Commander
# 141
11-14-2012, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post

So i logged in today. I took a look at my twelve characters like i do everyday.
I noticed the nice yellow box all of them add in their inventory.
I noticed Duty Officers upgrading prices are now higher.
I noticed after a STF that i got no Dilithium and no random blue/purple items...
I joined a Fleet Action. No one was talking, all was chaos. No teamplay. But we still get 1400 Dilithium for doing something INCREDIBLY STUPID AND BORING.

Sorry... I can't and won't accept this. My wallet is now closed.
Grinding is boring. I want to feel like a Fed/Klingon spacetraveller. An not like a chinese fabric worker -.-

Starbase 24 is nice, fast and chaotic. But nothing I want to do for 5times in a row just to gain my 8000 Dill.

And Cryptic: F**K Y** over your information politic. Really... I'm glad that I didn't spend any money on the lifetime sale. And I won't spend any money on the vesta until I see what your are doing with Season 8.
Career Officer
# 142
11-14-2012, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by waarder View Post
Can someone please tell my why people complain so much, but still play?
If you dont like it, go and play an other mmo
if you dont like it but like the came to much. Suck it up and Shut your.....

90% of all forum posts are complaints. I can imagine the dev's dont like it that much. and just stoped listening. i would do the same if i was a dev..

If you want people to help you, be a littlebit more relaxed and give tips. dont burn down the house.
be careful what you wish for - if they drive players who were paying off; you won't have this game to play anymore - they'll put it in maintenance mode like their currently failing big time 'Champions Online' MMO.
^^^
And why is that one failing? A lot of unkept promises and outright lies from the Dev team to the playerbase - much like what DStahl did to the STO playerbase whe n you compare what was stated in his latest State of the Game Blog - compared to Season 7 Blog #17 - where he not only contradicts himself multiple times; but also shows he outright LIED in the State of the Game blog.

I've played this game since the second week of closed beta way back in October of 2009 - but after this latest round of 'Daniel Stahl said stuff' which yet again was misleading and untrue' - I'm finally so sick of Cryptic's utter incompetence (especially in what they call their QA dept.) - I'm at the point I think I finally want to move on as well.

I really wish I didn't have to wait 3 years for Chris Robert's 'Star Citizen' at this point.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Survivor of Romulus
# 143
11-14-2012, 01:46 AM
Wow... just wow...

To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd: "What the F... were they thinking ???"

Oh, we were not meeting our daily dil cap, so you in your inifinte wisdom (or great lack thereof) decide to remove dil rewards from STF's, wich is probably some of the most played content in the game, and move the dil to crappy fleet actions...

Yeah, that makes sense... NOT!!

You do not remove various sources of income, and expect us to play something the majrity does not even like...

I am speechless.

WTG, WTG.....
Ensign
# 144
11-14-2012, 01:55 AM
these changes dont give the players more chances to get dili - it makes it worse to get it
cryptic want us only to buy zen and then to convert it
time to move on
Survivor of Romulus
# 145
11-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armitas View Post
these changes dont give the players more chances to get dili - it makes it worse to get it
cryptic want us only to buy zen and then to convert it
time to move on
You don't "convert" Zen to Dilithium. You trade it with other players. Cryptic does not earn anything from that.

Could everyone just lean back and think for a moment... do you play the game for the Dilithium? No, you play it for entertainment. Dilithium is just a tiny part of the game.

Besides, to me it looks as if it will actually be easier to get Dilithium by doing the standard fleet actions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
# 146
11-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
lol, old Gecko will not be able to resist his trolling ways. He is the Master Troll after all
No ... "master troll" he is not .
Trolling get's more sophisticated with age .
With greater age you learn how / where and when to troll .
Al's not there yet ... despite hitting middle age .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Lt. Commander
# 147
11-14-2012, 02:05 AM
i just can't hide, how much i'm disappointed with the dilithium removal from STF's. now i simply don't feel the need to do them. only 1 or 2 at a time, just to get the omega marks to start projects and that's it... i'ts simply don't worth the time anymore. all the fun has been taken away. whit the retro borg set + MACO shield synergy nerfed, space STF's become harder to me (and i think not just to me), and the reward also decreased at the same time. i just feel the lack of satisfaction at the end of an STF... no dil, no tech/salvage (more dil), and no random blue/purple item, only sh*tty omega mark. i know, that marks and neural proc's can be converted instead, but the conversion ratio is pathetic compared to the base amount of stf dil reward in the old system (480/1100). and it's just not right.
so thanks Cryptic/PWE for totally screwing the very best part of the game, congrats!

and what's really makes me angry, is when you say, that "players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to", and this way you just "want to increase the amount they are refining". how? by taking away the main dil source from the most of the players? forcing them to do crappy, chaotic, mindless DPS-oriented events like starbase 24? be honest, go in front of your playerbase, and say to their faces, you want them to buy more zen and exchange it to dil. don't lie to us! or if you REALLY want us to refine more dil, than make more dil sources to us (start by giving back the STF's), not just sinks. but if you just want us to open our wallets, than say that, and leave this nonsense, because we aren't stupid, and we become angry if you think of us that way.
Survivor of Romulus
# 148
11-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekeeperhu View Post
i[...] be honest, go in front of your playerbase, and say to their faces, you want them to buy more zen and exchange it to dil. [...]
From whom would they buy that Dilithium, then?

That accusation of yours just does not make any sense at all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Lt. Commander
# 149
11-14-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
From whom would they buy that Dilithium, then?

That accusation of yours just does not make any sense at all.
in my point of view, to be honest and straight forward about been greedy is still better than to be liar about it.
Career Officer
# 150
11-14-2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
You don't "convert" Zen to Dilithium. You trade it with other players. Cryptic does not earn anything from that.

Could everyone just lean back and think for a moment... do you play the game for the Dilithium? No, you play it for entertainment. Dilithium is just a tiny part of the game.

Besides, to me it looks as if it will actually be easier to get Dilithium by doing the standard fleet actions.
The rewards are the compensation for the parts of something I don't find entertaining.

Remove them and I'll do what I do find entertaining.

For some people, that's play another game. For me, it's doing other things in this game... for now... as long as I can find things I do get entertainment from.