Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 361
02-17-2013, 09:04 AM
No, the workaround doesn't always work. I've been sitting with gimped ships since the 2-14 patch.

Are we actually a part of some psychological study to see how much frustration the human condition can deal with before they /ragequit?
Ensign
# 362
02-17-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacheone5565 View Post
fOR ALL THOSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM CHANGE MAP INSTANCE ONE TO TWO TIMES THIS CORRECTS PROBLEM. TRYIT
Not always. Typing in caps makes you look like a jerk, being wrong in caps makes you a dumb jerk. The fix that worked for me was going to the bridge. It's worth noting I also changed sectors first, so I'm unsure if this contributed to the temp fix.
Lieutenant
# 363
02-17-2013, 11:01 AM
It's really too bad that this bug hasn't been resolved during the weekend, but I'm not surprised.

Can't slot any bridge officers. Neither can my wife. We can't play. Since we came back just for the third anniversary event to see the improvements, I guess you could say that this leaves a rather unappealing impression on how things have changed.

We've tried switching instances, logging out, going to Memory Alpha, visiting the ship's bridge, buying a shuttle, getting new bridge officers (which worked for that one bridge officer, but I can't replace my favorites with an all new set just for this bug) ... we've tried every dance that's suggested in these 36 pages (except warping to the fleet starbase since we aren't in a fleet), and none of them have worked.

Basic game functions have been impaired by recent changes, but I suspect most developer interest is focused on generating new sources of revenue.
Ensign
# 364
02-17-2013, 11:10 AM
It sure would be nice if this would get fixed. Both of my Fed characters got the new Ambassador refit, but I can't do anything with them since the bridge is locked up. Have tried changing maps, changing ships, nothing works. I realize this is free-to-play, but right now it's "no play". Get with it devs.
Captain
# 365
02-17-2013, 11:25 AM
I've tried all the "fixes" suggested in this thread and nothing works.

To say that the devs at Cryptic have proven just how amazingly incompetent they are is a massive understatement.

Update: I flew to the Risa system, beamed down and was finally able to assign boffs. Devs are still incompetent for adding this ridiculously bad coding in the first place.

Last edited by tinkerstorm; 02-17-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Captain
# 366
02-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Going to the bridge worked for me.
Ensign
# 367
02-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Got promoted to Captain last night - new ship, couldn't slot. Tried a couple of things, then found the suggestion somewhere to slot your bridge officers into and then back out of a universal slot (like on a shuttle), and then I was able to assign them properly. I realize that won't help anyone who doesn't have a shuttle - but it DID work when several other suggestions (visit Bridge, leave sector, change them from inside the shuttle, etc) didn't.
Commander
# 368
02-17-2013, 11:50 AM
I just got a new ship and had the same problem. I went to several sector blocks, but still couldn't get it done. I finally went to a cluster and then went directly to the bridge (didn't do anything else first) and finally got the stations set.
Starfleet Veteran
# 369
02-17-2013, 11:52 AM
I literally logged on today, and right away I noticed my attack panel and bridge officer panel were both missing. I've tried to change ships, that doesn't change it and when I do change ships I can't assign any bridge officers. Then I tried unequipting my bridge officers and putting them back in their slots and that didn't work either. I logged onto my other characters and everything is fine with all of them. The panels are their and bridge officers are working, so it's just my main that isn't working properly.
Career Officer
# 370
02-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Well now, I still had four 'toons that I had been unable to assign BOff's with.
With two of them I beamed to my ship and entered Sector space, then I changed instance and boarded my Bridge ... that way I was able to assign BOff's to two of my 'toons. This didn't work for three and four so, with three, after the Bridge failed I left the Bridge and flew to Delta Volanis Cluster -- it didn't help -- so I entered a random system in that Cluster, killed a Klingon ship that was lurking just inside the system, and then assigned my BOff's.
Number four, unfortunately, is still without BOff's as nothing at all seems to be helping there.

It has been over 74 hours since this particular bug hit. This is unrealistic, it should have been fixed the day it happened. I really do not care that this is effectively a holiday weekend in the US. A service has been offered and, by many, paid for so we deserve that service!
Hell, nobody can even be bothered keeping us updated about the progress that has, or hasn't, or is, or isn't, been made.

I am totally disgusted at this cavalier treatment of a loyal player base!
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Closed Thread