Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 110
# 31
11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikdanger View Post
I remember SWG. SOE and the player base pretty much shot themselves in the foot. With an atomic grenade. As proof, just look at what we have now for an SW based game: TOR.

All the drama, posturing and arguments did nothing, absolutely nothing, for the players in the end. SWG is gone.

Make the most of what you got, folks. Or it will be gone like SWG.
Player Base did not shoot itself in the foot. It saw what Sony was doing and took a stand and said "No more." SW:G imo deserves to be gone. Sony had plenty of time (6 years in fact) to fix their screw up, and honestly, if say 5 years after the fact they had reopened a Pre-Iconic server, I'd a gone back in a heart beat and played on it.

And I can guarantee people I know would have too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
They do not care if you are upset. They care if you give them money, and if you stop giving them money, it's not because they've done something stupid to ruin your enjoyment. It's because you're just too dumb to appreciate the quality experience they have created for you.
You're right on one point, they -do- care if I give them money. If you've come to this thread to insult those of us who are feeling screwed over by Cryptic because of the change however, you can go away. This thread is meant to be informative, and explain how an individual can get a company's attention.

If you like the changes, I'm happy for you. Go join the other Lemmings as they charge off the cliff. However please don't post your "you're just too dumb to appreciate" crap in a thread that's being civil again.

/ignored from here on
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 335
Really am enjoying the forums since season 7 launched.

It seems that people are really now starting to get worried and are seeing what myself and many other people (most have left) have said before and after F2P arrived.

I remember when people worshipped DSTahl when he took the reins "ohh he gave us all kinds of stuff", but many still said he was like Teflon Tim.

Before he left, he gave tons of flarn, and when he came back he gave us, tons of flarn.

"I'm Playing the new FE now".

"Nah, we aint going F2P anytime soon"

"If you don't like the journey, then get off"

"I'm back and PW want to have 2 full factions"

"I'm back and PW want PVP ramped up"

"What I meant is that someone want PVP revamped and 2 full faction, not all PWE".

"QC will be changing now I'm back. We will take time before releases and ensure QC"

"I've just been told that STFs and Elite STFs will give you Dil".

"Thanks for being Trekkies and so gullible". (okay maybe not).

I'm a massive Star Trek fan. I'm a big geek and have costumes and collectables. I have met most of the casts of all Treks and I do love my Trek. When I see fellow fans still ploughing money into this game "because it's the only trek game we have and probably the only trek game we will get", I think how sad Trek has become.

You can be a trek fan and not play STO. In fact, most of the "real" fans left ages ago when they saw the writing on the wall.

Loving your work Dan.
Straight from the mouth of one of the leaders of the CDF - "I tell you what, Haven't spent any money either - I'm a lousy freeloader" - Jonsills 17/12/2014
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 33
11-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxian2012 View Post
You're right on one point, they -do- care if I give them money. If you've come to this thread to insult those of us who are feeling screwed over by Cryptic because of the change however, you can go away. This thread is meant to be informative, and explain how an individual can get a company's attention.

If you like the changes, I'm happy for you. Go join the other Lemmings as they charge off the cliff. However please don't post your "you're just too dumb to appreciate" crap in a thread that's being civil again.
Your sarcasm detector is malfunctioning, buddy.

I'm on the "dissatisfied" side of this, but after 3 years I've gotten used to them not caring about my satisfaction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 214
# 34
11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I agree with the op, as I pointed out in one my posts they will see no more money from me as long as the rep system is in place for the stfs.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 941
# 35
11-14-2012, 02:45 PM
As long as you continue to log into the game whether you spend real money, Zen, Dil or just real time, you give the Free to Play counters another digit, and give Cryptic more incentive to do what, evidently, you don't like.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 120
# 36
11-14-2012, 02:46 PM
just a matter of time now before the hackers strat to overtake this game, just like crap ops.

i will NOT spend anymore money on this game until they make it more fun to play again.
this season 7 lark is rubbish.

go back to season 6 i beg of you please.....
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 428
# 37
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm also not going to spend another penny of my money on STO, and honestly I don't even see myself playing on anything resembling a regular basis anymore. As nice as it is to have an entire new sector to explore, forcing people to choose between this OR that, OR the other thing unless they can afford to play for 8 hours a day by attaching a bunch of new currencies to everything has killed what enjoyment was left for me. For the record I actually CAN afford to spend 8+ hours a day gaming since I'm unemployed right now but I'm sure as heck not going to be spending it here, I'll play something I actually have fun with.

As my favorite in game title says, "This far, no further."
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,361
# 38
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxian2012 View Post
For those who are upset with Season 7, I can only tell you this: You are not alone.

There's very little that can be done about it, because as long as Cryptic / PW make money on people dishing out cash for zen, there'll be little to no effect. IF however you would like to make a difference, you can.

No longer paying for any aspect of the game is the way to get the companies attention. Cancel your monthly gold membership, do not buy zen, and do not -use- the zen you have in game.

Zen, in game, is a by-product (whether we like it or not) of PW collecting on real life money made in one form or another. We stop giving them money, the company as a whole -will- look at what happened, and what made players stop giving them money to fix the error.

This is the hardest thing for some players (myself included as I have set aside roughly $50 / paycheck for my online gaming fun, which has primarily been STO only since I started playing). This is not impossible. This can be done if you want to see -change-, but only if you want to see change. If you like all aspect of S7, enjoy. Keep playing and paying if you like.

Personally, I'm very upset with the how hard it will be to get Dilithium, and that they've made it near impossible to actually obtain Dilithium without having Zen to buy it from the Exchange. As such, while I will still play, until I can see some changes myself, I will -not- be using a dime of my hard earned money until I personally see some changes. I won't use any zen left in my account, and honestly if there aren't more ways to get dilithium reintroduced into the game, I will personally probably leave the game altogether.

On average for the past 6 months, I've been giving the company $115 / month. $15 for the gold membership sub, and $100 that I've been using to buy Zen. Cryptic / PW has basically told me that they no longer want the money from me by totally ignoring the playerbase with the dilithium nerfs, and honestly, if that's their opinion, I'll take my cash to another game (at this rate that has nothing to do with Cryptic / PW).

I leave this post (and will see who agrees with me and doesn't out of curiosity), but the only way anyone can get through to Cryptic / PW is with money, and if you stop paying, they will notice.

Praxian
You present a great position but the problem is only a small percentage of the STO player base ever visits the forums and of those of us that do use the forums have very diverse outlooks about the game and how we should deal with what we see has a problem.

For the record I?ve not given a dime of my real currency to this MMO in over a year and I don?t intend to do so in the foreseeable future.

I more or less walked away from STO over the treatment of the KDF and the severe lack of continuing story driven content and every time I try to get myself back in; I find another reason to stay away.

For what it?s worth you have my support
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 528
# 39
11-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Good Lord you people are whiners. And I'll probably get banned for saying that, but it needs to be said.

I've been a critic of Cryptic for sometime. Everyone knows that, especially the mods. We're on a first name basis in the penalty system. Nah, I'm joking...kinda.

So you can't rack up massive amounts of dilithium in STFs anymore? I would ask just what was your point in playing if all you did was farm STFs all day long? Most people play games to have fun, not to earn virtual currency.

Besides, it's a virtual currency, which has an impact on the bottom line of the people running the game. Zen = Dilithium = Zen. If people are ONLY getting their Zen from dilithium, it's a problem, and Cryptic loses money.

I take NO issue with Cryptic protecting their bottom line in this manner. If people want the game to stay active, they are going to have to understand that money is required. The subscription model was tried, and it failed. So, this is the future of the game. And to ensure the financial future of this game, and by extension, the company who runs it, it means they can't have everyone under the sun getting their dilithium for free, because they still have to make a profit. This is not a charity.

So you have to work a bit harder for your dilithium. Big whoppin deal. How about you try playing the game for fun once in a while, instead of worrying about your dilithium/hour ratio.

Or, you can try SWTOR come Thursday. You know where the door is.

The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 135
# 40
11-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikdanger View Post
I remember SWG. SOE and the player base pretty much shot themselves in the foot. With an atomic grenade. As proof, just look at what we have now for an SW based game: TOR.

All the drama, posturing and arguments did nothing, absolutely nothing, for the players in the end. SWG is gone.

Make the most of what you got, folks. Or it will be gone like SWG.
You know, I used to feel a bit like this as well. As a 8 year vet of SWG (altho I left for 6 months after NGE and again at C6CD), I couldn't find anything else to replace it with any "Koster goodness" in it at all. So, I went back and gave SOE more money, along with my wife, and our 9 accounts, all at 14.99 per/mo.

For my trouble, I got C6CD and a cash store via TCG with the probable start of this pay to "gamble" for an item you might want that probably came up with all these ideas for "lock boxes" as well along with some P2W buffs included for good measure. It didn't get better, it got worse.

This type of business plan exists due to the fact it works and we let it. I kinda seen where STO was ending up with the "NGE-ed" version of F2P back a little over a year or so ago and have not spent 1 dime in their store since. What that got me was, totally outclassed in PVP via P2W, a ship that is so far down the line now that it's basicly good for nothing, and a basic want not to play this game at all. This business plan exists and thrives because we let it, the paying customers. And I /agree with some of the posters in this thread that about the only thing that can be done at this point in time is to withdrawl the wallet from the C-Store. It simply does not appear that any amount of voiced dis-satisfaction will surfice to "change" Cryptic methods, and only a noticable loss in funds will even come close to getting their attentiion.

Perhaps I'm now the gaming equivilant of a "dinosaur" and have no buisness paying and playing MMOs anylonger. I just bought Skyrim PC today, paid 65 bucks for it at Gamestop, and this is 65 that online gaming MMOs will not get along with no store of subscription fees while I'm playing it. The added plus is, there isn't much that any group of developers can do, with Skyrim, to CHANGE my gameplay and cause the dis-satisfaction I have seen with SWG and now incur again with STO.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:51 PM.