Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 231 Starship Stations Bug
02-15-2013, 08:06 AM
I have just bought the Vesta Ship Pack, and chose the ship to captain. However it will not allow me to pick bridge officers for the starship stations. I have tried changing ship and back but with no change. Is there anything else I could try? Thanks
Survivor of Romulus
# 232
02-15-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderbailey View Post
I have just bought the Vesta Ship Pack, and chose the ship to captain. However it will not allow me to pick bridge officers for the starship stations. I have tried changing ship and back but with no change. Is there anything else I could try? Thanks
You could try what I did, see post #3 in this thread.
Ensign
# 233
02-15-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm getting the same issue - after completing the Temporal Ambassador mission, I couldn't assign my existing BOffs to their normal stations because of the ship change. I WAS able to assign new ones until I logged back on today - now the new ones can't be assigned either.
Career Officer
# 234
02-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinkaiser20xx View Post
I'm getting the same issue - after completing the Temporal Ambassador mission, I couldn't assign my existing BOffs to their normal stations because of the ship change. I WAS able to assign new ones until I logged back on today - now the new ones can't be assigned either.
Thanks, going to the bridge, and assigning from there works, bit of a pain though
Lt. Commander
# 235
02-15-2013, 08:32 AM
So far...

On two separate ships:

-From my own bridge, failed.
-From my engineering deck with ship selection open, failed on both.
-Transwarped to Earth Spacedock, failed in space on both.
-Earth Spacedock at ship selector with ship selection open, failed on both.
-Entered Mission Space, failed on one/worked on one.
-Bought new boffs from Exchange, slotted them then swapped in desired ones. Worked, one boff short of complete success due to lack of boffs for sale.

A new variation of the bug: I have 2 tacboff slots. One is always bugged at "NONE", but I can change which slot is bugged. I can swap boff1 to boff2 in slot1, then try to assign boff1 to slot2 whereupon boff1 appears in slot2 and slot1 changes states to "NONE and I can not assign a boff to the slot. I can reverse this at will. I can not get both slots full at the same time. (NOTE: as soon as I can find a new tacboff on the exchange I'll try that fix, I was one new tacboff short of using that fix)

PS: On a completely unrelated note, making someone who paid for gold status wait to create posts is asinine.
Starfleet Veteran
# 236
02-15-2013, 08:33 AM
So far from reading the wall of threads...player based SOLUTIONS:

1) Go to your fleet starbase and re-assing BoFFs from there. If you don't have a fleet you are out of luck but you could join one temporarily

2)Any fleet actions can also trigger a solution (i.e,Starbase 24 or the like)

3) Going to your ship bridge can also also trigger a work around.

Cryptic solution: "0" (out of luck and your on your own).

It's a shame that players have to find a work around instead of DEVs jumping in and offering solutions...heck where there is no Foundry nor locked boxes involved why should they care if NO MONEY is being generated to fill their pockets. That should tell you where priorities are among the other 100's of support tickets that go unnoticed
[
Ensign
# 237
02-15-2013, 08:41 AM
I had the same problem. I went to shipyard and selected an different ship until I found one that had all of the slots filled including my shuttles. I then changed back to my original ship I was using and put a different boff into the shuttle's slot. I then was allowed to put that boff in their proper slot on the ship. I did this for each of the ships slots I needed to fill. I hope this helps and works for others.
Ensign
# 238
02-15-2013, 08:53 AM
I got the same problem. I just got promoted and a new ship. Can't select Bridge Officers on Stations. Also, I can't unselect them on my old ship. One time I got an error message saying that I already had a Bridge Officer by that name. :/
I have tried to rename my old ship, I have tried to desmiss my old ship (but since it was my original ship I could not).
The problem is that I have no way near the resources needed to buy a shuttle and try this fix you say work. I can't even rename my new ship and try that (somone said that might work).

So, are there no fixes that don't need resources?
Ensign
# 239 Another Issue please help
02-15-2013, 09:06 AM
I have another issue for some reason now since after update Im not able to take Temporal Ambassador on newly created KDF characters. ( I can still take quests on older characters that already have ran)

I just did a day before on a new character and was np, but I bought 2 new characters today and I cannot get the quest on either one. I talk to npc and she says " I have nothing more for you right now"

I tried to look over my steps on char I made the day before to see if I was missing a pre-requisite but I cant see anything I did differently.

Im new to game so perhaps I missed something I dont understand. If any one could verify this or help me out I would greatly appreciate. I would really like to get these ships on my new characters before the event ends. ty
Captain
# 240
02-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetaclear View Post
I have another issue for some reason now since after update Im not able to take Temporal Ambassador on newly created KDF characters. ( I can still take quests on older characters that already have ran)

I just did a day before on a new character and was np, but I bought 2 new characters today and I cannot get the quest on either one. I talk to npc and she says " I have nothing more for you right now"

I tried to look over my steps on char I made the day before to see if I was missing a pre-requisite but I cant see anything I did differently.

Im new to game so perhaps I missed something I dont understand. If any one could verify this or help me out I would greatly appreciate. I would really like to get these ships on my new characters before the event ends. ty
Your characters have to be Lvl 25 now to get the mission. It's in the latest patch notes.
Closed Thread