Starfleet Veteran
Anyone else out there who also likes it? I think they've done a wonderful job. I can't get over all the negativity out there.
Career Officer
# 2
11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Haven't played nearly enough to know for sure.

What I do know is Starbase 24 is a blast when people are actually playing it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Starbase 24 is NUTS!!! I've been in it a few times now. A few times I've found myself neck deep in it from a moment's lapse of concentration.
Captain
# 4
11-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Honestly, no. Not really, I thought I'd like the new Tholian space missions, but Tholions are damned annoying to fight. I spend a third of the fight with no weapons power., and the new space events involve me flying around chasing the damn things down at max impulse with most of my time.

Fleet actions for fleet marks are still underwhelming. For the same reason STFs are now underwhelming.

The STFs lost their enjoyment factor, the lack of drops just seems to deflate the whole experience. Plus your basically wasting time if you run more than 2 a day, you just aren't getting any returns on it with zero dilithium. This also causes the new STf elite they released to be completely wasted. Why struggle through it when the rewards just aren't worthwhile compared to running an easier one.

The ground adventure zone is lame, just like all their ground adventure zones. I know some people like that nonsense, but I'm not one of them,

... I can pick out two positives.

The new patrol space missions in the Romulan area are kinda fun,although I'm not a huge fan of the single person daily type stuff.

Fleet actions can be fun, although they are also completely devoid of anything remotely resembling a challenge. You just load up on AoE and watch fireworks,
Captain
# 5
11-13-2012, 06:55 PM
I like the new Romulan mission. THey make me feel like a captain actually trying to solve problems with science and diplomacy rather than phasers (although phasers can still come into play.)

The Tholians are annoying in space, but I am speced against energy drains and such. and i can ignore the web 98% of the time.

And I love the procs for having the Enterprise-F show up and help and the Tholians explosion causing a rift in space that spawns some Mirror-verse ships. Nice IP kick.

Haven't done any of the PVE queue stuff, but I will later tonight. So far, good job
Career Officer
# 6
11-13-2012, 07:16 PM
You know, I was skeptical when I first learned about all the dilithium nerfing, but I just spent a few hours in S7 and I am cautiously optimistic about this new season. It's different, sure, but still entertaining and since I am not in a fleet (and will not be joining, so no invites, please) the reputation system could have some potential in really improving endgame.

My only concern is that all my dil farming alts are now fairly useless. Could be wrong. I guess I'll find out.

Overall I give S7 an A-.

Porthos is not amused.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Yup, I am loving it also
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Commander
# 8
11-13-2012, 08:08 PM
same here loving the new season alot of the usuals on here seem to be mad at losing their jewl but as the borg adapt so must we and this is a good adaptation. fleet actions hand out loads more dilith than any other mission apart from foundry (as of typing is yet to come back online) also the new sectors are brilliant just be cautions of the tholians they have more than just their own ships. got jumped by a galaxy class and a mirror typhoon.
Lieutenant
# 9
11-13-2012, 08:14 PM
At the moment can't say I am liking S7, my primary source of enjoyment for this game was space STF's and the occasional dil runs. Now that rewards have been crippled for STF's and with the Rep systems 1 day 16 hour C*ck block I really don't have anything to do in game anymore. I guess I could log in every 1 day 16 hours and do 2 or 3 STF's.

On the positive side I don't have to do ground STF's anymore.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I like it.