Closed Thread

Ensign
# 311
02-16-2013, 11:47 AM
so this is still broke? and i was going to get a jem ship too
Career Officer
# 312 This worked for me
02-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Returned to Azure Nebula (where the problem began). Went to the Bridge, then the ready room - bing. resloted the Boffs. Call me superstitous
Ensign
# 313
02-16-2013, 12:11 PM
just got hit with this bug today, tried switching ships, zoning, reloging, even renaiming my ship (i read that that would fix it). nothing helped, so now I can use 2 out of 5 officer slots
Career Officer
# 314
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
You know, the fact that this bug is still active after more than 48 hours is annoying enough. Actually, it is more than annoying for some players who are unable to assign BOff's no matter what they try.
But what is really annoying is that nobody can be bothered to keep us updated. Are they trying to fix it? Or maybe, given that the extension of the Anniversary Event and the alteration of the Temporal Ambassador criteria seem to have caused it, they'll just make us suffer through the weekend until the Event is finally over, or should that be possibly over? The Event should never have been extended in the first place, in my opinion. It had run its 2 week course and should have ended when it was originally scheduled to, and then maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament. But hindsight is all well and good and doesn't help matters now. Still, a word from those who are, I hope, involved in resolving effectively game breaking bug would be nice.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Ensign
# 315
02-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Going to the shipyard and using the shuttle slots worked for me. I couldn't assign my SBOff, but after individually assigning each of my officers to the universal BOff station of my shuttle allowed them to be assigned to the ship. Most likely, it seems as if assigning them to the shuttle uni slot somehow "reflags" them for use/station assignment. Hope this helps someone.

Best.
Captain
# 316
02-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Some dude in my fleet had this last night, messed around with everything imaginable for 45 minutes, couldn't get any of the "fixes" to work, then quit.

Thanks a bunch.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Ensign
# 317 Go to your Bridge
02-16-2013, 12:38 PM
I was able to slot them once I went to my bridge.
Career Officer
# 318
02-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohki View Post
Going to the shipyard and using the shuttle slots worked for me. I couldn't assign my SBOff, but after individually assigning each of my officers to the universal BOff station of my shuttle allowed them to be assigned to the ship. Most likely, it seems as if assigning them to the shuttle uni slot somehow "reflags" them for use/station assignment. Hope this helps someone.

Best.
This seems to be a reasonably effective workaround. The only flaw with it is that you need to have a shuttle or a ship with a uni slot. Low level players, especially those who are not able to, or are unwilling to, spend money in the game, are unlikely to have a shuttle. So for those players, and for brand new players entering the game to find themselves unable to assign their very first BOff's, the game is -- well, a lemon.

The developers need to address this flaw now before they lose a large part of their players, both existing and potential.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Ensign
# 319
02-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Here is a work around that worked every time for me....go to the bridge of your ship set the bridge officers in their slots.....I have had this happen 3 times so far and this fix's it every time....
Lieutenant
I submitted a ticket on this issue 4 hours ago and I've had no response. I'm still waiting on a response.

I changed to my small craft to change it's coloring. I then switched back to my main starship and found that only 2 positions were filled. I have not been able to fill in any of the other positions. I tried switching back to my small craft and that didn't help. I tried changing the positions that are filled in and that didn't help. I switched back to my main ship and dropped the small craft and that didn't help. I can't play this character without being able to assign bridge officers to positions.
Closed Thread