Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 151
02-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Have treid everything in this thread, nothings working. Can also not unassign bridge officers from my old ship. Got a new bridge officer and they sloted then I could assign the officer I wanted but that only worked for one station, now I can't use new bridge officer either. Never had this happen to me before.
Career Officer
# 152
02-14-2013, 04:50 PM
This is beyond a joke. Any new players starting after the Maintenance and finding they can't assign their one measly BOff to its station will more than likely have left the game wondering at the insanity of it all. It's been almost 8 hours now, the bug should have been fixed -- but I still can't assign my BOff's. Can Cryptic really afford to lose potential players?

Edit: It is bizarre. The first 'toon I had this problem with was able to assign BOff's in Memory Alpha System. The next 'toon had no luck in Memory Alpha but managed to assign BOff's in Wolf 359 System. I can't spend eternity flying from system to system trying to find one that will allow me to assign BOff's.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.

Last edited by michaelteigue; 02-14-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 153
02-14-2013, 04:59 PM
To tell you the truth, I'm a 1000 day + veteran and I'm almost ready to leave. This stuff is really getting old. Between the making it harder for small fleets to advance and the nerfing of ships I'm getting tired of it.

Anyhow, I tried going to ESD and switching ships back and forth with no luck. I cannot reassign my BO's after the aszura temperal mission. The misspelled words is because I'm getting peeved.
Ensign
# 154
02-14-2013, 05:09 PM
I tried all the fixes and didn't work. Finally tried going on an away mission and that fixed it. Hope that helps for some of you who can't get it to work.
Ensign
# 155
02-14-2013, 05:38 PM
I did the federation minefeild scenerio, could swap inside of it, have heard this works as well for feds in the gorn minefeild instance, if you have treid everything else give that a go.
Ensign
# 156
02-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmanwtf View Post
I too was unable to equip boffs to my new ship, tried:forums/different shipyards/logging/rebooting/checked my old ships(they were still stationed). this is how i got them to equip stations: i tried it in gorn minefield pve, they are now equipped... good luck to you all... btw i was able to equip either of my 2 sci boffs to my new ship while i was having trouble but nothing else,.. go figure.. ty STO
Nice one m8, this worked for me as well and nothing else here was. Thank you very much
Lieutenant
# 157
02-14-2013, 06:06 PM
I have the same problem. I didn't do anything to trigger it -- 3 of my 5 bridge officer stations were empty upon logging in after the patch today. I've tried every combination of fixed people have mentioned in this thread, and nothing works: I can't fill these stations, nor can I fill stations on any other ship.

This must be fixed immediately; space combat is 100% unplayable with a bug of this magnitude. I have reported this bug using both the in-game and website interfaces (ticket #130214-000556), for all the good that ever does.

I may not be a lifetime subscriber, but I had just renewed my 90-day subscription literally 3 days ago. Good job making that feel like money well spent, Cryptic.

I expect the developers to roll out a new patch to address this within 24 hours. (I have little reason to believe that this will happen, but a 24-hour time frame to address a major problem this significant is what I expect when I give my business to a company.)

======================
UPDATE:

I re-opened STO again yesterday a couple hours after making this post, decided to go through the various fixes again to see if I missed anything. First, I verified that I was still unable to assign boffs when on ESD or in Sol System. Second, I decided to go back to the fleet starbase system since that seems to have the highest success rate on this thread.

Going to the fleet starbase system (not on board the starbase itself) worked, and I was able to assign boffs to all bridge stations.

I know I had tried to assign the boffs in several locations including the fleet starbase, but it didn't work the first time. It's possible that I made the attempt only inside the starbase instead of outside, but I'm 99% certain I tried both; given this, it might have been exiting and re-starting the game that enabled this fix to work in my case.

So, if you're still unable to assign boffs even in the fleet starbase system, try exiting the game, re-starting it, and going back to the fleet starbase system to try again.

Last edited by sarlik; 02-15-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Update -- starbase fix worked
Ensign
# 158
02-14-2013, 06:18 PM
I have fix that going to my starbase and like a magic trick all is working fine
Career Officer
# 159
02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I wasn't having a problem until I finished replaying the Temporal Ambassador mission. I had replayed it before the patch today and, even though all my BOff ship station assignments are removed each time, I was able to reassign them after each mission. Not so today. Now all stations (ship and shuttle) are "None" and no BOffs can be assigned to any station. This is only since today's patch (extending the anniversary).

Last edited by ovrkyl; 02-14-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: typo
Ensign
# 160
02-14-2013, 06:36 PM
nothing has worked for me never mind! gorn minefield worked!

Last edited by alpha11111111111; 02-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Closed Thread