Captain
# 111
11-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Its not just the plasma DoTs doing the penetration. Look at when you take shots that don't go through, how much hull damage you take. Its supposed to be 1/9 of the hit due to 10% bleedthrough. It looks to be something closer to 1/5, even if you're using Resilient shields. They're packing transphasic plasma now. Sawn in half by spheres I used to tank 3-4 of, thats just embarassing.

Also the base damage seems to be way up. I had a Tac Cube in ISE doing FAW, cut my BoP from full shields to 12% hull in a single shot. And I know it wasn't a torpedo because the cube was targeting someone else. Did the buff for Hive Onslaught bleed into the rest of the game or something? Wouldn't be the first time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
11-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Just out of curiosity, how many people here are using the Assimilated engine/deflector with MACO/HG shield setup? The Assimilated set was changed with S7, the console removed from the set so in order for the Regen to proc you need the shield equipped.

Without the free heal and resistance buff you might just be noticing the damage more.
Career Officer
# 113
11-16-2012, 12:12 PM
As I mentioned already I have run 3 pc borg and Maco with 2 pc borg to test.

In standard PvE the 3 pc borg is far superior, the low damage shots in overwhelming quantity drain the Maco shield relatively fast.

In elite STFs its a close call, the regen procs are less since you defend against burst damage. In this case though both set ups are dying with their shields up.. coming from someone who could solo gates prior to this without hiding in a blind spot.

So from point blank gate tanking turned into 2-3 shots at best. Oddly though, the gate isn't the problem, its still as deadly as ever, it still knocks your shields and a lot of your hull out in one shot. The key is it does take your shields out, whatever else has changed just bypasses them completely.
Captain
# 114
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackywombat View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many people here are using the Assimilated engine/deflector with MACO/HG shield setup? The Assimilated set was changed with S7, the console removed from the set so in order for the Regen to proc you need the shield equipped.

Without the free heal and resistance buff you might just be noticing the damage more.
Switched all my ships over to STF Mk12 gear as soon as I heard about the then-upcoming nerf, figured I better get used to it, then spent the last 2 weeks pre-S7 marathoning STFs to get last-chance gear (and so playing with lots of Borg). Its not just missing heal procs, the Borg have gotten nastier.
Captain
# 115
11-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxchristian View Post
Translation of this post: I have a suboptimal layout and I'm flying like a drunken madmen. But before S7 I had a chance against the pathetic borg. With the little buff in S7 I'm now a complete useless noob

The borg got harder but they are not broken xD You are just a bad player ;-)
Give this man a Medal XP

Anyways, to my actual response. How many of you actually looked at the new rep system for the Omega Faction? How many of you actually read what kind of passives you can get? If any of you answer yes to this question, then you're just blowing hot air out your rear. GTFO.

Now if you didn't read the new Omega Rep system passives, allow me to elaborate on them for you. The new passives you pick up from the Omega Rep system allow you to tank much much harder. There is an upgrade that either will increase your damage output, or reduce your damage intake. The next ship upgrade will allow you to have either MASSIVE shield regen, or the anti-borg damage proc (I think we know which one a lot of us will pick). Now if you add on these to the new space sets that will become available (the new Borg set from what I've heard is NASTY as hell), the Borg will become manageable again. This modification of the borg is for the simple reason of making you buy the new sets and actually go through the rep system.

Also why umad? These borg are what I've been wanting since I joined in. Not those wimps we fought in S5 and S6, but the actual borg. Need more be said?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 116
11-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Also why umad? These borg are what I've been wanting since I joined in. Not those wimps we fought in S5 and S6, but the actual borg. Need more be said?
The problem is not the total damage. The problem is our hulls crumbling while our shields are still up. It's just.. wierd. I wouldn't be complaining if it was just straightforward damage and I needed to work more on tanking with shield management, facing, etc. But with my shields above 50% and hazzard emitters always on cooldown, I shouldn't have my hull falling apart.
Lt. Commander
# 117
11-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Give this man a Medal XP
Sure, if you think stupidity is something to be rewarded, by all means, give him a medal..

What good is that shield regen against that bugged out damage that ignores shields, and takes your hull down to 10% and even 0% at times, all while shields remain up on all facings?

Think before you type.

Last edited by megacharge07; 11-16-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Captain
# 118
11-16-2012, 09:14 PM
They are spamming DEM... like they should. Its in the shows.

I think what happened is that STO actually managed to get the Borg start acting like Borg. Of course everyone starts complaining.

Try a team of Steamrunners rotating Team Fortress. Helps with pen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 119
11-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacharge07 View Post
Sure, if you think stupidity is something to be rewarded, by all means, give him a medal..

What good is that shield regen against that bugged out damage that ignores shields, and takes your hull down to 10% and even 0% at times, all while shields remain up on all facings?

Think before you type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post

I think what happened is that STO actually managed to get the Borg start acting like Borg. Of course everyone starts complaining.

Done. I do think before I type. I usually think quite a bit beforehand. And I don't honestly see a problem with the Borg doing what they're doing. I don't know why you feel your shields should have any effect on Borg weapons. They are the Borg. Resistance is futile. About time you realized this and just did your best to fight and survive instead of complaining about it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
# 120
11-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post

The problem with this is that this isn't a TV show, this is a video game. Video games are played because they are fun, when games lose their fun factor they stop getting played, if you happen to be running an MMO you need players playing your end game content and if they are not having fun they won't be playing for long, and the less time they spend on this game, means they will spend less money.

Both you and Hereticknight085 have made it clear that neither of you play elite STF, it's quite obvious in your comments, but to sum it up, everyone I know is dying non stop (vets) people are constantly complaining here and in game, different builds don't help, team fortress is a non factor (I have the steamrunner, used the console on a few different ships as well, and in conjunction with others using it)

I'm all for the Borg being tougher, but in reasonable sense.. The death fest going on now is idiotic from a gaming point of view, the Borg are OP and sheer overkill, STF is no longer fun, I play one elite STF just to get omega marks, then I don't play for a few days. No fun.