Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 261
02-15-2013, 10:40 AM
This bug seems to affect your current ship or a new ship you are switching to. If the ship was one you already had, it seems to not be affected. I listened to someone in zone chat with one of my characters, went to the fleet system, and was able to assign bridge officers. Once I reached the correct level for the Tier IV ship, I switched to it, and experienced the same bridge officer issue. The catch is that none of the techniques others have found to work actually worked.
Lieutenant
# 262
02-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlik View Post
I have the same problem. I didn't do anything to trigger it -- 3 of my 5 bridge officer stations were empty upon logging in after the patch today. I've tried every combination of fixed people have mentioned in this thread, and nothing works: I can't fill these stations, nor can I fill stations on any other ship.

This must be fixed immediately; space combat is 100% unplayable with a bug of this magnitude. I have reported this bug using both the in-game and website interfaces (ticket #130214-000556), for all the good that ever does.
Update on my own situation:

I re-opened STO again yesterday a couple hours after making this post, decided to go through the various fixes again to see if I missed anything. First, I verified that I was still unable to assign boffs when on ESD or in Sol System. Second, I decided to go back to the fleet starbase system since that seems to have the highest success rate on this thread.

Going to the fleet starbase system (not on board the starbase itself) worked, and I was able to assign boffs to all bridge stations.

I know I had tried to assign the boffs in several locations including the fleet starbase, but it didn't work the first time. It's possible that I made the attempt only inside the starbase instead of outside, but I'm 99% certain I tried both; given this, it might have been exiting and re-starting the game that enabled this fix to work in my case.

So, if you're still unable to assign boffs even in the fleet starbase system, try exiting the game, re-starting it, and going back to the fleet starbase system to try again.
Ensign
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajddominion View Post
This bug seems to affect your current ship or a new ship you are switching to. If the ship was one you already had, it seems to not be affected. I listened to someone in zone chat with one of my characters, went to the fleet system, and was able to assign bridge officers. Once I reached the correct level for the Tier IV ship, I switched to it, and experienced the same bridge officer issue. The catch is that none of the techniques others have found to work actually worked.
As ya said, i was in the enterprise c ship and testing out my omega Mk XII gear and my fleet phaser in it. then the patch came and i got done testing and i love the galaxy x and fly it as my main toon ship since he an engineer. Well now i am stuck in the enterprise c ship and when i try some of other fixes, it didnt work. My sci toon is stuck in the enterprise c ship too since i see what it could do as a ship and my tac i never unpack to test it since i he tac in an exsort ship. so now the only toon i have that not mess up is my tac, all others are stuck in the last ship which was the enterprise c ship
Ensign
# 264
02-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoxiaon View Post
Many of my contacts have had issues getting this to work. The following repro steps have *worked* for everyone encountering this issue:

Go into sector space
Swap instances
Go to your primary ship's bridge
Press U -> Click Stations
Select the first bridge slot and select any BOff. Do *not* reselect "None".
If this does not work, redo these steps and select the first *Universal* bridge slot and select any BOff.

Six people so far who have been unable to get BOff slotting to work were able to resolve the issue doing this. The fleet starbase trick worked for a couple others as well, but not the players mentioned above.

These steps worked for me. thx!!
Ensign
# 265 Bridge officer problem?
02-15-2013, 11:48 AM
Ok so I can't seem to assign my bridge officers to my new ship since the new update . Can anyone help?
I use to use a Heavy Cruiser but can't select the NONE tab to unassign Boffs from their stations. Now that I am lvl 30 I have a new ship I can't assign my old Boffs to the new stations. All I can do is assign my new ensign Boff.
Anyone else having this problem?
Ensign
# 266
02-15-2013, 11:49 AM
There is the possibility of discharging all my Boffs and getting new ones but I'm not quite there yet...
Survivor of Romulus
# 267
02-15-2013, 11:57 AM
if u have problem to re-assign ur boffs to station just go to any space mission then re-assign them to slots and just depart - exit .... and they will be in slots this solve my problem
Ensign
# 268
02-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plotacourse View Post
Any ideas what a KDF can do?

I have tried changing ships, changing instances, changing systems, and going to my Bridge -- all with no effect other than causing me more frustration.
I am not in a Fleet and I have no desire to join one.
I don't have a shuttle and I have no desire, nor funds, to buy one.
In those latter cases I should not have to either join something I don't want to join, or spend money I don't have to spend, in order to workaround a bug that is no fault of mine and should have been fixed already. It's been more than 25 hours since it was brought to light and that is 25 hours too long.

The game is unplayable without a Bridge crew -- unless I get my kicks from having the virtual living crap kicked out of me because I don't have all the abilities I should have -- and I don't get my kicks that way.
Addendum to my last post: I spent some time warping backwards and forwards between the Nimbus Sector of the Tau Dewa Block and the Hromi Sector of the Pi Canis Block, each time trying to assign BOff's. Eventually I was able to do so but it is the most Godawful workaround that it has ever been my displeasure to have to attempt.
Seriously, this is just beyond a joke.
Oh and incidentally, I just love the way we are kept updated -- not!
Ensign
# 269
02-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Thanks that worked .
A bit annoying that it has to be done that way but ah well.
Ensign
# 270
02-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Came back to the game on Monday after a long hiatus, as my brother had tried out STO the week previous for the first time and dragged me back in with his enthusiasm.

*Monday Day 1: Re-install and log in. MY KDF Lvl 23 toon cannot buy skill-ups. No biggie though, because the 3rd anniversary mission is kinda of a push over anyway. Create ticket and new Fed toon. And then find out KDF start at 20 now... all that grinding for nothing :'(

*Tuesday Day 2-3: Get lag issue with 3rd anniversary mission which causes mission to reset back to maintenance conduits. Read forums to figure out why. This happens for both toons once each. Le sigh, but not the end of the world.

*Thursday Day 4: Valentines Day. More important things to do.

*Friday Day 5: Log in quickly this morning to find my issue with the KDF toon resolved after the patch. Huzzah! But my bridge officers are now locked out ship of slots for both toons. I haven't had a chance to try any fixes yet since I am at the office.

All I will say is that this has not been the greatest first impression made by PWE.

Last edited by kwatchi; 02-15-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Closed Thread