Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 889
# 121
11-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
They are spamming DEM... like they should. Its in the shows.

I think what happened is that STO actually managed to get the Borg start acting like Borg. Of course everyone starts complaining.

Try a team of Steamrunners rotating Team Fortress. Helps with pen.
Its more complaining about the lack of changes in the patch notes and the devs saying there is no change when cleary there is
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 122
11-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacharge07 View Post
Both you and Hereticknight085 have made it clear that neither of you play elite STF, it's quite obvious in your comments, but to sum it up, everyone I know is dying non stop (vets) people are constantly complaining here and in game, different builds don't help, team fortress is a non factor (I have the steamrunner, used the console on a few different ships as well, and in conjunction with others using it)
I find your misinformation hilarious. Ask ANYONE in the PublicEliteSTF and EliteSTF channels on Holodeck if @hereticknight085 plays elite stfs. My two tags I commonly use are Krakmonkey@hereticknight085 and Mok'dar@hereticknight085. They will tell you that I play lots of elite stfs. And I have no issues with the Borg being this powerful. So please, get information before making baseless accusations. In fact, I can post a picture of a screenshot of my many STF accolades if you wish as well.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 123
11-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackywombat View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many people here are using the Assimilated engine/deflector with MACO/HG shield setup? The Assimilated set was changed with S7, the console removed from the set so in order for the Regen to proc you need the shield equipped.

Without the free heal and resistance buff you might just be noticing the damage more.
I changed my setup a few weeks before the patch, in prep for the new season. While I won't pretend like the sky is falling like some of the guys in this thread, the extra damage being reported is legit.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,089
# 124
11-17-2012, 04:42 AM
the only problem with borg is the 1 shot normal plasma torps. they are mind numbingly easy to deal with just like all the other npcs in the game other then that.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 255
# 125
11-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I find your misinformation hilarious. Ask ANYONE in the PublicEliteSTF and EliteSTF channels on Holodeck if @hereticknight085 plays elite stfs. My two tags I commonly use are Krakmonkey@hereticknight085 and Mok'dar@hereticknight085. They will tell you that I play lots of elite stfs. And I have no issues with the Borg being this powerful. So please, get information before making baseless accusations. In fact, I can post a picture of a screenshot of my many STF accolades if you wish as well.
Krakmonkey? yeah I can understand that, because you must be on it if you think dying every 30 seconds is fun in a video game... and don't tell me u dont die that often because if youre playing elite stf, u are, everyone is, whole teams are, so stop with the BS. Getting tired of reading your pro-cryptic/PWE rhetoric.

Oh, and i still want to do some elite stf's with you. I want to count how many times you explode. Tag is @megacharge, pm me in game, ill be on later tonight.

Last edited by megacharge07; 11-17-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,241
# 126
11-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by distantworlds View Post
It appears that the Borg now have rather absurdly high shield penetration in STFs. Without ever losing a facing in my shields, my battlecruiser ended up with 10% hull left at one point. What is going on? Is this a bug? Is this intended? It feels really wierd to see your hull falling apart while shields aren't even below 50%.
Its called the PeterNorth-of-Borg cannon. Resistance is Futile.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,587
# 127
11-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Tactical Cube deals 38538 (54856) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo.
You can't really say this is "working as indended", can't you Cryptic?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,028
# 128
11-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I actually like where the Borg are now, roughly - I like having to keep an eye on my hull and think about when I should fire off a Hazard Emitters or Eng Team etc, or if I can resist it enough to save my heals for a big chunk of damage. However the damage is slightly too much.

I think though that either their DOT damage should be reduced 10-20% or something so though we can at least have a reasonable chance of offsetting the damage with a Hazard Emitters, or Eng team + damage resist buff or something.

But the increased need to take care of my hull is nice.
----
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 129
11-18-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacharge07 View Post
Krakmonkey? yeah I can understand that, because you must be on it if you think dying every 30 seconds is fun in a video game... and don't tell me u dont die that often because if youre playing elite stf, u are, everyone is, whole teams are, so stop with the BS. Getting tired of reading your pro-cryptic/PWE rhetoric.

Oh, and i still want to do some elite stf's with you. I want to count how many times you explode. Tag is @megacharge, pm me in game, ill be on later tonight.
Complain all you want. I am not pro cryptic or PWE. I find what they have done to this game offensive tbh. The GRIND portion. Making the Borg actually dangerous? That I approve of, and believe that it's actually months too late. And I will tell you that I don't pop real often. Probably because I actually pay attention to what I am doing. The teams I roll with don't pop very often either. On any given ESTF (other than Hive Onslaught, that one is amazingly destructive), teams I roll with that we pre-make (or pre-made I should say, can't do that atm courtesy of the removal of private queues) usually have a single digit death count. For the whole team. You know why? Cuz we know each other, we work together, and we pay attention. I have had MANY runs post S7 post Borg remodeling in which nobody died. The entire STF. ISE, KASE, CSE, I have done runs of all of them in which nobody bought the farm. A few came within sight range of it, but nobody died.

If it weren't for timezone differences, I would accept your request to see me in action, but alas, I doubt that will be possible.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 161
# 130
11-18-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't mind the Borg being tougher, but the current mechanic of shield penetration means that for escorts, 2 piece borg becomes essential, which is something I thought Cryptic wanted to get away from. My cruisers can tank well enough with other sets, but my escorts definitely need the hull regen bonus.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 PM.