Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
# 501
02-20-2013, 02:00 AM
I was having the same problem on one of my chars right after the Temporal Ambassador mission.

I tried many of the proposed fixes like changing maps ships with little luck.

In the end going to a mission in Delta Volanis Fixed it for me.
I assume that you must be the only one in a Map or Zone in order for the workaround to work.

Hope I helped somebody that is stuck with this like I was.
Commander
# 502 Unable to slot Bridge Officers
02-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Okay seriously!? This problem is extremely annoying, whatever you guys are doing please hurry the heck up and fix the problem...how can anyone new even play the game if they cannot slot bridge officers!?
Career Officer
# 503
02-20-2013, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Just a heads up for everyone--we'll probably have a build on Tribble later today that ought to fix the inability to slot Bridge Officers.
Better late than never. I hope the fix doesn't involve dismissing your ship and reclaiming it. We have quite a lot of ships now that you can't easily do that with.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 504
02-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Hey, saw that some ppl post some more stuff since last night. Dont know if any one of u tried/posted what im bout to poast but...

Think i found some ways to remove this bug. Some ppl say u can try and change ur ship, for me it worked, but i had a terrible secondary ship, so it wasnt worth trying that. But after i tried some more ways, and still non worked. I went to startbase 24 the instance, and in there the bug was gone. After i finished i saw the BOFFs were still there. So thats one way to remove this bug. Or some fleet mates said that u can try and go to ur bridge and add ur BOFFs from there.

Hope it will help. GL!
Lieutenant
# 505
02-20-2013, 04:35 AM
Started new alt. completed starter missions on qo'nos, can't slot bridge officers to ship. Doesnt work for c store ships. I can change boffs on the starter Bird of Prey, but all slots are not filled and I cant slot the empty seat.

Tried slotting while in space and ground, also tried changing zones. None made a difference.
Koopa27 -X-treme
Ensign
# 506
02-20-2013, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoch View Post
That is really encouraging that you have found a work around for you. But at what lvl do you get access to a shuttle? I'm currently lvl 25 and no ships I can use can support a shuttle to the best of my knowledge. Good to know that one day I might have a workaround though.

Regards,

Rhynoch
You buy shuttles from the shipyard requisition officer. A Danube class costs a little over 34,000 ec, and the rest, other than the Captains Yacht and the Class F shuttle, cost 500 zen each. The Class F is part of The Original Series bundle from the C-store for 2000 zen and the Captains Yacht requires a shuttle requisition authorization. The Delta Flyer (500 zen) is probably not the best shuttle for this workaround as it has two BOff slots, only one of which is Universal. I believe that in some cases the none Universal slot can passively interfere with the workaround.

Anyway, I guess that if you don't want to spend real money, and you have been able to accumulate enough ec, you'll be better off with the Danube class.

Your starship doesn't 'support' a shuttle, the shuttle is a ship in its own right. You can 'equip' one starship and one shuttle at a time and access both from your character status pages.

Personally I think it is ludicrous that you should have to buy a shuttle to workaround a bug that should never have come about and should have been fixed already given that today is the sixth day of the bug (and that is six days too long) and I refuse to do so. I'll wait until Cryptic decides to fix it although the longer I wait the closer I come to being an ex-member (along with, I don't doubt, many others). So it's in Cryptic's best interests to fix this bug as soon as possible before they find themselves guilty of business suicide.

Last edited by karatrill; 02-20-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Career Officer
# 507
02-20-2013, 04:43 AM
It had better not, my bug ship was one of the affected.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Ensign
# 508 wtf?!?!?
02-20-2013, 06:10 AM
All was well and then boom!
1st. i couldnt ready my armitage and had to discard and get a new one.
2nd. I COULDNT SLOT ANY OFFICERS FOR IT!!
If it was a ship i had long outgrown then so what...but i bought that ship WITH REAL MONEY, plz fix soon.
Ensign
# 509
02-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Not sure if this was posted already.. but I just went to my ships bridge and was able to assign boffs to stations from there.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!
Ensign
# 510
02-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Confirm that going to my bridge worked for me.
Closed Thread