Commander
Here's the specs I'm running....the game worked perfectly LAST NIGHT. Speed, graphics, etc. before Season 7 last night. I cannot play the game any longer as I get several flashes from a black screen, then a complete freeze of the computer, then the blue screen of death telling me the computer needs to shut down.

The computer functions perfectly. But the game (after Season 7 today, is unplayable). After 20 seconds or so the screen starts flickering then the game freezes. I just updated drivers.---that's not the problem. My computer is barely 1 year old. Can someone please help??? Otherwise I'm going to be forced to quit the game. Anyone who's technically incline, please help!!!

Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1

Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire X3950
Processor: Intel Core i3 CPU 550
@3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed Memory: 6.00 GB

System Type 64-bit Operating System

Intel Integrated HD Graphics
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif

Last edited by paragon92518; 11-13-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
11-13-2012, 10:25 PM
I am having a similar if not identical problem to yours... i have tried everything me and a few fleetmate of mine can think of to get me back up again, as a precaution i would make sure your Directx and Vidcard drivers are all up to date and do a dxdiag dump. I will update if we figure it out before ya, thinkin we are close to solving this problem.

*edit* might as well drop my DXDIAG here... we are running the same basic machine yours is just shinier than mine.

dxdiag

Last edited by idonotlikethis; 11-13-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-13-2012, 10:44 PM
exact same issue, nearly same specs. slightly less ram and a Toshiba satellite.
Commander
# 4
11-14-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idonotlikethis View Post
I am having a similar if not identical problem to yours... i have tried everything me and a few fleetmate of mine can think of to get me back up again, as a precaution i would make sure your Directx and Vidcard drivers are all up to date and do a dxdiag dump. I will update if we figure it out before ya, thinkin we are close to solving this problem.

*edit* might as well drop my DXDIAG here... we are running the same basic machine yours is just shinier than mine.

dxdiag
When you mention that you are close to fixing the problem, since so many players are experiencing it, wouldn't the problem be coming from STO, not the computer of...all of us players?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Ensign
# 5 And another casualty
11-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Yeap, I was playing season 6 STF's fine for a long time till season 7 and my intel graphics driver crashed repeatedly. Thinking it was a corrupted file, I installed the latest driver but to no avail.

I am going to try to log a support ticket. Hopefully it won't crashed before I click [submit].
Career Officer
# 6
11-14-2012, 09:46 AM
it is most definitely S7 related... seems they did something that makes integrated intel HD graphics cards crash... hopefully somebody will figure out a fix for this insanity.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Same problem here too. Tried force verifying and everything and it still does it.
Lieutenant
# 8
11-14-2012, 10:12 AM
It did the same to me too, they better fix this because I want to do new romulus!
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n337/lightspeedpurple/Star%20Trek/PhoXo27.png
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Have Cryptic even posted for this problem (mind you theyd probably lie lol)???????

This is not a players machine it is with the game.

My game is fine but my two friends i play with have this error, sometimes it reports a differant error.

Maybe if we pay them more cash theyd fix this problem, i think there must be alot of players with this problem as i know two myself.
Ensign
# 10
11-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Same problem here. I was having the issue on tribble as well