Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 561
# 21
11-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I am upset that the same ritual of breaking the game with a new update is still alive and well; cannot use my new Vesta because of the broken autofire toggle. Other than that, not much difference than usual game rage... play a couple of STFs and get it out of your system.
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
# 22
11-14-2012, 09:59 AM
I dont even want to play anymore, ive been sitting here now staring at my sto screen for 1 hour and ive done nothing, season 7 sucks its just another way to get everything off us twice as fast as the season 6 stuff, we usually have a average active fleet roster of 20 players online at any one time, since this launch of season 7 theres now 3 players online,, this sucks everyones been put off, im not spending anything , as far as im concerned im done,,im off to play black op's 2 adios craptic
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 70
# 23
11-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbeauregard View Post
Sorry, but I can't help myself...

You dished out 100 smackers a month to buy zen? Did that unlock a new accolade and title, "Sucker"?
This is nothing talk to the lock box crowd.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 78
# 24
11-14-2012, 10:42 AM
change.org/petitions/perfect-world-entertainment-cryptic-studios-star-trek-online-return-to-the-previous-dilithium-reward-consoles-drops-for-stf-s#share

Sign This.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 139
# 25
11-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64 View Post
I am upset that the same ritual of breaking the game with a new update is still alive and well; cannot use my new Vesta because of the broken autofire toggle. Other than that, not much difference than usual game rage... play a couple of STFs and get it out of your system.
I said it on the Steamrunner Bug thread, but auto fire is working for me, however, it's bc I use the separate weapons box, not the single ability box. All of the screen shots I've seen w/ this issue had that single box for Boff abilities, weapons, capt powers and console effects. Try redoing your UI until the fix is in.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
# 26
11-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Even if they were to conclude that, they will not reverse course. No. They will continue to plow ahead full speed until the hypothetical discontinuation of funds results in PWE's decision to pull the plug.

What makes me say that?

Consider SOE's response to the Star Wars Galaxies community's reaction to the NGE. In the space of 24 hours, they loast an estimated 75% of the remaining subscriber base. And after a year and a half they had not turned it around. But did they admit their mistake? Yes. They did. Did they do anything to correct the mistake? No they did not. Their decision was made. Their course was set. And they rode it to the end of the line, never once achieving the potential SWG had. All because of stupid corporate pride.

I see the same exact pattern here. Cryptic, under Perfect World, has become inflexible and single-minded and will not deviate from their course. They HAVE to be right, and to hell with anything any of us have to say about it.

Even though it won't make a difference, I have already chosen to take the OP's position. I refuse to spend a dime of my money on a single unit of Zen. I won't go so far as to refuse to trade Dilithium on the exchange for Zen. Those who posted their Zen on the exchange did so in good faith that someone would make use of it. The money was already spent, or else it was a donation of monthly stipend Zen. But I can honestly say that there are only a handfull of things that I want and they are strictly cosmetic. I won't buy ships to get the consoles. When the Relativity uniform goes on the lobi store, I'll use the Dilithium exchange to get the Zen needed to buy master keys. I'll Sell the loot items on the EC exchange, and will save up the lobi crystals until I can get the uniform.

But as for spending my own money... Not going to happen. So why do I bother to remain? As long is this game remains live, it still has potential. And while I will not hold my breath for Cryptic to actually give a damn about their product, I will hold out hope. It isn't costing me any money. And as to time? Well... I don't play nearly as much as I would if it wasn't a big grindfest.
I remember SWG. SOE and the player base pretty much shot themselves in the foot. With an atomic grenade. As proof, just look at what we have now for an SW based game: TOR.

All the drama, posturing and arguments did nothing, absolutely nothing, for the players in the end. SWG is gone.

Make the most of what you got, folks. Or it will be gone like SWG.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 973
# 27
11-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikdanger View Post
I remember SWG. SOE and the player base pretty much shot themselves in the foot. With an atomic grenade. As proof, just look at what we have now for an SW based game: TOR.
How did the player base shoot itself in the foot? The ones that remained kept the game afloat for six years after the NGE. A shame it never really regained its footing.

Quote:
All the drama, posturing and arguments did nothing, absolutely nothing, for the players in the end. SWG is gone.
That is true.

[/quote]Make the most of what you got, folks. Or it will be gone like SWG.[/quote]

Too bad that when you strip away the grindfests, there's not all that much to make the most of...
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,145
# 28
11-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
How did the player base shoot itself in the foot? The ones that remained kept the game afloat for six years after the NGE. A shame it never really regained its footing.

Quote:

Make the most of what you got, folks. Or it will be gone like SWG.
Too bad that when you strip away the grindfests, there's not all that much to make the most of...
SWG is running F2P on emulators since the server soft went open source early this year. (pre-NGE)


Google it.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 29
11-14-2012, 12:41 PM
They do not care if you are upset. They care if you give them money, and if you stop giving them money, it's not because they've done something stupid to ruin your enjoyment. It's because you're just too dumb to appreciate the quality experience they have created for you.

Last edited by hanover2; 11-14-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 132
# 30
11-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Season 7 is a bunch of fail

Season 7 Dev Blog 17 was a bunch of EPIC fail.

apparently lvl 50s are grinding less dilithum then expected...I call not true on that

especially if you say in the very next paragraph that some missions are dropping TOO much dilithium

not to mention you take dilitium out of content which further gives LESS places to grind to your said limit of dilitium

im fed up with Cryptic and PWE ruining STO.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24 AM.