Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Hi,

there is an annoying issue with Mine Enemy that causes quite a few people to hit the wall there.

In short: some people can not set rally points at all. After they reach the mine and scan the camp, the need to occupy both pressure plates to advance. But sans rally points this is impossible for Science and tactical officers (engineers can just place a turret on the second plate). So they are stuck there.

The root problem here is key binding. Basically, to set a rally point one must use the LeftClick function in its default binding to set it. But, once LeftClick has been rebound in the UI - ever - there is no way to set it back to the default again, since that default is not available in the UI as an option. When you remove your binding in the UI, the UI sets LeftClick to "" (i.e. the null command) - which certainly is NOT its default.

So if somebody ever remapped LeftClick via the UI, he can not complete Mine Enemy.

At least not without resorting to key remapping commands in the chat window.

The solution I found is
# First, save your key settings
# the unbind them all

/bind_save_file mykeybinds.txt
/unbind_all

# Now you have default key mappings. So then go and do the
# pressure plate thing. I tested that with a Klingon Science
# officer - you should be able to set rally points now with all
# kinds of characters.

# When you have activated the pressure plates successfully and
# found the hidden door, tab out of the game, find your mykeybinds.txt
# file, and open it in Notepad.
# Change any settings that assign the value "(null)" to ""

# The tab back into the gake, and do

/bind_load_file mykeybinds.txt

# Now you have your previous key bindings back.

@Cryptic: Forum Posts to the contrary notwithstanding - many people don't use the command key binding interface, but just rely on your UI. Designing a mission that can be uncompletable for such players is definitely a bug and should be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Ridiculous
10-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I came across this error today. It's been six months since it popped up and Cryptic hasn't fixed it?

Unbelievable
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalkirts View Post
I came across this error today. It's been six months since it popped up and Cryptic hasn't fixed it?

Unbelievable
You can just use shooter mode to set the rally point. It's only a work around but it works for all those missions where rally points are required.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-24-2011, 02:31 PM
there is a button on the UI itself you can utilize....you dont need a keybind
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Wrong, that doesnīt work either.

And yes, I have stupidly played around with my left click keybindings like the OP describes.
Will try again a 3rd time when Iīm calmed down again, as on my 1st try this buggy POC mission didnīt correctly count the killed Roms either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 12:41 PM
If you can't set a way point it's usually because you've altered the key bind to confirm the waypoint. For some reason if you assign another ability to that key you can't bind the confirmation anywhere else but if you select the waypoint option (it's like a little down arrow with a ellipse beneath it) then go to shooter mode you'll be able to confirm the waypoint where you want it.
I have to do this myself as I run several other abilities off the mouse buttons so can't use the usual button there but this workaround definitely works.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Iīll keep the shooter mode workaround in mind. Though I could set waypoints without problem in the Devidian series, when I had my full complement of BOFFs with me.

I fiddled with those key binds before my break way back in 2010 and also had the problem of not being able to "look around" with left-click anymore. Couldnīt find the proper key bind for that either.

Now after the standard reset everything works OK again.
Reset was way overdue anyway, have to figure out how to properly set up my Belkin n52te.
Commander
# 8
06-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Two years later, still the same problem.

Many many thanks to the OP, I was going crazy trying to figure it out, and his solution worked perfectly, effortlessly the first time.

---post above is o1derfull1's---

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 06-18-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Closed Thread