talking to them even if they have tried to close out the support tickets I have open. Oh and the odd think..I can play Blacklight: Retribution which is another PWE game..no trouble at all. And I know it has better graphics then STO. I suggested a partial rollback but got no response from that. Oh well.
Ensign
# 64
12-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Ok, glad to know this isn't just happening to me. Unfortunately, I've been having this problem since before season 6 launched, and I'm using a non-Intel chipset video card.
Lt. Commander
# 65
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
I would go ahead and report that. and submit a bug report. I am surprised you are still playing if the problem has been going on that long.
Commander
# 66
12-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
I would go ahead and report that. and submit a bug report. I am surprised you are still playing if the problem has been going on that long.
Many of us have submitted a bug report. I've never been responded to.
Career Officer
# 67
12-03-2012, 09:31 PM
I've noticed video problems as well with my GForce Card. The Graphics flicker when entering zones.

And with the Tier 1 Romulan Mission, the lights are all goofy since the patch and the Romulan shuttle on the left, doesn't want to render.
Lt. Commander
# 68
12-04-2012, 01:38 PM
You don't get any response to Bug reports, I asked. Ok so on one of my support tickets they gave my a partial fix. It maybe the only fix we get in a while though.

Quote:
Please try the following:

Try adding ??d3d11Enable 0 ?d3d9? in the command-line in the Launcher through Options.

Let us know if this helps at all.
I could go onto ESD and do Starbase 234 with it only blanking a couple of times. I hope this helps some of you. Let me know if it does not so I can report back. For me it worked enough so that I could do what I wanted in those areas, but those are only two places and I don't know if it will work for everyone and in every area of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 69
12-05-2012, 11:40 AM
I am so sorry I just noticed that the above command did not display correctly. Let me try it again. ?d3d11Enable 0 ?d3d9
Lt. Commander
# 70
12-05-2012, 11:42 AM
ok it still did it. apparently the forum does not support that character. so where the question marks are replace with a middle dash. normally this key is found to the right of the 0 key. - that should make it work
Closed Thread