Commander
# 81
11-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by distantworlds View Post
It appears that the Borg now have rather absurdly high shield penetration in STFs. Without ever losing a facing in my shields, my battlecruiser ended up with 10% hull left at one point. What is going on? Is this a bug? Is this intended? It feels really wierd to see your hull falling apart while shields aren't even below 50%.
I haven't done an STF yet since Season 7 started, but I did a couple of those Borg Alerts and have never had as much trouble as now. I'd go from 100% shields/hull/crew to dead in less than 2 seconds - and I'm running MACO Mk XI.
Captain
# 82
11-15-2012, 07:59 PM
I like the plasma fires
Makes us use hazard emitters

Cross healing may become used more
I'n stfs

There is a torpedo that has 100% shield penetration
I've been hit with it many times today

I've taken 30,000 hull damage with full shields
Several times
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Starfleet Veteran
# 83
11-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusteadragon View Post
Is it only happening in STFs? I was playing SB24 earlier, and my hull went to 10%, and all of my shield facings were still up. When I exploded half a second later, my shields were still up. They were protecting a tiny debris field, but they were there.

Edit: Forgot to add, I'm using the complete Borg set (Shield, Deflector, Engine, Console)
Same thing I noticed. I blame Isometric Charge which Neghvars use these days.
Survivor of Remus
# 84
11-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Lets see....messed up mission and exchange timers,bugged Tholian Red Alert,missions not rewarding dilithium,Borg weapon shield bleed through can insta kill.....yep,sounds like Cryptic to me.
Commander
# 85
11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
Lets see....messed up mission and exchange timers,bugged Tholian Red Alert,missions not rewarding dilithium,Borg weapon shield bleed through can insta kill.....yep,sounds like Cryptic to me.
and don't forget computer crashes starting with season 7.
Captain
# 86
11-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
I like the plasma fires
Makes us use hazard emitters

Cross healing may become used more
Actually I find that I do *less* healing of other players now. I can't rely on team mates to be competent enough to save themselves even with my help. More typically their shields are down, they have no plan to get the shields back up, and the torpedo heading toward them right this second is going to hit them for 50K damage and kill them instantly. Hazard emitters only has a 33% up-time, and I know that I have a very good chance to stay alive if I use it on myself, so that's what I'm going to do. I'll help other players if I can see that they know what they are doing, but in general, with the new Borg lethality other people just aren't worth helping because they're going to die with or without your help.

Upsetting perhaps, but pragmatic.

(Seriously, people: Monotanium armor saves lives. I've been advocating monotanium ever since I realized that Borg do 90% of their killing with torpedoes of doom, and y'all cling to your neutronium like it's the last bar of latinum on Ferenginar)

Last edited by momaw; 11-15-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Captain
# 87
11-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
(Seriously, people: Monotanium armor saves lives. I've been advocating monotanium ever since I realized that Borg do 90% of their killing with torpedoes of doom, and y'all cling to your neutronium like it's the last bar of latinum on Ferenginar)
^ Give this man a medal.

I personally don't care (cruiser pilot so I run in like idiot and give no #$%&s like idiot), but I have noticed the borg sting a little more than they used to. I used to be able to tank a Tac Cube all day in an ISE, but now I have to pay attention, and even have to disengage every few minutes to heal up and recover.

The borg have more teeth. The Collective is coming for you. About bloody time I say. Cuz in all honesty, the borg in S5 and S6 were pathetic. Now the borg are real. I likey.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
# 88
11-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Before the release of Season 7, i manage to get on the Triibble test with the Borg and The Queen.

Big 0, and full MACO set at 12th lvl. 5 to 6 times, the ship met instant death. On the last death, was multi-tractor, shield stripped, and plasma fired to death. But the first 5, simply turned into space dust.

Lost all the options, team was forced to put massive distant away *twice* on keeping the group in the game. But we finished it.

My ship was designed to handle Borg directly...what I witness, they overcame all my decent protections like they had the inside knowledge to codes and what not, on slowing my means to fight properly.

It was very brutal, very brutal...but it is the Borg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihohle View Post
to all who noticed far more death with shield up, did you fly a ship with 3part borg set + maco/hg shield ?
if so maybe you re just burned by the loss of the old 3part bonus ?
Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T2.0, Tac 2, Eng 1.5 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Captain
# 89
11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
low resolution textures ,CTD ,crappy rewards for end game content ,huge loading times ,SNRs ,no easy for small fleet to get fleet marks ...
Commander
# 90
11-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Seems they've broken and bugged out STF with the messed up damages. Not even fun to play anymore, its sad that the one game ive played for so long has become unplayable because of shoddy programming, and devs that just dont give a crap about the game, or the players and the experience they have with the game. I'm trying really hard to stick around, but the devs seem intent on driving me and others away from this game.

Things must be getting really bad in their workplace, seems like they want out, of this game, their jobs, etc.