Captain
# 51
11-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Well I've been noticing my ship blow up more frequently throughout the game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 52
11-14-2012, 02:40 PM
I have played over a thousand elite STFs; I have likely been teamed with most of you at some point. Today I played my last. Less than 30 seconds in all five of us had been killed and I know there was at least one other highly experienced player in the group.

This new set-up is obvious BS. Personally, I suspect it was done to cut down on successful optionals since they don't give you anything at all for achieving them anymore. That's like fixing a toothache with a ball peen hammer to the knee.
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-14-2012, 03:01 PM
another thing i noticed is the 'new' borg feedback pulse dealing 130k +/- woth of damage

kills shields in seconds then boom
Career Officer
# 54
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Did my first ISE after the latest patch and I was burned to death twice. At one point I had 80% hull with emergency power to shields 1, tac team 1 and reverse shield polarity 1 all going at the same time and I was simply fried in less than five seconds, shields never dropping once. The borg may not have been modified at all but it is ridiculously obvious that plasma weapons have been changed, notably the energy type's secondary DoT effect... Hey, at least this makes plasma weapons useful again... But without Dilithium for STFs, why bother... Of course, if this situation keeps up with THE major Dil Grinds no longer paying out I expect Zen will be going for 50 Dilithium on the exchange by month's end.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
STO Forum member since 2008, player since 2012 - funny story that
Starfleet Veteran
# 55
11-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Some cone-based targeting was changed so that it calculates from a center point rather than a specific facing. While this affected nearly every entity in the game, it only significantly impacts very large entities. A side effect of this is that there aren't as many "safe zones" from Borg Cube torpedoes.
Something more then that has changed ior at least feels to have changed. I never used safe zones and armour tank and used to have no problem in STF's. Now even with close to 70% hull resistance and more heals then before I can barely stay alive. Even as an armor tank with shields up my hull is around 20% before I know what is going off and I used to be able to armor tank without shields. (I fly a crusier which high hull hitpoints and all armor skills maxed out). 53k+ hull at well over 60% resistance should not be going down as fast as it is even with shields up. Could it be that hull resistance is not working?

Last edited by pottsey5g; 11-15-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Commander
# 56
11-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Some cone-based targeting was changed so that it calculates from a center point rather than a specific facing. While this affected nearly every entity in the game, it only significantly impacts very large entities. A side effect of this is that there aren't as many "safe zones" from Borg Cube torpedoes.
Oh, thank you for that :-) Finally Khitomer will be more challenging :-) And CSE will be a hell again :-)

The higher bleedthrough was something which I noticed on Tribble, but couldn't test it with ACL.
Captain
# 57
11-15-2012, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingraider View Post
What I think they did was to allow the plasma fire to stack. I did notice this also. My odyssey used to never worry about plasma fire but yesterday and today it takes 3-5K each tick from my hull. During that time I did notice being hit by the beams does set you on fire about every other hit. Those fires are stacking.

Rodentmaster: use melee on them borg missions. you and your boffs, you will do that room in under 3 minutes no deaths...
I think it's the combination of it stacking along with the fact that your going to get hit by more weapons fire due to the new arcs (thus more stacks, more direct damage, etc).

Regardless, I like it. I have to actually pay attention now. I'd also like to say there is a whole lot of nonsensical BS being splayed out in this thread by some posters claiming doom and gloom. Especially regarding one hit kill nonsense.

Get some hull heals, make sure you have at least one copy of Hazard emitters to cleanse the dot, and play a little more defensively.
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-15-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm pretty sure, as previously stated here, that Borg Plasma Dots are stacking. I saw my Odyessey hull doing some crazy dips while fully shielded tanking infected elite yesterday. FaW + a lot of spheres is much more dangerous now.

I did a Borg sector invasion and actually thought it was worse than stf on elite difficulty. Shield neutralization was on me non-stop, combine that with stacking plasma dot you better have some friends willing to help with healing.

I don't mind the increase difficulty in STF's but not having a reason to run more than one a day is a no win situation for everyone.
Lieutenant
# 59
11-15-2012, 07:36 AM
I don't care what justifications you all can invent to be ok with it all. They opened their commentary to this discussion with a LIE ' We didn't change anything '. Then another one contradicted that LIE with ' We only changed this one thing in this one place '. Another LIE. We players are compiling mountains of data now to prove to them that they LIE. But if you think they don't already know that they are LIEING to us, you are fools.

How about Cryptic goes with TRUTH for a change and lay out everything they tweaked or changed and haven't told us, along with their long term plans for development in real terms not fantasy maybe terms/
Lieutenant
# 60
11-15-2012, 07:48 AM
I like the changes, Thank You -- elite STF's are more challenging, and more interesting.