Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Community Moderator
# 241
02-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Moved to Bug Reports, where the devs who monitor such things will see it and take note of it.

Note: not actually game breaking, just frustrating and in need of fixing, judging from the workarounds above.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Ensign
# 242
02-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
Your characters have to be Lvl 25 now to get the mission. It's in the latest patch notes.

NVM I fixed its deeper in the quest line now tyvm

Last edited by thetaclear; 02-15-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 243
02-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Moved to Bug Reports, where the devs who monitor such things will see it and take note of it.

Note: not actually game breaking, just frustrating and in need of fixing, judging from the workarounds above.
There are those for whom the stated workarounds don't work. As in the many many pages of comments in the "can't slots boffs" thread. So yes, for those people...game breaking.
Survivor of Romulus
# 244
02-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Yup, but at the time of writing it looked pretty bad from my point of view.
Captain
# 245
02-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Having trouble getting my Bridge Officers on a new ship it just wont work. These bugs are really bad and need fixing ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 246
02-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
Yup, but at the time of writing it looked pretty bad from my point of view.
It's still pretty bad.
Lt. Commander
# 247
02-15-2013, 09:35 AM
IF there are cheap boffs on the exchange, you can buy them, drop them into your slots, then switch in your usual boffs and delete the new ones.

So far...

On two separate ships:

-From my own bridge, failed.
-From my engineering deck with ship selection open, failed on both.
-Transwarped to Earth Spacedock, failed in space on both.
-Earth Spacedock at ship selector with ship selection open, failed on both.
-Entered Mission Space, failed on one/worked on one.
-Bought new boffs from Exchange, slotted them then swapped in desired ones. Worked, one boff short of complete success due to lack of boffs for sale.

A new variation of the bug: I have 2 tacboff slots. One is always bugged at "NONE", but I can change which slot is bugged. I can swap boff1 to boff2 in slot1, then try to assign boff1 to slot2 whereupon boff1 appears in slot2 and slot1 changes states to "NONE and I can not assign a boff to the slot. I can reverse this at will. I can not get both slots full at the same time. (NOTE: as soon as I can find a new tacboff on the exchange I'll try that fix, I was one new tacboff short of using that fix)
Lieutenant
# 248
02-15-2013, 09:37 AM
If you haven't got this sorted out yet, there are a couple things you can try:

1. Try going into ship bridges and doing the assignment there. (Try every slot on both ship bridges.)
2. Try assigning bridge officers in all sorts of maps. Sol System, various sector spaces, and peaceful systems (orbit and starbase/planets) like Memory Alpha, Starbase 39, even try Wolf 359. In some places (Sol System for example) you can try changing instances. And keep on trying.

The first time I experienced the bug I managed to get my officers assigned going from my shuttle bridge in Sol System trying various maps on the way to (and into) Memory Alpha system. Of course, when I changed to another new ship, those same systems didn't work. But I did eventually get them assigned. Even if you are in a map you tried to use before, try it again. And like I said above, try putting someone in every slot on each map till that particular slot is full.
Survivor of Romulus
# 249
02-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
Thanks!

Now I got them in place again, but not by just visiting the bridge, that didn't work.

I swithed to the Odyssey - visited bridge and then were able to assign the stations for the Odyssey.

Then switched back to the Vesta (my regular ship), and visited the Shuttle bridge and managed to assign the Shuttle Officer.

Assigned the rest to their stations after leaving the shuttle bridge, phew..
Some additional info to my previous post that might help others:

I were on a station (DS9) by the Ship Selector and never docked/undocked when trying to fix this. I just used the interface below the minimap to transport directly to the bridges.

Also note that I had to visit the Shuttle Bridge and assign the Bridge Officer there before it finally worked on the Starship.
Ensign
# 250
02-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Wow, I got his bug very late last night and thankfully found this thread though I thought I'd wait until morning to post but lo and behold suddenly a few others have this issue as well yesterday/early today.

I hit lvl50 with my KDF character in my Kamaraq, then got a Marauder FDC and could not move any BOs. Dismissed the Kamarag, still no go. Found this thread, but I had to actually go to my shuttle-bridge to do the assigning. Later I found out I could also do it from my own main bridge. Doing the "Temporal Ambassador" mission again to retrieve my Kamarag Rf. I noticed I could actually change the BO's during the mission as well. But when I finished the mission, I could not and had to do the bridge shuffle again.

This thread was originally from late last year, and suddenly it resurrects today. Could there be something with yesterdays patch?

I've reported it as a bug as well through the in-game interface. Speaking of, whenever I do a search to see if a case has been reported before nothing pops up. No matter what I search for, so it's easy to report one bug several times through different people that way.

Anyway. I hope the programmers do fix this, soon[tm].
Closed Thread