Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 71
11-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenaut01 View Post

So yeah, this is kinda a "I quit" post. I'd give you my stuff, but unfortunately it's all bound to my account or my characters. Because apparently that's what happens to Starfleet in the future.

I LOL'd at this.

/Can I have your stuff? I'm am going to have a big "Players that have left ST:O" giveaway orgy....
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,354
# 72
11-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I really don't get, Dan.

Just a few days ago you faced the players rage like a hero in that thread about lost dilithium rates.
It seemed you went out of your way to make sure we get it at least back up to 480/960 for STFs.

Why, why, why, why,why,why,why would you ever do this to yourself to take all the flak from the players if you never intended this to be true in the first place.

And I don't believe for a second now, that the plan a few days ago was different!

And yeah, not enough players were refining your dilithium target? Not enough players played content that rewarded dilithium?

The one content that WAS grinded without end? You nerf it to oblivion.

Great.

So funnel everyone, noobs and elites alike, into the oldest Mickey Mouse content you have...

Except this time, I think, building it won't mean they will come...

FA are nice as a diversion, NOT for grinding...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,101
# 73
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neos472 View Post
*grabs popcorn and watches the nerd rage spiral out of control* this will be interesting
Remember ... I called it first ... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=96

And this has spiraled out of control ... which leaves me very sad for a game I love a great deal.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 63
# 74 Epic Fail
11-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Executive Producer Daniel Stahl discusses and answers questions about the Season 7 Dilithium changes in this entry the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.


Link to the blog.
EPIC FAIL.

Enough said.

I will be playing less now. Much less. And I won't be buying the Vesta either. STO is going the wrong direction. U-Turn wrong direction.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 972
# 75
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I really don't get, Dan.

Just a few days ago you faced the players rage like a hero in that thread about lost dilithium rates.
It seemed you went out of your way to make sure we get it at least back up to 480/960 for STFs.

Why, why, why, why,why,why,why would you ever do this to yourself to take all the flak from the players if you never intended this to be true in the first place.

And I don't believe for a second now, that the plan a few days ago was different!

And yeah, not enough players were refining your dilithium target? Not enough players played content that rewarded dilithium?

The one content that WAS grinded without end? You nerf it to oblivion.

Great.

So funnel everyone, noobs and elites alike, into the oldest Mickey Mouse content you have...

Except this time, I think, building it won't mean they will come...

FA are nice as a diversion, NOT for grinding...

totaly agree man im lost for words i dont see how some people not making cap and they say thats what they want?!? so they take more dilth away WTF is doesnt make any sense.


after this hype and waiting for season 7.... i wish it was never relased.

the FEW possitive changes were totally undone the second they nuked dilth and bottle necking players into parts of the game, is not the way to do it. for the love of baby jesus why dont they sit down read the posts they had to of know that ws going ***** off the player base.

season 7 content i like the currency and laughable rewards i dont.

word of advice cryptic add rewards to all the content episodes fleeties and stfs give us a reason to play the game not take it away. reward your players for time spent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. time based currency LOLOLOLOL.

PS stop posting fed ship after fed after ship you do know there TWO factions and u talk of possible 3rd faction EVEN you must how stupid that sounds.

if this was my company id want someones head for this mess.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 202
# 76
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm stuck between anger, rage, and just laughing at how ridiculous this actually is. You say you want people to refine more dilithium, then you take away a major source of dilithium for most people. You say you took it out of dilithium because you took the dilithium cost out the rep system, but you didn't because all the gear that you want to unlock via the rep system requires dilithium to buy. Then you say we didn't take it way we moved it into the oldest content in the game, that has never worked as intended. I warped into SB 24 four times in a row via the PVE queue and was immediately removed because I wasn't placed on a full team. Then I tried Klingon Scout Force where we spent more time flying in circles waiting for things to respawn to so could kill the right amount of them before moving the mission along. These missions were never played for 2 reasons 1) rewards where crap as the missions where made to help level and 2) THEY SUCK. You remastered the STF's for a reason, content made for team play when the game launched SUCKED. To force us to do it now is ridiculous. You want them played more, ok...add the rewards, they'll get played more, but don't make them the only reliable source of things we need in the game. Dilithium is not a time currency. If it was we would get it for doing ANYTHING IN THIS GAME as a reward just for playing. As it stands now, dilithium is a grinding currency. You can only get it if you grind a Cryptic determined set of missions over and over and over again. This does not equal a long lasting fun experience for players.
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,073
# 77
11-13-2012, 08:53 PM
there's been way too much lying on Cryptic's end, and i'm glad that this is getting so much attention from the forums. Frankly it almost seems like Cryptic is shooting themselves on purpose just to spite PWE. It's messed up and frankly they deserve what ever fall out they get for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
# 78
11-13-2012, 08:54 PM
"Concern 1 : players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to... so we decided to nerf the dilithium grind."

This is the final proof that with destruction of Vulcan logic became a rare commodity in the alpha quadrant. Damn you JJ Abrams! It's all your fault!
Join Date: August 2009
I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 609
# 79
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Dan Stahl must really think the majority of his playerbase is stupid ^__^

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
# 80
11-13-2012, 09:01 PM
I really wish I had less negative sounding words to say here, but I feel lied to, betrayed.

Repeatedly on the forums here we were reassured that dilithium would still be an end mission reward from STFs and you u-turn at the last possible minute to stab us all in the back.

Apparently it was nothing but a lie.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.