Empire Veteran
# 291
11-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Has anyone thought of the people with mutliple characters and how long it would take to get, in my case 7 lvl 50's soon 8, all of their characters up to par with the new system? For some there is literally not enough time in the day to achieve this for all characters. So now i am not only forced with this new system over my rep or my fleet and embassy, but im also forced to choose which character i want to invest the time in. Instead of playing all characters and achiveing a little here and there. Or running STFs on each character while the timer expires. Same goes with the fleet events. Most of us don't have the time to do this. We have jobs and families. We can't sit at the computer for 24 hours a day 7 days a week in order to enjoy all of our characters in this new system and still have a competitive edge.

I feel like all the time and money i have spent in the last 3 years has all gone in vain. I can no longer play the way i liked and or was used to. I am forced to play your way and i don't like it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 292
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkysium View Post
Has anyone thought of the people with mutliple characters and how long it would take to get, in my case 7 lvl 50's soon 8, all of their characters up to par with the new system?
Yeah, I play multiple characters. Now I will be forced to focus on just one or two, and even that is looking annoying now. It's just not really any... fun.
post a comment on this webzone if you want a pizza roll
Lt. Commander
# 293
11-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
wrong, they'd only do that if they were incredibly stupid, stubborn and if they wanted to lose money. while the two former may be true, the latter obviously is not. they'd alter content and mechanics.

they have a strong player base, they have years of code, art, missions, and time invested. just shutting it down after one big cash in would cost them more than just altering what players hate. keeping the game going and adjusting makes them money, shutting down the servers they lose money.

common sense, i know difficult considering cryptics version of it, but it is useful to figure out all the angles.
Now while what I'm gonna mention is not a 'established' IP, it was a MMO that was 8 years old, still profitable and had a Development Studio still actively producing content and it was shut down because it didn't fit with the Korean Publisher's Grinders!!!: City of Heroes!!!

If there is enough dissent and dried up cash flow either CBS will yank the license or PWE will drop it. All that matters to our Grinder Overlord is the bottom line.

Now I like STO's core game play and the customization that is available. I have been growing less and less interested in nearly everything else since the F2P began, save for the DOff system.
I just can not put any real faith in the STO Devs at this time. My only hope is the the couple of Paragon Devs that are now part of the STO team will knock some sense into everyone else and we can see a game that can is enjoyable to all.

/Rant

Thank you for the time...
Career Officer
# 294
11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh complaining won't work? Lets hope we see some real attempt to ameliorate our concerns.

(though I don't think it's our complaints more the total drop off in play time and death of STF queues)
Career Officer
# 295
11-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I like Al as a person but I think he tends to bogart design decisions away from the players, to get them playing how he wants. And I feel like Stahl just sort of shrugged at the change (with or without an internal debate: we'll never know) and decided to let him do it this time at the last minute without telling any of the testers.

So I retract my earlier point that it was a lie. It was a bloodless coupe by the systems team.
It's an interesting speculation based on the little info we have to go on.

Whether it's true or not, it still begs the question why they want us playing those old, terribly designed Fleet Actions and not STFs.

Wouldn't the systems team be in charge of the powers and the rep system?

Why make a new system and then very specifically kill off the content used to advance in that system?

Why make New Romulus at all, if the average player only playing 4 hours a night and needs to spend most of those 4 hours earning dilithium in content that IS NOT NEW ROMULUS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
And, frankly, I wish we were all discussing this cordially over crullers and coffee but I'm on the outside here and when you're on the outside of a building with no windows and no phone line in, you either have to speak at a high volume or give up on communicating.
I just wanted to emphasize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
No it wasn't the systems team. This design is all Geko's. Geko is if nothing else very predictable. He has a very particular view in regards to designs. Even before you posted Daniel Stahl's quotes, I had a suspicious that Geko was involved in it. But I was dismissive it because he was over Systems. But that suspicious didn't go away.

So far it's nothing but our speculation, and it might very well remain that way.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 11-14-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 296
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Oh complaining won't work? Lets hope we see some real attempt to ameliorate our concerns.

(though I don't think it's our complaints more the total drop off in play time and death of STF queues)
We'll have to wait and see what happens and if it's just lip service. I was going to leave but my best friend pleaded paitence.

I think above all else there needs to be an apology by the Dev team not just dStahl.

We thought we were making progress on tribble then between 9th and the 13th the changes we're all railing about happened.
Career Officer
# 297
11-14-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post

Warriors!

The battle is turning in our favor! But remain vigilant! We know not what they intend to do, only that they intend to do something. Stay the course! Raise a mighty noise if you are still unsatisfied!

But most importantly, let this stand as proof! Proof that when a community's opinion is truly united, we can force change!

Well fought! Now fight on! Qapla'!
Commander
# 298
11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorth67 View Post
Well Stahl, the Grand Nagus' is on his knees worshiping you wishing HE could of stuck it to us so good. He thought you were a hyoo-mon and not part Ferengi. You must of excelled in the government school of economics because they only keep one hand in our pockets fishing for all our change. When I take out my wallet and open it all I see is your legs sticking out as you try to steel my last dollar.

I originally bought the game knowing I would need to pay a monthly fee or get a lifetime subscription. Not a problem generating some revenue. I could enjoy the game and relax from the hard day. If I wanted something extra from the C-Store it was a little extra, no problem. Then the game goes free to play and download is free. The $50 I spent to buy the game when it first came out was the first slap in the face. Now it's the same thing grinding everyday just to get things accomplished so you can get the gear to play the same missions again and again. A first there was crafting. A good way to make better gear but needed to grind for samples. Then you added the common and un common unreplicateable stuff to make us buy it with dilithium and that started the grind for dilithium. Then came the dilithium store and the exchange.

Now almost everything needs dilithium at hyper-inflated prices that is ludicrous, and then to give so little in dilithium payouts hoping to force us to spend even more real money to buy zen to convert to dilithium. Do you really think we would blindly do 5 missions to equal a bit less of the same payout that we use to get for one mission? People haven't even realized yet how you even upped the cost to trade up your doff officers. Inside at the personnel officer where it was the cheapest (because we needed to save our dilithium for those outrageously priced star base missions) now its 500 dilithium for white, 2500 dilithium for green, and 5000 dilithium for blue. Can we say a bit excessive when it was 10,50, and I think 100? It's been said that we were not refining enough dilithium but my fleet now has 4 players and only one real active player in it and we are at tier 2. Do you want to try and say we didn't refine enough dilithium to keep you happy? Thanks for that slap in the face again.

Then there is the ships we want like the Jem'Hadar. Why don't you all make it so Rom on DS9 is now a ship trader and you can get a token and pick your ship? Or doff missions where you get parts to assemble the ship and if you get the 3% critical chance you get the unmanned Jem'Hadar warship? Like everybody has 200+ million to buy one on the exchange because they are not given out as freely as the others, or expect us to pay $100+ to try to get one out of the reinforcement packs and end up with leaves and incense, oh and 10 lobi crystals. Ridiculous!

When you all started the bases it became a grind and some could even argue a second job. It was tolerable, (barely). Now you made it 10X worse. It's not a game anymore, It's not any fun. It feels like we grind and grind to get nowhere and then you all change things and throw us further behind so we would pay real money to make some headway in the game lining your pockets even more. You can check, I've spent my fare share in the C-Store and TWO lifetime accounts. This piggy bank is now empty and closed. You all have put the proverbial gun to STO's head and are squeezing the trigger real hard. In this economy now days we need gas for work and to put a roof over our family and food on our tables, NOT all in your pockets for a game that is a grind/job and not entertainment/fun. If you don't get a clue from all these posts and really listen to the players/payers, STO will die and it will have been by your hands all in the name of greed.
Decently well put....just one thing.

Ferengi refer to humans as "hew-mon", not "hyoo-mon"

Post above: You guys are lucky though. STO has its devs in NA and can quickly react to player feedback. Most other PWE games have their dev teams in China and it takes multiple pokings with a sharp stick to get even one idea changed...

Last edited by lewstelamon01; 11-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Ensign
# 299 Nerf Bat Award 2012
11-14-2012, 01:53 PM
For the most NERFED GAME of 2012

The winner of the 2012 NERF BAT award goes to....

The DEVS and Perfectworld...

You really out did yourselves in ruining STO.

Commander
# 300
11-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4kirk1701 View Post
For the most NERFED GAME of 2012

The winner of the 2012 NERF BAT award goes to....

The DEVS and Perfectworld...

You really out did yourselves in ruining STO.

At least change is forthcoming, if the above twitter post is to be believed. Now, exactly WHAT direction that change is, or how much may be changed, is yet to be seen.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at dev meetings.