Ensign
# 101 Star Trek?
11-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I Love Star Trek

http://startrek.com
Career Officer
# 102
11-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Sorry Dan/Brandon/other devs, I can only see you for what you really are now, a bunch of lying stealth nerfers.

I will never play your still bugged and worthless fleet actions, and where are the fleet marks that were meant to be rewarded for doing Borg and Romulan story missions as said there would be by Dan Stahl, the man that cant?

You remove the only thing worth doing stfs for, Dilithium, And no, Omega marks are not enough as are Bnp's not enough to warrant still getting one shotted by your buggy invisible plasma torps...

Guess what, you just made my entire fleet say stuff the Omega Rep system, we aint doing it......
Career Officer
# 103
11-13-2012, 11:55 PM
To the Dev's,
I ask one question for you all.

WHAT ARE YOU ALL SMOKING?

This dev blog makes no sense, you start off saying we don't refine enough Ore per day, so you are removing the Ore from STF's will help with that how? How can I build a star base earning less Ore then before, you change the cost of projects after my fleet gets them done, but we still have billions of Ore to earn to finish the projects for the base now the embassy and you say we don't refine enough so you take ore from the stfs which fleets need to get them done makes no logical sense, I know for one no one in my fleet had a issue with you lowering the ore to 960 for elite like you said you would but then you remove it all together. I get a feeling all you guys and girls do over there is talk and look at numbers but you all clearly forgot how to do math, if we are not refining enough a day don't strip the STF's of ore they are end game fleet activities, and do count as time played in game, I barley make enough dil a month to donate to projects as it is and you make it just that much harder.

Looks like they don't want this game to last anymore, if you want to end the game and focus all your time to neverwinter just say so stop abusing us loyal players we don't need this we need to be rewarded for the work we do in game, we Lvl 50's keep you in your jobs, I know I spent a ton of cash well over 5,000 on this game over the last 3 years but that is all done for and for everyone in my fleet, DEV's listen to us your employers and return the dil to the stfs, those are end game content, we get no xp for them, no more drops nothing but omega marks which I for one dont need as im full mk12 elite on all my toons, and those bnp are a joke 10 for 1,000 dil is a slap in the face. YOU ARE TRYING TO DISTROY THIS GAME. You are doing a good job with it, SW:TOR goes ftp in just days guess thats were my money is going to go till you FIX THIS, you screw us true 1,000 day vets and now this you must as devs hate working and making money.

R'C, Icarus Commander.
IcarusElite.org @rf93

***IcarusElite.org***R'C, 1 of 3, Dr. Bellet(FED)-Pal'Kin, Lihop, Casya(KDF) LVL 50.***Jan '08 Account I EARNED my 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! LTS = Death to Vet. System: 10/10/12 Never Forget Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
# 104
11-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Sorry Dan/Brandon/other devs, I can only see you for what you really are now, a bunch of lying stealth nerfers.

I will never play your still bugged and worthless fleet actions, and where are the fleet marks that were meant to be rewarded for doing Borg and Romulan story missions as said there would be by Dan Stahl, the man that cant?

You remove the only thing worth doing stfs for, Dilithium, And no, Omega marks are not enough as are Bnp's not enough to warrant still getting one shotted by your buggy invisible plasma torps...

Guess what, you just made my entire fleet say stuff the Omega Rep system, we aint doing it......
Eh. You don't need STFs for the Omega system. Just do other Borg content for Omega Marks.

Omega rep works just fine without even touching STFs. Which makes STFs all the more irrelevant.
Lieutenant
# 105
11-14-2012, 12:13 AM
With some STF runs when converting prototype salvages and datachips into dilithium ore, 3000-5000 ore an stf wasn't uncommon, now 5 runs to get 1000. This is definitely not making it easier for people to get ore to refine. STF missions also don't have the drops for EC which makes them even less appealing. Omega reputation is pretty much pointless for people that played previous seasons and have complete XII sets. STF's basically just hit the bucket in S7.
Starfleet Veteran
# 106
11-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Why are there so many people not understanding the dev blog?

I mean, really, people. It is not less dilithium, it is just aquired a bit differently. Calm down.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 107
11-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Point 2, certain activities were paying "above and beyond" the "desired" pay-rate, I can get down with... I envisioned 1440 per 20 min - 4320/hour (E-STF payouts) as the "maximum" rate, and 2880/hour as the "base" rate (running a 1440-wrapper in 1/2 hour) - and saw the "double B'Tran payout" of 2880 for .25 hour, or the "abuse-a-foundry"'s 1440 /.1 hour as wrong in the system.

Then I get hit with the "cold truth" of S7, that Cryptic doesn't like 4320/hour, heck, they don't even like 2880/hour, they want 2000/hour.

Which runs afoul of one of Cryptic's "big advertisements" of S7 and the thrust of this blog - being "casual player friendly". I vaguely remember that the goal of the reputation system is to advance it "full speed" with only 3x 1 hour sessions a week...

With that said, once kitted out with Mk XI (baseline) equipment (ground STF set or full loadout of Mk XI [borg] guns with a space STF set), the "Elite STF" option is "opened" up, making this sound like fun, with my "average" 3.5 hours/day, I could spend 1 of them on the "mark of the day" for reputation advancement and 2 more maxing out my Dilithium income - leaving me .5 hours/day for DOffing / chatting / admiring scenery / (re)playing an episode / fleet advancement / whatever. Under the blog's time management, I can't even max dilithium in my "average" 3.5 hours/day, nevermind trying to advance reputation / end-game gear... Unless there's some hidden desire to get me to play 5+ hours/day and give up my life outside of work - which I can't see as there isn't any advertising in STO (Jetsons-style bulletin boards? Nope. Product placement - such as a Pepsi logo on my replicator or drinking Monster Energy Drinks instead of Tea, Earl Grey, Hot on the bridge? Nope.) and the more time I spend in-game is more drain on the servers/bandwidth...

You really want to make dilithium "more plentiful" outside of E-STFs? Increase the average payout rate from 2k/hour to 3200/hour, at this rate, the "average" 3.5 hour day can get their hour of "mark of the day" in and max refining within their 3.5 hour window. 3200/hour still "too much" for the lifeless that play STO 16 hours/day? Then shoot for, say, 2300/hour (8,000 over 3.5 hours) spread 1,500/hour from "mark giving activities" and 2,600 hour from dilithium-only activities. Leave E-STFs at 3,500/hour, giving the truly skilled/elite a reason to get that skilled in the first place.

Heck, just shoot for 1,000 from "mark giving" activities and 2,500 from "dilithium only" activities, this would still drive some increase in play time while allowing casual players to get much higher than 13,000+/week...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Career Officer
# 108
11-14-2012, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Why are there so many people not understanding the dev blog?

I mean, really, people. It is not less dilithium, it is just aquired a bit differently. Calm down.
The point is not dilithium for me.

It's that I'm not getting a good sales pitch for why I should do STFs.
Captain
# 109
11-14-2012, 12:17 AM
... Did we not just have several weeks of testing on Tribble to provide feedback for just this sort of change? Were we not told that STFs would still grant ~950 dilithium a run?

How can you expect us to trust you, and as a result *want* to work with you to support this game, if you're as deceptive here as you have been? Frankly Cryptic suck on this one.
Lt. Commander
# 110
11-14-2012, 12:18 AM
One of the few strong parts of STO used to be that it had basically no grind and a very low gear threshold for endgame content/pvp. You have done your best to remove this advantage.

So you saw that players were earning less dilithium than expected and therefore decided to nerf dilithium rewards on some missions?

And if you really expect it to take 4h/day to get 8k dil, then you don't want players to maintain multiple characters?

Could we maybe please remove all this moneygrabbing grind and go back to monthly subs? Afterall dstahl kept telling us that STO was financially viable back then with a subscription model. Monthly subs mean that you want us to have fun and keep playing so you earn money. F2P grind means that you want to make stuff so tedious that we get annoyed and skip the grind by getting our wallet.