Ensign
# 1 R.i.p. Pve & Sto
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Well played, Perfect World. Your greed has killed PVE, and with it, Star Trek Online. Congratulations, I guess.

There's nothing left to do in Star Trek Online at 50 if you don't want to bend over for the new reputation system being forced down our throats with Season 7. They expect you will be reaching for your wallet rather than wait to accumulate enough dilithium to finish paying to grind-craft your Mk X MACO engine.

Now, after doing all the work grinding STFs, they want you to also CRAFT your loot in a version of the fleet project panel, adding the most important ingredient of all, large piles of dilithium. Yes, the very same substance that is no longer rewarded for STFs.

You really did it. You managed to turn pay2win into pay2pray2win and now just pay 2 lose. Star Trek doesn't need a reboot now so much as a rebate.
Captain
# 2
11-13-2012, 07:57 PM
OK, Feel free to mail your items to @kyeto13. I'll put it in good use
Career Officer
# 3
11-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
OK, Feel free to mail your items to @kyeto13. I'll put it in good use
I'll send you all my small hypos and small shield charges. Enjoy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Leave your stuff at the door on your way out

I'm loving the new reputation system.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 5
11-13-2012, 08:38 PM
I could do with some stuff - @sumghai is my in-game handle.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 6
11-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Personally i don't really like how they've taken an annoying grind and made it worse, only to tell every one they'd still be getting dilithium rewards during the testing, but wait until after launch to tell every one that it actually wasn't true. Cryptic's methods and tactics are earning them all the hate and rage on the forums, and frankly as long as the money keeps coming, they really couldn't care less.
Lieutenant
# 7 indeed...
11-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Cryptic's methods and tactics are earning them all the hate and rage on the forums, and frankly as long as the money keeps coming, they really couldn't care less.
Bingo.
Cryptic are not non-English Chinese developers. They will be able to understand the players if you RAGE loud and often enough about this. Vote with your wallets as well, get as many as you can to do the same.

The only way anything will change is if the players voice loudly and succintly what their desires are and vote with their wallets not to support terribad design principles.

Blame not Cryptic, for they have to listen to those who sign their paychecks.
Blame PWE, the root of all Chinese-MMO evil. >_>
Ensign
# 8
11-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm not even mad about the Dil.

I am upset and asking why does this system have to be such a grindfest? The grind has killed our small fleet of good people when we figured out we will never be able to get to tier 3-5, and now you have to solo grind on a MMO game. Played my fair share of STF's and now you have to start that over from scratch and grind, grind, grind.

I can't deal with the grind. Maybe I will come back when there is enough content applied to your structure so it would feel fresh.
Lieutenant
# 9
11-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I'll keep on playing in your stead. But I will make sure no one else joins this game.

Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
Catian Atrox Carrier
Captain
# 10
11-13-2012, 09:25 PM
I'm for sure not spending anymore real money for this crap.