Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Commander
# 441
02-18-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelteigue View Post
Not everyone can afford to buy a small ship/shuttle and nor should they. There should be no need to pay money to assign BOff's. This is another way for Cryptic to line their coffers with our cash. The longer they leave the bug in place the more people will buy unnecessary ships to help assign their BOff's.
Would you please complain somewhere else. I mentioned a fix that worked for me. Cost is 34k for a shuttle.

We obviously should not have to buy anything to try to work around a bug. Stating the obvious is kinda pointless. As is your disclaimer.

Last edited by dragonsbite; 02-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Rihannsu
# 442
02-18-2013, 01:57 PM
I got this as well, tried the zone to every new map I could find, didn't work. Even tried logging out and back in, didn't work.

What did work was to commission a new bridge officer, one for each slot I had. The new officer went into the BO slot, and then I could change it out for the BOFFs that I had there, but I had to do this for every slot. I couldn't get one Eng BOFF for all the Eng slots.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 443
02-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post
Would you please complain somewhere else. I mentioned a fix that worked for me. Cost is 34k for a shuttle.

We obviously should not have to buy anything to try to work around a bug. Stating the obvious is kinda pointless. As is your disclaimer.
Umm, where else would you like me to complain? Incidentally, the fix that worked for you has already been posted in this thread so repeating it is, in your words, kinda pointless.

As for the 'disclaimer' -- well, that is a signature. It is an attempt at humor. You do understand humor, I trust?

Whether you do or not, I can't be bothered arguing with you so let me just wish you a pleasant and safe visit to Star Trek Online.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Career Officer
# 444 Solution found for all my toons
02-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Lost slotting of Boffs on all my toons after Temporal Ambasador mission. I tried several of the solutions posted in haphard manor (angry mode). What worked for me was starting with the primary toon and going to the bridge to reslot while in sector space (Tau Dewa sector block). I then tried other toons in ESD and other sectors, but they did not slot. ESD, Sirius sector, and Alpha Centauri didn't reslot on the bridge. (other sectors -DK) Resloted all the remaining toons in Regulus or Tau Dewa while on the Bridge. PS - may be key starting with primary toon.
Republic Veteran
# 445
02-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybuck View Post
I had this problem, with my ship from ambassador mission as KDF, other ships had no problembs.

In the Galdara-station.
After chosing the new ship with the problem, i went to my ships interior, received an update(patch) than I set on my captains seat, and tried to put my bridge officers on their places, and this time it worked.

So perhaps they patched it, i will try it now with my Fed. toon.
After trying every suggestion I had come across in this thread to no avail, this fix worked for me. For those without access to a starbase [like me], I'd suggest visiting your starship bridge and trying it from there.
Career Officer
# 446
02-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes, this is VERY annoying. Please fix ASAP. Can't change Boffs, AND/OR can't fill EMPTY slots! Cryptic you sure do find new and interesting ways to screw things up!
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Ensign
# 447 Fix that has not been mentioned
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
After trying everything under the stars, I finally found a fix that worked for me. Hopefully this will help those who have tried everything else with no success.

In the top right hand corner, at the top of the minimap is the name of your current map with a # next to it. Click on it and change your instance. Simple as that. Give it a shot, hope this helps someone.

Live long and prosper!
Captain
# 448
02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowthorne View Post
After trying everything under the stars, I finally found a fix that worked for me. Hopefully this will help those who have tried everything else with no success.

In the top right hand corner, at the top of the minimap is the name of your current map with a # next to it. Click on it and change your instance. Simple as that. Give it a shot, hope this helps someone.

Live long and prosper!
Good grief ... please don't make it this simple!!

I mean, I hope its this simple

I'll try to post here what works for me ... when I get to my gaming comp later.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 449
02-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Yup, I cant assign any space officers.
Ensign
# 450
02-18-2013, 06:49 PM
After the Temporal Ambassador mission, behind I get the Support Cruiser Retrofit, I did a "cleanner" in my Ships slots, discarding my first and second ships.

Then, I get the Cruiser, and try assign BOFF to stations, but it?s fail. After, I changed for the old ship, and it?s fail too.

Now, I don?t assign any BOFF to any stations, in all ships.

Does anyone know the fix for it?
Closed Thread