Lt. Commander
# 61
11-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by je11yfish View Post
I like the changes, Thank You -- elite STF's are more challenging, and more interesting.
Pior to season seven I was running a few STF's a day. Granted, I would only pug Infected elite-but I loved running Cure Elite and KA Elite with my fleet. Some evenings we would literally have all stf's on cooldown and hop onto alts to keep rolling them. That ain't the case anymore. Nobody needs anything out of Cure or KA. Nobody needs more than an Infected or 2 for Omega Marks.

What is so interesting about that?
Captain
# 62
11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensorghost View Post
I don't care what justifications you all can invent to be ok with it all. They opened their commentary to this discussion with a LIE ' We didn't change anything '. Then another one contradicted that LIE with ' We only changed this one thing in this one place '. Another LIE. We players are compiling mountains of data now to prove to them that they LIE. But if you think they don't already know that they are LIEING to us, you are fools.

How about Cryptic goes with TRUTH for a change and lay out everything they tweaked or changed and haven't told us, along with their long term plans for development in real terms not fantasy maybe terms/

Chances are the one who replied about the Borg values wasn't aware of the arc changes. A silly thing to get pissy over considering they cleared it up like 5 posts later.
Lieutenant
# 63
11-15-2012, 08:48 AM
They haven't cleared anything up. They could tell us they changed the paint on the borg and thats caused some glitch, and it would have the same value as their quick explanation. At this point they will stay silent and comment no more. They know they can't tell us the truth, and any lie that utter will be debunked with a quickness.

I suspect we wont her another word from anyone of them about any of this.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 64
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensorghost View Post
I suspect we wont her another word from anyone of them about any of this.
What more "word" would you expect to hear?

My original post was made after examining the ships themselves, and their associated powers, all of which have not been recently changed. And Archon has confirmed the code change that is the most likely reason for any perceived increase in Borg difficulty (which was not Borg-specific, which is why I did not come across it in my search).

Borg Plasma DOTs are exactly the same as player Plasma DOTs (and always have been), which have been capable of stacking for quite some time. This is not a recent change.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lieutenant
# 65
11-15-2012, 09:47 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-15-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Career Officer
# 66
11-15-2012, 09:53 AM
In case no one has thank you guys for that, I love the stacking plasma DOTs. Thank you!

Also, if your an engineer in a cruiser pop Nadion Inversion, stops the shield drain by the Borg, hence a cruiser can be a very effective tank. Big gripe is that Science has nothing like it and with the Borg shield drains not even the Science huge shields can defend against it, your shields no matter how big just disappear and this is a problem I have with the Vesta 28k "One Shot" hull. I am stacked with Emergency Power to Shields, TTS, Revers Shield Polarity and of course the uber Bubble my Vesta gets, but a drain is still a drain and its deadly. Something like Nadion Inversion would save a lot of Science guys lives. The Vesta has also a lot of build in threat, big DPS potential.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 67
11-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
That said, it's possible that Borg encountered in Into The Hive are set to a higher level than they are in other STFs. I haven't checked to be certain. But if they are, that means they are rolling on different (higher) damage tables.
Hi Bort,

It's more than possible.

I've seen reports of the Unimatrix ship hitting players for over one million points of damage in a single strike.

This is unfortunate, and pushes Cruisers further into being an obsolete ship class.

One million points of damage is not something any ship can ever be asked to "tank".

If you can please check on these damage scales, and the torpedoes as well, it would be really appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
Some cone-based targeting was changed so that it calculates from a center point rather than a specific facing. While this affected nearly every entity in the game, it only significantly impacts very large entities. A side effect of this is that there aren't as many "safe zones" from Borg Cube torpedoes.

While I think it's OK that there are less safe zones, the problem is the damage scale of those torpedoes and the rate that the borg can fire them are well beyond what a ship can realistically deal with.

So if you're going to reduce the safe zones, I think you really need to take another look at the rates of fire and/or damage output from those torpedoes.

Survivor of Romulus
# 68
11-15-2012, 10:03 AM
At the very least if nothing else, I'd like to see all borg torps be destructible, There has got to be more of a means to counter than brace and pray.

Edit: How about this, replace all cases when cubes, gates, and sphere's launch normal torps so they will be the high yield destructible ones instead but at a higher rate of fire, and then replace all current high yield launches with a smaller version of the command ship super plasma ball that is slightly faster and much harder to kill than high yield plasmas. This way players can counter any of these without absolutely having to sustain hits constantly but still have to watch out.

Last edited by kitsunesnout; 11-15-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 69
11-15-2012, 10:06 AM
The only "one million point" hits that should be happening in Hive Onslaught, is if you are out of position during the Two Unimatrix Ship fight. If you are not within range of both ships, they will fire a massive Plasma Lance at you. Fly between them to avoid the Lance, or you are exceedingly likely to be destroyed in a single hit.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 70
11-15-2012, 10:15 AM
I think people are still trying to wrap their heads around the new STF

I found that the Queen's Feedback Pulse seems to be very powerful.

The Borg Shield Neutralizer + the 70000 Plasma Damage from Plasma Spread II was very unwelcome. Especially when you can't brace for impact or prepare in any way because the visuals for the torpedos disappear on High end machines

Then the one shot kill if you're within 5km of her.

And that's just the Queen's ship.

There's no doubt that it's an extremely difficult STF at least for now.