Career Officer
Someone at cryptic needs to go and get an economics degree... you don't increase supply by cutting out sources. If someone is not already putting in the time, making it harder isn't going to get someone to play more. You basically have told the player base to piss off with your opening remarks about how "it's of Cryptic's choosing". Just like any other business you are still accountable to your shareholders and moreover your customers. So don't snub your customers for your own arrogance.

What I get from this article is, pay us money for zen to get dilithium. We are being told that we should play 4 hours of dilithium missions a day and those missions are all the old, stale, and even broken content and we should have to do this for months to get the gear. People should get dilithium from their very first mission and earn it as you level up slowly like before F2P... having everyone rush through the content only to grind for several months is pathetic... I don't even bother to change ships on a new toon because I'm only in it for a day when leveling.

I already started to pull away from this game... the only reason I still play is because of the investment I have already put in it. As an Investment guy though I also know when it's time to cut your losses and dump the junk and take the hit. In the last month I have been looking around and played trough Mass Effect 3 and with SWTOR going F2P this week I'll probably give it a try as well and maybe even spend some money for at least a one month sub to get the good stuff. There is also a new Trek game coming out in 2013 so another reason you should be catering to your paying player base. You all are just not giving us paying folks anything to pay for except lame excuses to justify poor economic decisions. Maybe you should go back to Zynga it might just have been the right fit afterall seeing how thats a sinking ship too.
Captain
# 82
11-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Concern 1 ? Active level 50 players are refining far less Dilithium than we expect them to.
Prior to Season 7, the average amount of Dilithium refined by an active level 50 player was 3100 per session or 13,250 per week. That is far less than the cap of 8000 per day when you consider that most level 50 players play multiple days per week and slightly more than the average hours per session.

all the people i have seen in sto moan about the 8k cap , i also earn more than 8 k a day so what are you talking about mr Stahl ? . where is the dilithium in the fleet actions ? , i have played over a dozen today and not got any
Captain
# 83
11-13-2012, 09:21 PM
posted delete by player. I just don't care any more.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 11-13-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 84
11-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
Someone at cryptic needs to go and get an economics degree... you don't increase supply by cutting out sources. If someone is not already putting in the time, making it harder isn't going to get someone to play more. You basically have told the player base to piss off with your opening remarks about how "it's of Cryptic's choosing". Just like any other business you are still accountable to your shareholders and moreover your customers. So don't snub your customers for your own arrogance.

What I get from this article is, pay us money for zen to get dilithium. We are being told that we should play 4 hours of dilithium missions a day and those missions are all the old, stale, and even broken content and we should have to do this for months to get the gear. People should get dilithium from their very first mission and earn it as you level up slowly like before F2P... having everyone rush through the content only to grind for several months is pathetic... I don't even bother to change ships on a new toon because I'm only in it for a day when leveling.

I already started to pull away from this game... the only reason I still play is because of the investment I have already put in it. As an Investment guy though I also know when it's time to cut your losses and dump the junk and take the hit. In the last month I have been looking around and played trough Mass Effect 3 and with SWTOR going F2P this week I'll probably give it a try as well and maybe even spend some money for at least a one month sub to get the good stuff. There is also a new Trek game coming out in 2013 so another reason you should be catering to your paying player base. You all are just not giving us paying folks anything to pay for except lame excuses to justify poor economic decisions. Maybe you should go back to Zynga it might just have been the right fit afterall seeing how thats a sinking ship too.
That's not it. 8k a day is easier now, assuming you have no alts, because of Fleet Actions.

However, I do think they were less than straight with us on Tribble. And I feel disrespected by that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
11-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Cryptic Math: Oh a player with 10 level 50 chars, but only 2 of those chars have capped Dilithium Today, that means that only 20% of our playerbase is refining dilithium!!!!!

WE MUST FIX THIS

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
# 86
11-13-2012, 09:46 PM
You know... I just dont even get you devs...

I just... I have no words for how MONUMENTALLY STUPID you guys are being with Season 7... just... wow...

Yeah... no more money from me after today. My sub runs out on Dec. 12th... and then I'll go F2P and never buy a thing from you again. And that sucks for you cause I was gonna buy the Vesta pack, but nah... thats gone now... And I only had to pay you $10 bucks for the Steamrunner... so you made less of a profit on me than you would have after Thursday.

Good job!
Career Officer
# 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Executive Producer Daniel Stahl discusses and answers questions about the Season 7 Dilithium changes in this entry the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Just posted this on the Blog scroll, but in case the Devs aren't looking at that too closely:

Even I have to say "Wow." DStahl, you stated in the recent state of the game STFs would CONTINUE to reward Dilithium via playthroughs. Also, when players reported STFs were not awarding Dilithium just a few days ago; we were all told, "It's a bug..." Seriously talk about a "bait and switch" situation.

Dan it's abundantly clear that while you work and oversee STO; you've NEVER really played it like an "Average Player". That is so abundantly clear now. One thing an EP should do occasionally (IMO) is play his own game like the real players do (and playtesting content and making adjustments SOLELY on data mining is just bad policy.)

About a year ago, you specifically said, "Judge me on what we do..." - and doing that after seeing what you implemented today AFTER telling us ALL something different just a few days ago, all I can say is: Major fail.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
That's not it. 8k a day is easier now, assuming you have no alts, because of Fleet Actions.

However, I do think they were less than straight with us on Tribble. And I feel disrespected by that.
Please restore some of my faith that you are an intelligent person, who can call a spade a spade:

Change this euphemism "less than straight" to the more accurate single word that is most direct and to the point. You are too smart for me to have to tell you what that word is.
Career Officer
# 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post

They got their Econ degree from the "Barack Obama School of Screw You." At any rate, I doubt this will change. We forum posters are, as DStahl so aptly put it, merely a "vocal minority."
Rihannsu
# 90
11-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post

I agree with this. I do remember thinging that the dilithium from STFs was going away when they said that they were removing it from the xp missions in the rep system. But then I found the posts by the devs about there stil being dilithium rewards from STFs, and I believed.

Well, not anymore.

By the way Dan, your marketting has failed to change my view point. I will continue to grind out less than 8000 dilithium on one or two characters on days I play. I will not continue to pump money into the game, I have an LTS, if I want something, I'll wait until my monthly zen points let me get it, or trade some dilithium for zen. Honestly, I'll be saving my money to go back to EvE Online. At least there when the management did something the player's didn't like, they had the guts to come out and say sorry.